Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! (528 Views)

Can You Play A Piano (keyboard)? / Casio LK-220 Piano (keyboard) For Sale / Piano & Keyboard Lessons At J-world Academy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello everyone, in this thread, i'll be given out free lesson on how to learn and become a piano expert on your own, with pictures and i will also be making vides so that you will understand it very well..

so, Incase you love to play piano, and you don't have anyone to teach you, then this thread is for you..

the lesson will officially start tomorrow, so always come back, so you don't miss it..
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
But firstly, you need a keyboard in other to learn it, i.e; you can't just learn it without having a keyboard with u..

so u have to first get a keyboare, either from your church.. And i bet you, in just one week time, you will start to play piano if u follow this thread..
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by OKOATA(m): 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
But firstly, you need a keyboard in other to learn it, i.e; you can't just learn it without having a keyboard with u..

so u have to first get a keyboare, either from your church.. And i bet you, in just one week time, you will start to play piano if u follow this thread..
I have a piano and really wanna learn, mines about 32keys. Will follow your thread when you begin.
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
What you will need by tomorrow..

1. A keyboad: this u will use to practice what i will be teaching u.

2. Pen and note: to take down/write out important points so you can remember them easily when you look at them.
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
So buy tomorrow, i will be explaining all the keys a piano contain, and why their sound differs from each other..

see u tomorrow!
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Booked...
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:29am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning..
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2021
Lesson 1: knowing the piano keys.

now, a standard piano have a total number of 88 keys.. And it is made up of 7 octave..

what is an octave?

An octave is a selection of 7 white keys, ranging from C-B, and 12 in total if added the blark keys together..

And there is a total of 7 octave in a piano.. Look at the pics below!

Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2021
From the pics above, u can see that a piano is made up of a numbering key of A-G:
(A,B,C,D,E,F,G) But the inventors chose to number it fro C-B instead, (C,D,E,F,G,A,B).

so you can see that there is no H in music, and there is no Z..

So, what ever thing you play in a piano falls withing these keys. Isn't that amazing?
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2021
In piano, there is what we call solfege, this is where i want you to pay more attention..

Piano solfege:
DO, RE, MI, FA, SO, LA, TI, DO
& You can do the reverse;
DO, TI, LA, SO, FA, MI, RE, DO..

to be able to apply this on a piano, first you have to know what is a tune, and a semi-tune!

so, we are going to be explaing what a tune and a semi tune is, and that will take us to keys that make up a chord in a single solfege..
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by cmoney22222: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Are you in Lagos sir
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 6:19am On Nov 14, 2021
The lesson contineus..
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 6:24am On Nov 14, 2021
Now, some persons focus in playing on only one key; it may may be key F or C, or any other key.. And uses the transpose botten when a singer is on another key..

but do u know that knowing what a tune and a semi tune is can help u to master other keys very easily?
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:21am On Nov 14, 2021
Now, let me explain it using the key C-B. Make sure you check the first image.

Using key 'C Major' for example

C ,D ,E ,F ,G ,A ,B

C& D a tune, D&E a tune, E&F a semi tune, F&G a tune, G&A a tune, A&B a tune, then B&C a semi tune.

(There is a key separating a tune, check the above image)

Now, let me explain it usin the solfege; DO, RE, MI, FA, SO, LA, TI, DO.

When runing a solfege, Note that the only place you have a semi tune is 'MI and FA', then TI and DO.

That is, there is no key separating MI and FA (they both are together) also with TI and DO..

So, pick your piano and try runing the solfeges in any key and see that you will get it 100% using the example above..

From this explanation, you can easily say that a tune is two keys, seperated by a key( it can be two white key seperated by a blark key, or two blark key seperated by a white key) while a semi tune is two keys that a closer to each other (i.e join to each other).. There is no key seperating them..

see the image below!

Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2021
Lesson 2.. Piano chord; combining different solfege Keys to make up a single solfege key..
Re: Learn To Play Piano/keyboard For Free; Beginners/basic Lesson! by Mylordmygod1: 7:37am On Nov 14, 2021
I will be adding some video lesson, but tet us first understand the basic lesson..

(1) (Reply)

Psquare’s Reunion A Hit Or Miss? Challenges Ahead / Davido Performs His Classics “Aye” Wearing The Same Cloth In The Video / Dj Mozanga Ft Jah Wonder - Fall Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.