Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari (866 Views)

Nigerians Now Going For Suicide, Slavery Missions Abroad Due To Hardships - PDP / Sanwo-olu, Agbaje Clash On Economy, Education At LCCI Debate / Governor Ahmed Doles Out N20M, Exotic Cars To ‘Good Boys'- Kwara Daily-Throwback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by TheRareGem1(f): 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said the competitiveness which Nigerians display abroad is a result of the good education they acquired before travelling out of the country.

This is as he urged Nigerians in Diaspora to always abide by the rules of their host countries.

The President said this when he met with the Minister of State Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates, Shaikh Shakboot Alnahyan, at the sidelines of the Paris Peace Forum on Friday.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina disclosed this in a statement titled ‘Nigerians Competitive Both Home And Abroad, President Buhari Tells UAE Minister.’

Adesina quoted Buhari as saying, “Nigerians are all over the place, very competitive. And the competitiveness starts from home, where they have acquired good education, gone into businesses, and then take all that abroad.”

The President encouraged Nigerians in Diaspora to “subject themselves to the rules and standards of the country in which they live either as working class, or doing businesses.”

He welcomed the offer by UAE to partner with Nigeria in the areas of renewable energy, agriculture, infrastructure logistics, and provision of vaccines to further control the COVID-19 pandemic.

On his own part, Minister Alnahyan said his country “thinks very highly “of President Buhari’s leadership, noting that he was striving to “build a better future for generations to come.”

He said there were lots of Nigerians in his country “who add much value,” assuring that the headwinds of the recent past in the relationship “are now behind us.”

According to him, “We want to secure, deepen and strengthen the association for the future. We have a lot in common. We may be taking small steps, but they are leading somewhere.”

On proposed investments in Nigeria, Alnahyan said it would be a win-win situation, “which would bring hope and opportunities for people in both countries. We want to come and add quality and value.”

Adesina said the Minister equally commended the Nigerian government for its robust tackling of violent extremism

https://punchng.com/nigerians-are-competitive-abroad-due-to-good-education-at-home-says-buhari/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636722189-2
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by helinues: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Toh
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
If our education is completely useless, we will not go overseas and immediately or within a period outshine others. The evidence abounds even though some Nigerians ,out of poor self esteem and negative mindset, are not aware of this and fail to monetize this edge they have in a legitimate way.

You can ONLY give what you have. If you have been taught rubbish here, it would have taken much longer than necessary to catch up and even overtake others. Those 'school is scam' crew don't know what they're missing and those who have the sound education don't know the value of what they have. May God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by cyril10(m): 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
What a President we have here, any wonder things are getting from bad to worst each passing day because our President doesn't know what is going on in the country is presiding on.
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by daddyp76(m): 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
If Nigeria schools are good why did Buhari sent his children to school abroad?

FreeStuffsNG:
If our education is completely useless, we will not go overseas and immediately or within a period outshine others. The evidence abounds.
You can ONLY give what you have. Those 'school is scam' crew don't know what they're missing. May God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Conwarden: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
TheRareGem1:
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said the competitiveness which Nigerians display abroad is a result of the good education they acquired before travelling out of the country.

This is as he urged Nigerians in Diaspora to always abide by the rules of their host countries.

The President said this when he met with the Minister of State Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates, Shaikh Shakboot Alnahyan, at the sidelines of the Paris Peace Forum on Friday.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina disclosed this in a statement titled ‘Nigerians Competitive Both Home And Abroad, President Buhari Tells UAE Minister.’

Adesina quoted Buhari as saying, “Nigerians are all over the place, very competitive. And the competitiveness starts from home, where they have acquired good education, gone into businesses, and then take all that abroad.”

The President encouraged Nigerians in Diaspora to “subject themselves to the rules and standards of the country in which they live either as working class, or doing businesses.”

He welcomed the offer by UAE to partner with Nigeria in the areas of renewable energy, agriculture, infrastructure logistics, and provision of vaccines to further control the COVID-19 pandemic.

On his own part, Minister Alnahyan said his country “thinks very highly “of President Buhari’s leadership, noting that he was striving to “build a better future for generations to come.”

He said there were lots of Nigerians in his country “who add much value,” assuring that the headwinds of the recent past in the relationship “are now behind us.”

According to him, “We want to secure, deepen and strengthen the association for the future. We have a lot in common. We may be taking small steps, but they are leading somewhere.”

On proposed investments in Nigeria, Alnahyan said it would be a win-win situation, “which would bring hope and opportunities for people in both countries. We want to come and add quality and value.”

Adesina said the Minister equally commended the Nigerian government for its robust tackling of violent extremism

https://punchng.com/nigerians-are-competitive-abroad-due-to-good-education-at-home-says-buhari/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636722189-2

Fraudulent claim!

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by WibusJaga: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2021

Some comments attributed to Buhari make me wonder if the man is actually in touch with the reality on ground in this country. SMH!

Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by 55truth: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
The same way his children are products of Nigerian education system?
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
daddyp76:

Did Buhari's children attend primary and secondary schools overseas and are Buhari's children the only ones who went overseas for higher education? Even if you go overseas for higher education, it is still the foundation you got here that will be built upon so appreciate those who did the hardwork of giving you that great foundation .

I just shared my personal experience and it's out of gratitude to all my Nigerian teachers right from primary school to the university . I remember those days we thought solving maths without calculator, knowing all the trig identity and values offhand when solving add maths problems in High School was punishment until later years I ran into very smart Chinese and Indians and realise the edge our teachers gave us and I could proudly hold my head high.

I didn't go overseas by illegitimate route and didn't fail to monetise the edge my education here , from primary school to UNILAG, gave me. It's your choice if you focus on Buhari instead of your personal strategic advantage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Nbotee(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
The same slowpoke who claim the high unemployment rate is becos most are unqualified
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by inoki247: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
If our education is completely useless, we will not go overseas and immediately or within a period outshine others. The evidence abounds even though some Nigerians ,out of poor self esteem and negative mindset, are not aware of this and fail to monetize this edge they have in a legitimate way.

You can ONLY give what you have. If you have been taught rubbish here, it would have taken much longer than necessary to catch up and even overtake others. Those 'school is scam' crew don't know what they're missing. May God bless Nigeria.

Yea why all the politicians wey u dey support no send dere kid to Nigeria schl den including Osinbajo....

Abi Nigeria education is only good for the poor the politician kids are allergic to Nigeria education...
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Freestainworld(m): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
NEPA certificate president
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by austinvsb: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Not a fan of buhari but this statement doesn't lack merit.

After finishing from OAU (with better struggle o), abroad masters and currently PhD at a Top50-in-the-world university come soft like Agege bread in comparison to my BSc for OAU.
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by inoki247: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
austinvsb:

yea e no lack merit why he no send him kid to Nigeria university den or allow Nigeria Drs to dey treat him for herr since our education is so good....
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Which good education is this one talking about? You claim education is good back home yet entered the military based on quota system.

Produce your certificate after more than 6 years now that you are in charge, the NEPA-bill certificate dullard hired SANs to defend his failures and incompetence
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by G450: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
I don't believe buhari is one that said that but if eventually he is the one then go tell him that he is an idiotu!!
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Lol

Buhari is just one confused buffoon who speaks from both sides of the mouth.

Same Nigerians youths he claimed are unemployable few days ago now suddenly competitive because they get good education at home ...
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
inoki247:

Yea why all the politicians wey u dey support no send dere kid to Nigeria schl den including Osinbajo....

Abi Nigeria education is only good for the poor the politician kids are allergic to Nigeria education...
Then you are missing the point. I won't bother to explain further since you are fixated on the politicians. I didn't go overseas for my primary, secondary and university education yet my primary, secondary , university education and UNILAG certificate in Nigeria took me overseas. The last time I checked, UNILAG is a public university every citizen can merit a place in. In life it's what you focus on that expands.

I remain grateful to all my Nigerian teachers, Lagos state and Federal government for the free primary education and subsidizing my university education. I remain grateful to my parents too! That education they all contributed to give me is my greatest asset today. God bless them all and may God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by inoki247: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Then you are missing the point. I won't bother to explain further since you are fixated on the politicians. I didn't go overseas for my primary, secondary and university education yet my UNILAG certificate took me overseas.

Stop deviating if Nigeria education is so good why're they not patronizing instead of sending there kid to abroad to schl or go overseas for Medicals...

Nigeria education is only good for the poor cause we can endure any shiit...

why education look so good on d poor is because of the type of endurance nd determination we the poor av...

which tools our higher institutions get wey dem wan use train us to av a good education abg tell me...

u get to physics nd chemistry lab everything dere don rust...
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Olakunleyakub(m): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
This is not enough reason to ultimately condemn Nigeria education.

Hat we Nigerians have most is low self esteem we always believe that those white me are superior to us in all aspects which is not true.
daddyp76:

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Olakunleyakub(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
If you think very well you will understand that even for the fact all his children schooled abroad and one of them even finished with first class does not necessary means she is or they are better or brilliant than regular 2.1 graduate in U.I, OAU, UNilag, Abu Zaria, uniben and the likes.

Our Major problem in the hands of white people is low self esteem.

Our natural gift and hostiles environment makes really prepared us to survive and tribe in any developed countries.
55truth:
The same way his children are products of Nigerian education system?
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by ivolt: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
inoki247:

How many of those politicians children are super achievers abroad?
It is either they fade into the background or return home to use their parents influence.

Any Nigerian who was trained here and started posting rubbish after having a breakthrough is being
myopic and dishonest.
If such people are right, a bad tree should give rise to bad fruit.
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by fourboys: 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Southerners are competitive abroad u mean? Fool
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Olakunleyakub(m): 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thank you bro

Am not a politician too but I think he was right to some extent.

We claimed Nigeria education is totally bad den our products keeps on dusting their counterparts in foreign countries in their down

I just blv the only two things needed to make our educational sector stronger than this is
1. better funding
2. Teaching of technical skills.

austinvsb:

After finishing from OAU (with better struggle o), abroad masters and currently PhD at a Top50-in-the-world university come soft like Agege bread in comparison to my BSc for OAU.
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by inoki247: 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
ivolt:

How many of those politicians children are super achievers abroad?
It is either they fade into the background or return home to use their parents influence.

Any Nigerian who was trained here and started posting rubbish after having a breakthrough is being
myopic and dishonest.
If such people are right, a bad tree should give rise to bad fruit.

You still don't get it...

Why we are excelling is not because of our education is because of the ups nd down we went through nd determination we put in getting what we want...

Wetin doz lecturers they teach shey with there outdated curriculum we the students are the one developing ourselves u get to the lab sef everything don rust...

Imagine most schools in Nigeria have to consult an outsider to build dere portal what happens to the schl Computer scientists student or there Lecturer building one for the schl....
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by ivolt: 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
inoki247:

You still don't get it...

Why we are excelling is not because of our education is because of the ups nd down we went through nd determination we put in getting what we want...
Nope.
In the modern world, uneducated or poorly educated folks remain at the bottom.
It is not even a matter of debate.

Wetin doz lecturers they teach shey with there outdated curriculum we the students are the one developing ourselves u get to the lab sef everything don rust...
Have you ever employed a graduate or took part in recruiting one?
Curriculum has little to do with employees performance.

Imagine most schools in Nigeria have to consult an outsider to build dere portal what happens to the schl Computer scientists student or there Lecturer building one for the schl....
It is the same in every country.
Students or lecturers don't build their school's website and neither does any tertiary institution
teaches students with sufficient knowledge to match industry practitioners.
It will even be silly to outsource such project to people with little to no experience in building
school portals.

And the school's IT department senior executives are usually staffed with graduates from other schools
with the right experience!
It is nothing weird.
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by rickydechamp: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
Was it not the FG that said that our educational system is useless & that's why our graduates don't have jobs? I no understand them at all
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by slivertongue: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
Buhari likes deceiving himself
Re: Nigerians Are Competitive Abroad Due To Good Education At Home, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 13, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Then you are missing the point. I won't bother to explain further since you are fixated on the politicians. I didn't go overseas for my primary, secondary and university education yet my primary, secondary , university education and UNILAG certificate in Nigeria took me overseas. The last time I checked, UNILAG is a public university every citizen can merit a place in. In life it's what you focus on that expands.

I remain grateful to all my Nigerian teachers, Lagos state and Federal government for the free primary education and subsidizing my university education. I remain grateful to my parents too! That education they all contributed to give me is my greatest asset today. God bless them all and may God bless Nigeria.

Don't be grateful to the government

They owe you more

But I agree towards schools in Nigeria not being useless..

All schools in the world have issues

None is perfect....

So, it's necessary to consider the existence of teachers that impart useful knowledge no matter the size of such knowledge......

It's necessary to acquire useful knowledge from as many sources as possible....

inoki247 and co....

Listen towards learning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evans sentenced to death / Exist Of Tyrant: Unijos Teaching Hospital Staff Celebrate The Exist Of Their CMD / ‘godfather’ Of Lagos Aims To Become Nigeria’s Next President. Financial Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.