Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah (32216 Views)

Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? / Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by DonCrack: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44yNao57gAI

Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP Bassey Ewah, on Wednesday warned Nigerians not to give any policeman who stopped them at the checkpoint their phones without a warrant.

He noted that if the police were on an investigation, they would present a warrant and then demand for the phone.

Ewah disclosed this while answering questions during a programme organised by the Police Community Relation Committee in Lagos State.

“I am stand to be corrected; please do not give any policeman who stopped you on the checkpoint your phones; it’s not our schedule. If we are investigating you, we will present a warrant and then demand for your phone. Please take note," he said.

The police boss also spoke on the Federal Government’s signal that stops any tinted vehicle that arrives in the country to be touched by police.

Ewah said, “Tell your associates and friends on the street, if you present your papers and they (the policemen) say they are not okay; just tell them, police take me to your Divisional Police Officer. There is no point arguing with them because the man is deaf.”

In 2019, the Nigerian police had issued some tips to Nigerians on how to avoid clashes with officers at a police checkpoint.

The tips came after the reported killing and brutality of citizens by police officers.
The police gave the tips via their verified Twitter handle, @PoliceNG, in May, urging Nigerians to avoid an unnecessary argument or challenging armed personnel on duty.
They advised Nigerians to avoid giving an unhappy impression when encountering an officer on their beat.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/10/don%E2%80%99t-give-your-phones-policemen-checkpoints-search-%E2%80%93-police-boss-cautions-nigerians

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by FirstbornWds: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
DonCrack:
Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - Police Commissioner Warns Nigerians

Source: https://hgsmediaplus.com/2021/11/11/dont-give-your-phones-to-police-officers-at-checkpoints-to-search-police-commissioner-warns-nigerians/

lalasticlala
mynd44

The ones at the Checkpoint don't have the liberty to listen or even follow the law.

So, unfortunately, for us to live longer and not become victims of another Lai Mohammed's "never happened death", we better cooperate.

260 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by AntiBMC(m): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
How many times will they make this announcement...the police dem dey hear?
Vseless agency, vseless country

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by johnmartus(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oga police warn your stupid men not Nigerians and any policemen accused of searching people phone without warrant will be dismissed from forces.

This useless police officer killed a navy officer yesterday at ojota thought a Yahoo boy.

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by sapientia(m): 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
Evil clowns

Warn your men to stop it

Expose those who do that and prosecute them

Stop setting Nigerians up for slaughter

How can you drag with 5 men with AK 47 in the dead of the night at a lonely road

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
Believe him At your own risk. Yeye man, u want educate the public when your mens conducts are ignorant and barbaric.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by BlackfireX: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oga police you sure .

With this police face and gun

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by sweetonugbu: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
This man is a good man, he saved my life as the dpo mtd police station awkunanaw enugu oct 2010.i will alway remain grateful.

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by sweetonugbu: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
If we have 1000 police man like him they will make a massive difference.

44 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by complexBoss12: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
(Act 1. Scene 1)
**Gets to police check post... (PO means Police officer)

PO 1: This guy, you look like a criminal! look at his trouser, look at his hair, why are you wearing eye glasses...

PO 2: He is talking to you and you are sitting down... (corks his gun) come on, come down!! idiot!!!

Unfortunate Civilian: Sorry Sir! No vex!!

(police officers starts to search him, sees nothing but his phone and wallet, opens the wallet, there is only #70 inside. Checks the phone and finds it locked)

PO 1: Open this phone idiot. all this Yahoo boys, why will you lock your phone, if you're not a Yahoo boy. criminal. (brings out his phone), see! do you see my phone?? is there any password?? idiot!! you will see today!!

Unfortunately Nigerian: (if God wants to punish you) Oga according to law you're not supposed to...

PO 2: (*With the already corked gun* taa taa taa taaa... )

Your picture shows on nairaland front page, with a gun, knives and charms on your chest. then a story of how brave Nigerian Police men repelled attached from unkwown gunmen, killing one person.

(Act 1. Scene 2)
** (Gets to heaven)

God: My son, why are you back so early?

Unfortunate Nigerian: (tearfully) Lord, I was fighting for my right.

God: Where is that?

Unfortunate Nigerian: In Nigeria (tells your story)

God: Omo!! U don't have sense o (looks at Angel Michael) Reset his brain with 2 sound slaps. How can you allow Dcp Ewah to deceive you!!

264 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by THURAFTERNOON: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
He’s right but do this (resist police men searching your phone ) in 9ja at your own risk. E gt why.. except e get Wetin u dy hide

1 Like

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by JaySterling: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hmm

Make dem no shoot us o
If we refuse to give them
Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by geedot: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
All these na theory, if you go try am practically. Well, a word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by AFvckingAlpha(m): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Like say e easy!

Oga dey office dey talk, na we wey dey street dey face am.

Police brutality is still at its peak.

Random stop, bring out your phones, them still stop me some days ago, but as a sharp guy wey I be, I no dey move with my X.

Never trust the words of the cops, they dirty as fvck.

I said what I said

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Jectpro: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol...if you no give out ur phone now,Na beatings get you.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by WiszyFraud: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
cheesy
Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by affable4(m): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oga you will follow us around to enforce it o.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Story. Naija police wey de always dey trigger happy. Them go shoot u for East and label u ipob or unknown gunmen, you will just die a wasteful death.

If dem need my phone make dem collect. Na who de Alive, de follow police talk. Life in the zoogeria is worth lower than that of Buharis unproductive 150 cows...

Enough is a wise for the word

13 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by wwwtortoise(m): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2021

Public relations gimmicks as usual.
Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Mvena(f): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
No be you go tell dem wetin to do

1 Like

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by GodIsBiafran: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
In Biafra, the police will do just two things and two things alone: PROTECT and SERVE.

How can anyone be proud to be called a Nigerian? Your name was given to you by a british wh0re. Think about it for more than 5 minutes and maybe you will understand why Biafrans are demanding for freedom.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by alanto: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hmm ok
As you are telling us are you also telling the police man not to ask for my phone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by tradepunter: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by inoki247: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
lol just say you want me to lose my life you don't argue with someone with a Gun..

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Teaser4(m): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Jokers
Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Timekeeper: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
grin
Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by stano2(m): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tell ur officers not us.
They ones that were caught in the act, were they punished??

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Gondonu: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
The rogues on the roads will never listen or agree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by chloride6: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
Wrong!

Dismiss any police officer caught searching a phone..

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Flier: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please I take your mama head beg you,don’t listen to this nonsense,give them your phone and allow them to check it even if you are a yahoo,the worse is to pay
DONT GET YOURSELF KILLED!
Not allowing them to check your phone will only give them license to kill you

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by ForeThinker: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah by Olayetan(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
So that they can threaten to shoot the person if he/she doesn't comply to their request.

Let all your personnel go through psychological evaluation then screen the ones that are mentally imbalance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje: Movement Of Cattle From North To South Should Be Banned / I Will Speak At The Appropriate Time - President Jonathan / Security Personnel Turned Their Guns At Me - Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.