Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net (5199 Views)

Obaseki Targets ₦‎70 Billion IGR In 2024 / Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense / Folorunso Adesina: Osun Sets New Record With ₦19.6 Billion IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by ibelieveinjesus: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
oya
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tax the poor the more abi
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by iamtardey: 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
more sufa for who no be rich
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Lastmankc(m): 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Now, you will see skull mining in the highest order.
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
If we pay the tax una politicians go embezzle am.Thieves.
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by lokoloko84(m): 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
Bobo! The fastest way to increase IGR is to explore the mineral resources domiciled in states like these and the revenue used to diversify the economy.
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Munzy14(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lattop:
With the poor masses will suffer dis
Of course...the poor will pay that..Useless country.. lipsrsealed
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by anambraamaka: 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Great
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Rick9(m): 12:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
This is what I expect the government to be doing.

Create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive.
This would encourage budding entrepreneurs to establish more business and create more jobs.

When the economy is thriving and in good shape, the government would collect more taxes to expand
and to carry out developmental projects.

Then in the end everyone gets what they want and everyone is happy.

This is how developed societies are run.

If the needs of the citizens are met, who would have time engaging in violence?
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by ipobarecriminals: 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
sad Unfortunately,u can't see one expect u get lucky with bank job/somebody who kwn another person to help with government work, otherwise,u go suffer there.Ekiti is civil servants/farmers state
if u Sabi farming,u are free to go.
Timekeeper:
I spent almost 2 weeks in ekiti and I fell in love with the city....

How I wish I can get a job in ado ekiti, I will gladly leave this Lagos....

Any job available for a Bsc banking and Finance in ado ekiti pls..

Administrative or management work..
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by wink2015(m): 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
omowolewa:
IGR growth without industrial (Productivity) growth is a burden to citizens.

Governance should work first

MOST OF NIGERIA'S STATES ARE NOT VIABLE.

THEY WERE CREATED FOR MILITARY AND CIVILIAN CONVENIENCES and with a view to accessing the crude oil money from the Niger delta.

With the drop in crude oil prices in the International market and the non marketability of the Nigerian crude in the International market their economic lifeline is now threatened.

GOVERNORS FROM MOST OF THE NON VIABLE STATE PRETENSIOUS WANT TO BE SEEN TO BE WORKING.
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by checkthis1990: 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Impressive. Ekiti kete.

Check out a secret method of getting PROFIT before adding normal profit to cost price of an item shopped in usa.

This is good for shoppers and sellers:

https://www.nairaland.com/6845229/extra-profit-giftcard-secrets-shopping
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Timekeeper: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
ipobarecriminals:
sad Unfortunately,u can't see one expect u get lucky with bank job/somebody who kwn another person to help with government work, otherwise,u go suffer there.Ekiti is civil servants/farmers state
if u Sabi farming,u are free to go.

Can u help me?
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Olanimonje: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
These govt are not different from the police extorting people. They create zero avenue for industrialization to thrive yet they are extending tax net.
sojiboy:
Ekiti targets N1.5bn IGR monthly, expands tax net

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/10/ekiti-targets-n1-5bn-igr-monthly-expands-tax-net/
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by ipobarecriminals: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
sad Haa! I dnt have any connection/paddy there again since FAYOSE don comot...I'm not from Ekiti/DNT stay in that agarian state.invest in farming and watch Urself going to d top
Timekeeper:

Can u help me?
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by agabusta: 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
thesicilian:
Tax the people more so there'll be more money to embezzle.

It is not to tax the people more, but to bring people who has not been paying into the tax net.

Why should the people earning monthly salary be paying tax, while those doing their own business should not be paying?? Everybody should pay tax. It is a civic responsibility.
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Cognitivereason: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
It is not the responsibility of govt to build industries... They will eventually fail...it best private sector does that...govt should only attract them... Either ways it will take a lot off months to set up a fully functioning industry... Pending that time govt have to find another way to generate money I.e tax the public
Les:
Instead of building industries and increasing exports which would invariably generate more income tax for the govt, they decide to impoverish already impoverished masses.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Cognitivereason: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
grin grin
All those people wailing on Nairaland DAT state should depend only on their resources and IGR and scrap allocations....
How to think states like ekiti ,osun, and the likes will survive other than rapidly tax their citizens...
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Osirawboy: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
But there is Brewery in Edo. Guinness Brewery
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Youngthug69(m): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
sojiboy:
Ekiti targets N1.5bn IGR monthly, expands tax net

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/10/ekiti-targets-n1-5bn-igr-monthly-expands-tax-net/

Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by KashApp: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
Timekeeper:
I spent almost 2 weeks in ekiti and I fell in love with the city....

How I wish I can get a job in ado ekiti, I will gladly leave this Lagos....

Any job available for a Bsc banking and Finance in ado ekiti pls..

Administrative or management work..
Firstly, thanks for loving my state wink now about the job, please kindly be aware that getting jobs here can be very hard except you apply to places like, FTH, Ido Ekiti, Ekiti State Govt or Banks and I'm pretty sure you know all these requires some connection (unfortunately, I don't have any connection). But still, I will mention you anytime there's offer at FTH, Ido. I wish you well.
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Timekeeper: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
KashApp:
Firstly, thanks for loving my state wink now about the job, please kindly be aware that getting jobs here can be very hard except you apply to places like, FTH, Ido Ekiti, Ekiti State Govt or Banks and I'm pretty sure you know all these requires some connection (unfortunately, I don't have any connection). But still, I will mention you anytime there's offer at FTH, Ido. I wish you well.

Pls mention me.. Thanks very much
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by Imokay: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
omowolewa:
IGR growth without industrial (Productivity) growth is a burden to citizens.

Governance should work first

governance should work with billions of leaves first
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by DaveHarry(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Full state 1.5Bn not even in dollars, but naira, monthly. Obobs ekiti is a poor state.
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by samtoolz(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
Stupid state, how do they want to achieve this? By increasing school fees? How can a state be this shameless?
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by newoffer: 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
When u have shortsighted people in govt. U cannot invest in the people so as to rake better money. When 50 percent are into bike..
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by DOTian: 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rick9:
This is what I expect the government to be doing.

Create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive.
This would encourage budding entrepreneurs to establish more business and create more jobs.

When the economy is thriving and in good shape, the government would collect more taxes to expand
and to carry out developmental projects.

Then in the end everyone gets what they want and everyone is happy.

This is how developed societies are run.

If the needs of the citizens are met, who would have time engaging in violence?
But they are doing it the other way round by putting the cart before the horse...
I mean have they put in place, the socalled friendly business environment in Ekiti state? Obviously no! They just want more tax money to play with... They will now finish off the paltry finances of long suffering workers through that nonsense PAYE,, just to make enough money for all sorts of hedonistic owambe parties...
Re: Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net by siant: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
Any Lagos investor that wish to invest in farming should look in the direction of Ekiti State.
You will be surprised that it is more viable in the state than Oyo or Ogun.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AIT Journalists Aruleba and Durojaiye Charged With 'Sedition' / Case Of Shariah Law In Osun State / We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.