Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) (52027 Views)

Man Claims The Tree Outside His Home Can Power A Lightbulb (Pix/Vid) / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by HolinessForever: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
GOD is good. HE is blessing us. Everything's gonna be alright': South Carolina preacher gives live sermon outside his BURNING home

A South Carolina preacher gave a live sermon as he filmed his house burning on Sunday, reminding his followers that 'God is good.'

'Apostle' Sammy Smith, 64, founder of the Grace Cathedral Ministries in Piedmont, South Carolina, live-streamed his burning home on Facebook on November 7 saying he never lost faith - just his razor.

Despite watching flames engulf his house, the chipper preacher still said 'I'm doing church this morning. I can't shave, I thought I could shave. Looks like I might not be able to shave much this morning.

'But I just wanted everyone to know that God is good. He is blessing us. Everything gonna be alright. I always say He will make a way and sometimes we don't understand and as I've been saying recently, God might not put the blessing in your hand, but in your reach.'

Smith shared the video to his Facebook page showing the large, dark plumes of smoke billowing from the top of his house as flames engulf the top floor.

His two neighbors used their lawn hoses to spray water on the upstairs windows where the fire started until the Simpsonville Fire Department arrived with a much bigger and more powerful hose.

Even after the fire department arrived, his valiant neighbors still helped spray the house down. Other neighbors also joined the preacher in his front yard to offer support.

'My house is on fire,' the preacher is heard saying several times in the video. 'Right now, it's upstairs. I hope it don't get downstairs. My house is on fire.'

The 64-year-old preacher admitted in a later Facebook live that he has 'never seen a house burn.'

'The house is probably pretty much destroyed,' he said. 'But God got us out. And, you know, God's will always has to be done. Sometimes we don't understand His will.'

Although the cause of the fire remains unclear, Sammy suspected it was due to a heating unit or electronics, he told WYFF.

His daughter and godson, whose bedrooms are upstairs, lost all their belongings, but no one was injured in the fire.

The 'apostle' also thanked his community for their support.

'They were bringing up donations and putting them in my hand, And I felt their love. And I when I felt their love I became a crybaby,' Smith said.

'And it was something… not about the house, not about any of that stuff not about the clothes that were lost, not about the stuff - their love moved me.'

A few days after the fire, a Bible study group at the church celebrated that no lives were lost.

'Knowing that God had saved their lives, preserved their lives that was what was important to us as a church family - for us to still have them here,' church member Thomas Bell said.

'We could be mourning now, but instead of mourning we can rejoice because we know God saved he preserved.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10191087/amp/South-Carolina-preacher-gives-live-sermon-outside-burning-home.html

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by HolinessForever: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Lifeisgoody: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hmmm
Waiting for pastor righteousness....

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by ojun50(m): 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
Hmmm
Waiting for pastor righteousness....
He dey.inside hold up

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by dawnomike(m): 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Dedication to his faith and belief...

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
That is a Man with an Understanding of Who he is and Who he Serves.

Irrespective of whatever Comes our way we Praise GOD! We Trust GOD! We Love HIM more!

When you Supply GOD ALMIGHTY Great Faith and Trust even in the midst of your Challenges, trial and troubles, you Frustrate the devil and you make GOD proud of you, and you Move HIS Hands to Intervene.

453 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by garriAndsugar: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
This goes to show us that we shouldn't bother ourselves about earthly things..

Folks no circumstance in your life should swerve you from the things of God..

The only thing that can save you is having a genuine relationship with God.. no property on earth is worth fighting for.. Fight the good fight of faith..

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by chicoMX(m): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
The church got you covered

13 Likes

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Whats your obsession with anything destruction pst righteousness

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by temitope27(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Baba is looking for someone that will pity him and dash him money grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Omicron007: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
shocked

Lemme stand on the existing protocol established by the moniker above me.

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by BarrElChapo(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Okwa format eji-eli angry

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by VillageHead: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Praise God in good and bad times

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Our Holy Book tells us that,
In every situation you find yourself ....... GIVE THANKS

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Pidginwhisper: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
sad
Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yinmu....Indirect billing and format

1 Like

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
temitope27:
Baba is looking for someone that will pity him and dash him money grin
Why not keep quiet if you have nothing reasonable to say kiddo
We pray this won't be your abode portion in Jesus name.

Anyways,
Collectii abegii....
From Dem Pastor No Nonsense
Phiaaaam phiaaamm,

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by wizygreat2000(m): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
It we end in praise for sure

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Nonexisting: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Na so. But it didn't stop the house from burning.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Righteousness2:
That is a Man with an Understanding of Who he is and Who he Serves.

Irrespective of whatever Comes our way we Praise GOD! We Trust GOD! We Love HIM more!

When you Supply GOD ALMIGHTY Great Faith and Trust even in the midst of your Challenges, trial and troubles, you Frustrate the devil and you make GOD proud of you.

Extremists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by seyz91(m): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
cheesy
ojun50:

He dey.inside hold up
Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Lanretoye(m): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
In every situation, give glory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by wisdomkid: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
God is GREAT. He's not crying, or wailing, but saw a means of reaching millions of soul for Christ. God is good and his mercies endureth forever.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by DropsMic(m): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol

It's very easy to manipulate the black man's mind..
Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by tutudesz: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Las Las na Church members or insurance company go hear undecided
Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by Misrighteousnes: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Everything about every news is Buhari as far as you are concern.
Though he is a failure but remember he has the following points to himself.

~~Who built Zik Mausoleum?
~~Who started Ogoni CleanUp?
~~Who made June12 Democracy Day?
~~Who gave Abiola GCFR and Fawehinmi GCON?
~~Who paid Biafran Soldiers Gratuities?
~~Who settled all NITEL Staff Gratuities?
~~Who brought joy to the faces of Nigeria Airways Retirees?

~~Who gave Ariaria Market Aba 24 hours electricity?
~~Who named Abuja National Stadium MKO Abiola NATIONAL Stadium?
~~Who bailed out State Governments in order to settle outstanding Salaries Arrears inherited from previous government?

~~Who is now giving local governments their funds direct from Federation Account?
~~Who increased minimum wage from 18k to 30k?

~~Who made local rice sufficient in Nigeria?
~~Who is making Nigeria a Tomato Paste hub?
~~Who is feeding School Pulpis nationwide?
~~Who pays Npower stipends to young people?
~~Who is constructing bridges, rails and roads across the country?

~~Who is fighting BokoHaram?
~~Who is supplying the military with the latest, modern and sophisticated weapons?

~~Who is fighting orchestrated & deliberate criminal activities by bandits, herders, farmers & hooligans?
~~Who is making natural and steady, realistic progress on the economy?

Okay, who is that Leader who openly declared his assets twice without stealing, hiding any state resources?

IF YOU’RE AN HONEST HUMAN BEINGS, JUST ANSWER.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by abobote: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
That's courageous. Unshakable Faith

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by NdiEgede: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Brainwashed murdaphackas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Hosts Trans-Women & Eats Lunch With Them At The Vatican (Photos) / Prophecies That Failed In 2021 - Sahara Reporters / 31 Dead In Kings Assembly Church Stampede In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.