Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters (377 Views)

Ned Nwoko Demands $5 Trillion Reparations, Apology From Colonial Masters / Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari / Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by happy200(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
The reason why I said we should stop blaming our colonial masters is because I have realized that they really worked very hard to bringing us to the present stage that we are today.

I perceive that when they came here they met our people some of them defecating on their selves.
Some were bathing twice a year.
Some sleeping on trees. E.t.c

I can imagine there efforts in cleaning and educating people to date.
I appreciate that, even if we don't want to accept this truth.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by Ahmback(m): 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
happy200:
The reason why I said we should stop blaming our colonial masters is because I have realized that they really worked very hard to bringing us to the present stage that we are today.

I perceive that when they came here they met our people some of them defecating on their selves.

hmmm! Interesting!
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by Reflect7: 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
happy200:

This is your wretched colonial miseducation talking, and it is so disgusting to behold.

You clearly have read NO African history at all, and are really a disgrace to whoever gave birth to you.

I advise you to pick up a few history books on Amazon.com, or simply Google African history topics, because in this day and age of free internet, and freely available information, it is an absolute shocking disgrace that a person could type what you just did.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by horsepower102: 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
A lot of people in Nigeria love being slaves.

In America, there were some slaves that were freed after the civil war but they missed being slaves so they went back to their masters.

This is exactly what Nigerians sound like.

Abeg whatever you people decide with your future in slavery, count Igbos out of it. We're freeborns.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by happy200(m): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
Reflect7:

This is your wretched colonial miseducation talking, and it is so disgusting to behold.

You clearly have read NO African history at all, and are really a disgrace to whoever gave birth to you.

I advise you to pick up a few history books on Amazon.com, or simply Google African history topics, because in this day and age of free internet, and freely available information, it is an absolute shocking disgrace that a person could type what you just did.

I want to learn from you. Can you please shed some light about what you are trying to say.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by mmanwuijele: 12:47am On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:

Oh wow! This is one lost brother!

I'll point you to the right direction, but won't be your teacher. Go read about African History.. as told by the Africans and not those who enslaved you.

Start with John Henrik Clarke, James Baldwin, Chinua Achebe.

The oyibo you love so much were the ones who didn't shower and always stunk and didn't wash their mouths. Many of them still don't. They didn't know how to care for themselves in the African environment.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by assent: 1:04am On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:

Where did you get the story of not taking our bath from? Who stuffed you with those lies? .

Before the White men came, we already had societies across Africa. We were not perfect, but we would get there. The white men too were not perfect and are still not perfect. We would have achieved civilisation without the slavery and control (colonization) of the White man

The white men did nothing for us other than put us in economic bondage.

What you wrote up there is bourne out of ignorance. You should wake up and start romancing information.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by happy200(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
assent:

Where did you get the story of not taking our bath from? Who stuffed you with those lies? .

Before the White men came, we already had societies across Africa. We were not perfect, but we would get there. The white men too were not perfect and are still not perfect. We would have achieved civilisation without the slavery and control (colonization) of the White man

The white men did nothing for us other than put us in economic bondage.

What you wrote up there is bourne out of ignorance. You should wake up and start romancing information.
But I was looking at it from the angle that they discovered Aeroplane, Car, Oil in our soil, Fridge, Bulb, Tooth-pick. E.t.c and I just want to know what we 've discovered that they are using.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by assent: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:
But I was looking at it from the angle that they discovered Aeroplane, Car, Oil in our soil, Fridge, Bulb, Tooth-pick. E.t.c and I just want to know what we 've discovered that they are using.

Where is the link between this your question and your earlier statement that Africans were not taking their bath?

China rarely discovered any of these things, but China is not enslaved to the west.

The fact that we do not produce these things doesn't make us slaves. They make the things and we buy from them. They don't give us for free. We pay for them

You should go and learn about Africa history.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:

Who told you they did? Most of the slaves invented those to make their work easier. Go read up African American inventions. The only thing the whyte man invented was the patent office to steal their ideas and give themselves the credit. They still do it today. It is called brain drain.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by happy200(m): 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
assent:

Where is the link between this your question and your earlier statement that Africans were not taking their bath?

China rarely discovered any of these things, but China is not enslaved to the west.

The fact that we do not produce these things doesn't make us slaves. They make the things and we buy from them. They don't give us for free. We pay for them

You should go and learn about Africa history.

their is no slave in my statements rather that we should appreciate their efforts instead of always blaming them
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by happy200(m): 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
kmcutez:

Who told you they did? Most of the slaves invented those to make their work easier. Go read up African American inventions. The only thing the whyte man invented was the patent office to steal their ideas and give themselves the credit. They still do it today. It is called brain drain.
so why didn't we do the same?
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:

This is the age of information. Go utilize the internet. I’m not going to educate you. Google African inventions.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:

Maybe Africans are more in tune with the environment, and not material things that causes pollution and will destroy the world soon via Climate change.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by assent: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:
their is no slave in my statements rather that we should appreciate their efforts instead of always blaming them

Chai! Your knowledge level is very poor. It is a waste of time even explaining anything to you.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by laiperi: 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
The first thing ignorant Africans must do is to learn the difference between Civilization and Invention.

Simply put, Civilization is the ability to live in peace and among in communities, between cultures and societies.

Africans we're the first to exist as civilized communities. In the days of Mansa Musa in Mali Empire, the historian Basil Davidson told us a child could go to the market and buy without being cheated.

Iron, terracotta, etc were invented in West Africa. The Queen of Sheba and Mansa Musa exposed African gold riches and flooded world market with.

Gold attracted Explorers, Religious Missionaries and slavery started when Pope gave edict to enslave Africans from the coast of West Africa.

In 1452 Pope Nicholas V issued a papal bull that granted Portugal and Spain 'full and free permission to invade, search out, capture and subjugate unbelievers and enemies of Christ wherever they may be ... And to reduce their persons into perpetual slavery' .

Indeed, the world first Cabinet form of Government started in OYO!

As someone indicated already, information is too readily available to spoon feed anyone. Remaining ignorant is a choice and excuse to glorify the people that are still enslaving your mind.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by happy200(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
laiperi:
The first thing ignorant Africans must do is to learn the difference between Civilization and Invention.

Simply put, Civilization is the ability to live in peace and among in communities, between cultures and societies.

Africans we're the first to exist as civilized communities. In the days of Mansa Musa in Mali Empire, the historian Basil Davidson told us a child could go to the market and buy without being cheated.

Iron, terracotta, etc were invented in West Africa. The Queen of Sheba and Mansa Musa exposed African gold riches and flooded world market with.

Gold attracted Explorers, Religious Missionaries and slavery started when Pope gave edict to enslave Africans from the coast of West Africa.

In 1452 Pope Nicholas V issued a papal bull that granted Portugal and Spain 'full and free permission to invade, search out, capture and subjugate unbelievers and enemies of Christ wherever they may be ... And to reduce their persons into perpetual slavery' .

Indeed, the world first Cabinet form of Government started in OYO!

As someone indicated already, information is too readily available to spoon feed anyone. Remaining ignorant is a choice and excuse to glorify the people that are still enslaving your mind.
Okay. This is educating but please answer my question.
Apart from what you wrote up here. Are you saying that the colonial masters didnot help us in any way? This is what I want to hear from any of you, hence i'm saying that instead of always blaming them let's also look at the positive side of their coming here.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by laiperi: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
I don't think social media is the best place to educate a serious educated mind. You have to satisfy your curiosity by personal research.

My personal opinion about your question is like saying every disaster has a silver lining. Then praising that silver lining over the disaster.

The world has more to learn from one another. Of course Africa also has more to learn.

But the same Africa that provided ancient inventions from Sudan (North Egypt) has been denied, whitewashed, concealed and even usurped by those Barbarians.

Barbarian is the name given to Northern Europeans by Southerner (Romans) who came to North Egypt to learn Astronomy, Medicine and Mathematics from the Masters.

Read up on Cheikh Anta Diop.

happy200:
Okay. This is educating but please answer my question.
Apart from what you wrote up here. Are you saying that the colonial masters didnot help us in any way? This is what I want to hear from any of you, hence i'm saying that instead of always blaming them let's also look at the positive side of their coming here.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by happy200(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
laiperi:
I don't think social media is the best place to educate a serious educated mind. You have to satisfy your curiosity by personal research.

My personal opinion about your question is like saying every disaster has a silver lining. Then praising that silver lining over the disaster.

The world has more to learn from one another. Of course Africa also has more to learn.

But the same Africa that provided ancient inventions from Sudan (North Egypt) has been denied, whitewashed, concealed and even usurped by those Barbarians.

Barbarian is the name given to Northern Europeans by Southerner (Romans) who came to North Egypt to learn Astronomy, Medicine and Mathematics from the Masters.

Read up on Cheikh Anta Diop.

Hmmmmmmmm mysterious. Thank you very much for sharing this educative informations. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by Arda1000(m): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:

bro do yourself a favor,go read your history,imagine a white man seeing this it’s very ridiculous that Africans like you exist
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
happy200:

Nigeria's problem has never been colonial Masters or Nigerian government. The number one problem with we Nigerians illiteracy and stupidity, Nigerian will only follow a criminal they will only vote for a criminal wherever they are in the world go to UK and America and see how Nigerians will be following criminals up and down the place
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Colonial Masters by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
mmanwuijele:

Oh wow! This is one lost brother!

I'll point you to the right direction, but won't be your teacher. Go read about African History.. as told by the Africans and not those who enslaved you.

Start with John Henrik Clarke, James Baldwin, Chinua Achebe.

The oyibo you love so much were the ones who didn't shower and always stunk and didn't wash their mouths. Many of them still don't. They didn't know how to care for themselves in the African environment.
Illiterate more than 2,000 Nigerians are dying a month trying to reach Europe. If the white people are so bad why are Nigerians running to their country

(1) (Reply)

China Offers To Organize Refresher Course On Governance For President Buhari / Update On The Final Year Student Shot By Nigeria Police Officer Attached To Npdc / ICYMI: Primate Ayodele Reveals PDP Governor Who Will Never Become Nigeria's Pres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.