Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why Do We Go To Schools - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do We Go To Schools (244 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Go To Schools by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hello my fellow nairalander,
I have a question that is burning in my mind.

You see, we attend, primary and secondary schools, proceed to the university and spend time to acquire knowledge. Its about 16 years of learning and we graduate with a certificate, perhaps a bachelor's or masters degree.
Now the big question, why go through all the hassle?, what is the purpose of education.?, what are we supposed to do after graduation.

I have asked a lot of folks in Nigeria and abroad ,and the answer i often get is, "to look for jobs."

Then i ask, " what about if we fail to get a good job or end up unhappy with our jobs, what are we supposed to do.

I came to the conclusion that to look for a job is not the primary reason for education.

Don't get me wrong, I do not by any means condemn paid wmplyment or villify being gainfully employed.

I have worked for a greater part of my life and lets be realistic, there won't be enough jobs to go around.

I do strongly believe that the primary purpose of our vast education is to increase our critical thinking abilities
and enable us evaluate our environments and different options objectively.

As a graduate, i should be able to use my superior knowledge to open a better organized barbing saloon for instance.

To open a small breakfast resturant style , like noodles and egg and organize it in a superior way.

To look at our society and find opportunities and needs that we can fulfull at a profit.

To think and be productive if we are unable to secure a job. And, when we eventually land the right job, we still need our critical thinking caps to evaluate different opportunities around us.

To evaluate our situations and determine when to have the right number of kids
To question everything around us.
Re: Why Do We Go To Schools by NdiEgede: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
To gain knowledge in a chosen Field. To develop or grow in a field
Re: Why Do We Go To Schools by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
NdiEgede:
To gain knowledge in a chosen Field. To develop or grow in a field

For the most part, what we do for jobs do not correlate with our studies.

Its one of the reasons, i agree but not the main reason.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy / Earn Cash With Your Data. / Acquire A POS Machine For Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.