Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

A Sinner Is Not A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Sinner Is Not A Christian (2371 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 9:57am On Jun 07, 2011
A SINNER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN, A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SINNER (I JOHN 3:cool. 'HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL, '
A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SEDUCER, A SEDUCER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN. IF YOU SEDUCE MEN OR WOMEN TO HELL, AND YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN, WHICH HEAVEN? ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS SIN (I JOHN 3:17). ,
IN MATHEW 5:28, JESUS SAID THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKETH ON A WOMAN TO LUSTAFTER HER HATH COMMITTETH ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART. AS WE KNOW THAT THIS IS TRUE, WHY DO WE DRESS THE WAY WE DRESS TODAY TO SEDUCE PEOPLE EVEN IN THE CHURCH AND WE CLAIM TO BE BORN AGAIN? WE MOUNT THE PULPIT TO SING WITH MINI SKIRTS AS WELL AS EXPOSE BREASTS, WEAR TIGHT SKIRTS TO SHOW ALL OUR BODY CONTOUR, AND THE PASTOR SEE NOTHING WRONG IN THAT AND CANNOT PREACH. IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER CHRISTIAN TO LUST AFTER YOU AND FALL FROM THE FAITH BECAUSE OF YOUR DRESSING AND YOU CLAIM YOU ARE INNOCENT, THAT IS A LIE. YOU WILL BE JUDGED. THEREFORE REPENT TODAY OF EVERY SEDUCTION ON THE STREETS IN THE NAME OF FASHION AND 'IT DOESNT MATTER' ATTITUDE. DO NOT MAKE YOUR BROTHER/SISTER TO FALL INTO TEMPTATION. 'WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN CAN SEE THA LORD (HEBREW 12:14). WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?
ARE YOU INTO LIEING,MASTURBATION,FORNICATION,STEALING,ROBBERY,SCAMMING,FALSIFICATION,SMOKING/DRUNKENNESS,HOMOSEXUALITY,LESBIANISM,ABORTION,PROSTITUTION,CHEATING,SEDUCTION,MAKING CHARMS,IDOLATERY,ANY KIND OF IMMORALITY,ADULTERY? REPENT NOW AND AMEND YOUR WAYS. HE THAT COVERS HIS SIN SHALL NOT PROSPER. ESCAPE THE DANGER OF HELL FIRE. JESUS LOVES YOU.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Sweetnecta: 11:17am On Jun 07, 2011
@gsuccess; « on: Today at 09:57:25 AM »
[Quote]A SINNER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN, A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SINNER (I JOHN 3:Cool. 'HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL, '
A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SEDUCER, A SEDUCER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN. IF YOU SEDUCE MEN OR WOMEN TO HELL, AND YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN, WHICH HEAVEN? ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS SIN (I JOHN 3:17). ,
IN MATHEW 5:28, JESUS SAID THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKETH ON A WOMAN TO LUSTAFTER HER HATH COMMITTETH ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART. AS WE KNOW THAT THIS IS TRUE, WHY DO WE DRESS THE WAY WE DRESS TODAY TO SEDUCE PEOPLE EVEN IN THE CHURCH AND WE CLAIM TO BE BORN AGAIN? WE MOUNT THE PULPIT TO SING WITH MINI SKIRTS AS WELL AS EXPOSE bosoms, WEAR TIGHT SKIRTS TO SHOW ALL OUR BODY CONTOUR, AND THE PASTOR SEE NOTHING WRONG IN THAT AND CANNOT PREACH. IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER CHRISTIAN TO LUST AFTER YOU AND FALL FROM THE FAITH BECAUSE OF YOUR DRESSING AND YOU CLAIM YOU ARE INNOCENT, THAT IS A LIE. YOU WILL BE JUDGED. THEREFORE REPENT TODAY OF EVERY SEDUCTION ON THE STREETS IN THE NAME OF FASHION AND 'IT DOESNT MATTER' ATTITUDE. DO NOT MAKE YOUR BROTHER/SISTER TO FALL INTO TEMPTATION. 'WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN CAN SEE THA LORD (HEBREW 12:14). WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?
ARE YOU INTO LIEING,self-service,FORNICATION,STEALING,ROBBERY,SCAMMING,FALSIFICATION,SMOKING/DRUNKENNESS,HOMOSEXUALITY,LESBIANISM,ABORTION,PROSTITUTION,CHEATING,SEDUCTION,MAKING CHARMS,IDOLATERY,ANY KIND OF IMMORALITY,ADULTERY? REPENT NOW AND AMEND YOUR WAYS. HE THAT COVERS HIS SIN SHALL NOT PROSPER. ESCAPE THE DANGER OF HELL FIRE. JESUS LOVES YOU.[/Quote]considering that the list of 'sin' must be longer than what you listed; you didn't list worshiping more than 1 God; Jehovah, or not acting according to the injunctions of the Bible. in light of even the few you listed, who is a christian, among those who say they are christians? just name one and put him or her outside the list. how about the maker of drink[s] that lead to drunkenness? is jesus a christian; yes or no, first before you explain your position?
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
Jesus turned water into wine, yes. The question is this, which type of wine? strong intoxicating wine or non alcoholic wine (vine-as he drank with His apostles)? Offcourse, that was non alcoholic wine!! I corinthians 5:11 explains that God hates drunkenness. Again read Luke 21:34 (Christ cannot go against His word), Romans 13:13. See again Prov. 20:1. Can you be spiritual under the influence of strong drink. The answer is NO. You will rather be carnal, and a carnal mind is enmity with God----and as many as are carnally mind will die spiritually. Repent today, and Christ will break the yoke of alcoholism in your life.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Sweetnecta: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
@gsuccess; « #2 on: Today at 12:25:41 PM »
[Quote]Jesus turned water into wine, yes. The question is this, which type of wine? strong intoxicating wine or non alcoholic wine (vine-as he drank with His apostles)? Offcourse, that was non alcoholic wine!![/Quote]is any of this a valid excuse for wine making? some people get tipsy just at the sight of anything that contains or smell like alcohol; strong or light it will not matter. some may down brandy shots and can function as if nothing happened. which one is a favorite of jesus of the bible among the two persons?

[Quote]I corinthians 5:11 explains that God hates drunkenness. Again read Luke 21:34 (Christ cannot go against His word), Romans 13:13. See again Prov. 20:1. Can you be spiritual under the influence of strong drink. The answer is NO. You will rather be carnal, and a carnal mind is enmity with God----and as many as are carnally mind will die spiritually. Repent today, and Christ will break the yoke of alcoholism in your life.[/Quote]the first bold is contrary to the below; sites.google.com/site/leavingxtianity/babble - Similar

"But anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." (Jesus) Mat 5:22

"You fools!" (Jesus) Luke 11:40
"You blind fools!" (Jesus) Mat 23:17
"How foolish you are" (Jesus) Luke 24:25
"But God said to him, 'You fool!' " (Jesus) Luke 12:20

"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid." (John 5:31)
"Jesus answered: Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid." (John 8:14)

"And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18)
"the whole world is under control of the evil one." (1 John 5:19)

And Jesus said, "For judgement I am come into this world." (John 9:39)
"I came not to judge the world" (John 12:47)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

"Jacob said, 'I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.'" (Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)

Luke 12; 5; King James Bible
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

the second bold is not a good opinion, because alcohol tolerance of people differs; i am not a drinker and the mere sight or smell of even champagne is enough to me woozy. some people can down more than a couple of jack daniels and can function just as well. but the catholic mass involves wine; this wine is the blood of Jesus, they say. the bible which they fashion this act upon says jesus himself some wine he shared with his disciples long before paul of the book of corinthian comes to the scene is his own blood. this wine he did not manufacture like the wine at the wedding, earlier.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
gsuccess:

Jesus turned water into wine, yes. The question is this, which type of wine? strong intoxicating wine or non alcoholic wine (vine-as he drank with His apostles)? Offcourse, that was non alcoholic wine!! I corinthians 5:11 explains that God hates drunkenness. Again read Luke 21:34 (Christ cannot go against His word), Romans 13:13. See again Prov. 20:1. Can you be spiritual under the influence of strong drink. The answer is NO. You will rather be carnal, and a carnal mind is enmity with God----and as many as are carnally mind will die spiritually. Repent today, and Christ will break the yoke of alcoholism in your life.

I pity you. Jesus turned the wine to non alcoholic and people still remain for the wedding, come tell am congrats, please, do you remember this verse

Matt. 11:19
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

Dey there na,
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
[color=#000099]A SINNER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN, A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SINNER (I JOHN 3:cool. 'HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL, '
IN MATHEW 5:28, JESUS SAID THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKETH ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HATH COMMITTETH ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART. AS WE KNOW THAT THIS IS TRUE, WHY DO WE DRESS THE WAY WE DRESS TODAY TO SEDUCE PEOPLE EVEN IN THE CHURCH AND WE CLAIM TO BE BORN AGAIN? WE MOUNT THE PULPIT TO SING WITH MINI SKIRTS AS WELL AS EXPOSE BREASTS, WEAR TIGHT SKIRTS TO SHOW ALL OUR BODY CONTOUR, AND THE PASTOR SEE NOTHING WRONG IN THAT AND CANNOT PREACH. IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER CHRISTIAN TO LUST AFTER YOU AND FALL FROM THE FAITH BECAUSE OF YOUR DRESSING AND YOU CLAIM YOU ARE INNOCENT, THAT IS A LIE. YOU WILL BE JUDGED. THEREFORE REPENT TODAY OF EVERY SEDUCTION ON THE STREETS IN THE NAME OF FASHION AND 'IT DOESNT MATTER' ATTITUDE. DO NOT MAKE YOUR BROTHER/SISTER TO FALL INTO TEMPTATION. 'WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN CAN SEE THE LORD (HEBREWS 12:14). WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?
ARE YOU INTO LIEING,QUARELLING,FIGHTING,FORNICATION,STEALING,ROBBERY,SCAMMING,FALSIFICATION,SMOKING/DRUNKENNESS,HOMOSEXUALITY,LESBIANISM,ABORTION,PROSTITUTION,CHEATING,SEDUCTION,MAKING CHARMS,IDOLATERY,ANY KIND OF IMMORALITY,ADULTERY? REPENT NOW AND AMEND YOUR WAYS. HE THAT COVERS HIS SIN SHALL NOT PROSPER (PROVERBS 28:13). ESCAPE THE DANGER OF HELL FIRE. JESUS LOVES YOU.
[/color]

Do not get distracted from the point of my initial post. I', not surprised at your points, but the summary of my response is found in 1 Corinthians 2:14 ('But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned') and in 2 Corinthians 4:3,4 ('But if our gospel be hid,it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them'). I equally argued like you are doing till I repented and gave my life to Christ, then I began to understand the scriptures by the Spirit of God. The Pharisees & Sadducees also argued the Words of Christ because they want to be justified in their sin.

The Solution is repentance and salvation.

A SINNER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN (1 JOHN 3:cool

BY THE WAY, THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MINISTRIES WILL BE HAVING AN INTERNATIONAL CRUSADE IN ABUJA, at Eagle square next month, July 23-24. Every sinful harbit and yokes of bondage will break by the annointing. PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA WILL BE MINISTERING.

I PRAY YOU MAKE HEAVEN AT LAST
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Sweetnecta: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^

now that they say Jesus was a 'drunkard', you turned to repentance and salvation.

repentance to Who and salvation by Whom?

definitely not the drunkard.

and if you choose the drunkard, you have already lost because you are neck deep in the confusion, and you are still sinking further.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Joagbaje(m): 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
Gsucccess
You should focuss on preaching the gospel rather than preaching condemnation and salvation by works . Salvation is by faith in christ and not in dresses and drink . I admire your zeal but get the perspective right.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
Joagbaje,
In Mathew 3:8 the Bible said a christian should bring forth fruits meet for repentance. And again, it is written, by their fruits ye shall know them. A born again christian must bring forth fruits of righteousness, not fruits of pollution or defilement or seduction or Lusting. As well, if you say you are saved, be willing and ready to do restitution like Zachaeus. Return stolen things, in order to have a conscience void of offence toward God and toward men (Acts 24:16). Ask yourself, what is the motive of your dressing, to cover your unclothedness or to show your unclothedness, to show off (beware of pride), to seduce or to edify.

A SEDUCER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN; A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SEDUCER. PERIOD!!

HE THAT COMMITETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL (1 John 3:9,8a

GENUINE REPENTANCE AND SALVATION FROM ALL SIN WILL DEFINITELY BRING ABOUT LIFE TRANSFORMATION THAT WILL PRODUCE FRUITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. SO, YOUR DRESSING AFTER YOU SAY YOU ARE BORN AGAIN MATTERS BEFORE GOD.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2011
all unrighteousness is sin (i john 5:17)
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Joagbaje(m): 1:07am On Jun 08, 2011
gsuccess:

Joagbaje,
In Mathew 3:8 the Bible said a christian should bring forth fruits meet for repentance. And again, it is written, by their fruits ye shall know them. A born again christian must bring forth fruits of righteousness, not fruits of pollution or defilement or seduction or Lusting.

I agree with you

As well, if you say you are saved, be willing and ready to do restitution like Zachaeus. Return stolen things, in order to have a conscience void of offence toward God and toward men (Acts 24:16). Ask yourself, what is the motive of your dressing, to cover your unclothedness or to show your unclothedness, to show off (beware of pride), to seduce or to edify.

I agree a christian should dress decently and moderately .But the fact that someone dress inappropriately doesn't mean he is not a christian. Salvation is by faith not works.

A SEDUCER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN; A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SEDUCER. PERIOD!!

A seducer is not someone who dress funny, a seducer according to the bible is someone who lure others into false doctrine.

2 Timothy 3:13. (king james)
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2 Timothy 3:13 ( living bible )
13 In fact, evil men and false teachers will become worse and worse, deceiving many, they themselves having been deceived by Satan.

Seducing spirits are doctrinal spirits. I know some deliverance ministry used the term wrongly on ladies  who fit their idea of immorality. Actually what they ought to be dealing with is the Spirit of Lust and not seducing spirit.

HE THAT COMMITETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL (1 John 3:9,8a
GENUINE REPENTANCE AND SALVATION FROM ALL SIN WILL DEFINITELY BRING ABOUT LIFE TRANSFORMATION THAT WILL PRODUCE FRUITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. SO, YOUR DRESSING AFTER YOU SAY YOU ARE BORN AGAIN MATTERS BEFORE GOD.

As much as it is good to dress appropriately ,Inappropriate  dressing is not a sin to God. Even if you appear unclothed on the road, it is not a sin.  The bible didn't say so.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 3:53am On Jun 08, 2011
gsuccess:

A SINNER IS NOT A CHRISTIAN, A CHRISTIAN IS NOT A SINNER (I JOHN 3:cool. 'HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL, '
IN MATHEW 5:28, JESUS SAID THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKETH ON A WOMAN TO LUSTAFTER HER HATH COMMITTETH ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART. AS WE KNOW THAT THIS IS TRUE, WHY DO WE DRESS THE WAY WE DRESS TODAY TO SEDUCE PEOPLE EVEN IN THE CHURCH AND WE CLAIM TO BE BORN AGAIN? WE MOUNT THE PULPIT TO SING WITH MINI SKIRTS AS WELL AS EXPOSE bosoms, WEAR TIGHT SKIRTS TO SHOW ALL OUR BODY CONTOUR, AND THE PASTOR SEE NOTHING WRONG IN THAT AND CANNOT PREACH. IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER CHRISTIAN TO LUST AFTER YOU AND FALL FROM THE FAITH BECAUSE OF YOUR DRESSING AND YOU CLAIM YOU ARE INNOCENT, THAT IS A LIE. YOU WILL BE JUDGED. THEREFORE REPENT TODAY OF EVERY SEDUCTION ON THE STREETS IN THE NAME OF FASHION AND 'IT DOESNT MATTER' ATTITUDE. DO NOT MAKE YOUR BROTHER/SISTER TO FALL INTO TEMPTATION. 'WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN CAN SEE THA LORD (HEBREW 12:14). WHERE WILL YOU SPENT ETERNITY?
ARE YOU INTO LIEING,self-service,FORNICATION,STEALING,ROBBERY,SCAMMING,FALSIFICATION,SMOKING/DRUNKENNESS,HOMOSEXUALITY,LESBIANISM,ABORTION,PROSTITUTION,CHEATING,SEDUCTION,MAKING CHARMS,IDOLATERY,ANY KIND OF IMMORALITY,ADULTERY? REPENT NOW AND AMEND YOUR WAYS. HE THAT COVERS HIS SIN SHALL NOT PROSPER. ESCAPE THE DANGER OF HELL FIRE. JESUS LOVES YOU.

Christians are not sinners and sinners are not Christians.
Very interesting.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 4:36am On Jun 08, 2011
As much as it is good to dress appropriately ,Inappropriate dressing is not a sin to God. Even if you appear unclothed on the road, it is not a sin. The bible didn't say so.

Gen 3:7 - And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:10 And he said I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:21 - Unto Adam and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

The above verses illustrates God's disapproval of exposing ones unclothedness. Apron Adam and Eve sewed could not cover them properly, and so the Lord used appropriate covering to cover them properly,showing us an example of how to dress. We are not wiser than God. Dressing to expose your unclothedness shows the wickedness in the heart, to lure or seduce others out of the way of purity/holiness. Which ever way it is done, either via false doctrine or otherwise; seduction is seduction.To seduce means to cause onother to derail or err from the truth, to deceive, to go astray. When you dress to make people lust after your naked body, and desire to commit sin,what are you doing? The word of God is clear on this matter.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by regged4u: 6:11am On Jun 08, 2011
gsuccess:

ARE YOU INTO LIEING,self-service,FORNICATION,STEALING,ROBBERY,SCAMMING,FALSIFICATION,SMOKING/DRUNKENNESS,HOMOSEXUALITY,LESBIANISM,ABORTION,PROSTITUTION,CHEATING,SEDUCTION,MAKING CHARMS,IDOLATERY,ANY KIND OF IMMORALITY,ADULTERY? REPENT NOW AND AMEND YOUR WAYS. HE THAT COVERS HIS SIN SHALL NOT PROSPER. ESCAPE THE DANGER OF HELL FIRE. JESUS LOVES YOU.

Seriously, if this was how I heard the Gospel preached, I wouldn’t have give my life to Christ.

I think this is too aggressive.
Bros Calm Down and teach this Truth with LOVE. …,  ah ah ah, 

Beside, SALVATION is a choice.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Joagbaje(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2011
gsuccess:

Gen 3:7 - And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were unclothed; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

The above verses illustrates God's disapproval of exposing ones unclothedness. Apron Adam and Eve sewed could not cover them properly, and so the Lord used appropriate covering to cover them properly,showing us an example of how to dress.

That's one of the religious Idea as though sin make them naked. but that's note the bible says they were created naked . Their sin only made them ashame of appearing naked. Why didn't God Create them with clothes on? If he was that concerned about fashion.

We are not wiser than God. Dressing to expose your unclothedness shows the wickedness in the heart, to lure or seduce others out of the way of purity/holiness. Which ever way it is done, either via false doctrine or otherwise; seduction is seduction.To seduce means to cause onother to derail or err from the truth, to deceive, to go astray.

Motive is left to individual, you have no right to judge the motive of another because you are not God. You judge according to the outward but it is God that sees the heart. So if someone wears a particular dress, you can't conclude his intention . Dressing is a choice influenced by several reason. If anyone dress with a wrong motive. It's between him and God. There is not dressing that is a sin.

When you dress to make people lust after your unclothed body, and desire to commit sin,what are you doing?

Of course that will be a sin, if that's the intention. But my point is . How will you know a persons intention. Besides a spiritual man can't be lured into immorality by what someone wears. If you are lusting after a lady , it's not the clothe that is the problem , it's because you have a problem of lust . And it's such person that needs to discipline his mind. What happens if you're a doctor or nurse and you have to see real body parts of the opposite sex, tell me. You will lust after them all. Nobody will dress to church to make men lust after her in my opinion. Will they now grab her in church to have sex . Lust is in the heart, not in what another person wears. There is no place the bible says so.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
since all men have sinned in sum way or the other, however small d sin was, it means dat christians r basically non-existant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
In I Corinthians 6:9,10 the Bible says,'Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind(i.e Homosexuals, Lesbians), nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Further in 1Peter 1:15,16-'But as He which has called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation (or conduct), because it is written be ye holy; for I am holy.

The worst that can happen to someone is self deception. That is why the scripture stated above that you should not deceive yourself. The grace of God is freely available to a christian to live a holy life, if he first believes in the word of the Lord and pray. If you feel you cannot be holy, so will it be to you. But if you will believe that Holiness is possible, and study scriptures prayerfully and ask for more grace, and cut off from all appearance of evil, consecrating your life to the Lord. Love teachings and teachers that emphasize holiness of life, depending on the grace of God, you will be made and kept righteous by the Lord.

Do not be deceived by compromising preachers who do not believe in holiness of life because without holiness no one can see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). All you need to do is to pray for the grace.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2011
Some common errors concerning the experience of salvation include the following:

1. That a sinner must suffer a considerable time under conviction, as a kind of punishment, before he can be saved (Luke 18:10-14).

2. That sinners must have different feelings at salvation and or afterwards. The truth is that salvation is not based on feelings but on the fact of the Scripture that “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” Rom 10:13.

3. That sinner is doing God a great favour by repenting. The truth is that sinner’s guilt is much more deep and damning than he thinks, and his danger is much greater than he thinks. “The soul that sinneth, it shall die” Ezekiel 18:4.

4. That conversion is a progressive work and that a sinner can get better gradually. The truth is that regeneration or conversion is an instantaneous work of grace (Acts 9:1-7).

5. That salvation can be earned or merited through man’s good works, morality, religious observances and self-righteousness (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:20; Hebrews 10:1-4).

6. That the experience of salvation cannot be lost. The truth is, God is unsparing in His justice and whosoever sins against Him cannot escape His wrath except he repents and turns back to God (Romans 11:17-22).

and more
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2011
EVIDENCES OF TRUE SALVATION

2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 4:23-32; Galatians 5:22-23; Acts 22:1-15; 26:4-19.

True repentance affects the heart and the whole man. It always brings a great and fundamental change in the repentant soul. A cursory look at his past and present life reveals that a great transformation has taken place. Now as a Christian, he is free from sin (1 John 3:19). He loves and keeps the commandments of God (1 John 2:3); he walks righteously, honestly, circumspectly and humbly (Colossians 3:7-9). He keeps company with believers (Psalm 119:63) and lives to glorify God in all things; and his affection is set on things above (Colossians 3:2; Phil 1:21). Based on these evidences of newness of life and a new relationship with God, the fruits of righteousness are
clearly visible in the life of the new convert. This great transformation through salvation by grace makes it clear that a Christian is not a sinner and a sinner is not a Christian. Are you a sinner or a Christian?
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2011
ON BIBLE DOCTRINE:

BIBLE DOCTRINE 1: THE HOLY BIBLE

God’s Word teaches: That the Holy Bible, consisting of 39 books of the Old Testament and 27 books of the New Testament, is the inspired Word of God. We take the Bible as the final authority in all matters concerning Christian conduct and work – 2 Timothy 3: 16,17; Proverbs 30: 5,6; Revelation 22:18,19.

The Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and is the only source of knowledge from the Almighty God to all mankind. It is the contact point between finite man and the Infinite God; and its prime purpose is to give mankind a revelation of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17). The Bible is severally referred to as the Holy Scriptures (Romans 1:2; 2 Timothy 3:15), the oracles of God (Romans 3:2; Hebrews 5:12), the Book of the Lord (Isaiah 34:16), the word of God (Mark 7:13), the word of Christ (Colossians 3:16) and the word of life (Philippians 2:16). It is in two major parts; the Old and the New Testaments. It consists of 66 books; 39 of which are in the Old Testament, 27 in the New Testament. The Bible was originally written predominantly in Hebrew and Greek. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, while the New Testament was written in the Greek language. Over 40 authors drawn from disparate generations spanning a period of over 1800 years were used by God to write the Bible. Even though their occupations, education and social classes were divergent, their theme was the same as they were inspired by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:20). The inspiration of the authors can be attested to by some peculiar characteristics of the Bible, which are not found in any other book written by man. Such characteristics include its wonderful unity despite the fact that the authors lived in different ages; its versatility as it meets the needs of all people irrespective of race and language (Matthew 4:4). Its superiority to other books, the influence on individuals and nations; its preservation over the centuries, its fulfilled prophecies (Isaiah 7:4; Ezekiel 36:19; 2 Chronicles 7:19,20) and its perfection (Psalms 19:7; James 1:25).
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
The central theme of the Bible is CHRIST and HIS WORK OF REDEMPTION (John 20:31; Luke 24:25-27; Revelation 1:1). He is The Old Testament concealed, and He is The New Testament revealed. To fully understand the Bible and to rightly interpret its messages; we must first receive Jesus Christ as Saviour and have a clear and definite experience of conversion. Those who do not know Christ and those who have wrong conceptions about The Bible has a Ministry to unbelievers as well as to believers too. To unbelievers, the Bible brings conviction for sin, which leads to repentance and faith in Christ Jesus. To believers the goals of the Bible are various. It is to make believers perfect (Psalm 119:9, 11), to reveal the condition of their hearts (Hebrews 4:12; Jeremiah 17: 9, 10), it is a light to the believers feet (Psalms 119:105; 130), the food of the soul (Deuteronomy 8:3; John 21:17; psalm 19:10; Matthew 4:4), a medicine to the body and soul (Proverbs 4:20-22; Psalms 107:20; Matthew 8:cool and the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17; Matthew 4:1-11). It is a mirror to reflect (James 1:23); a hammer to convict, and a fire to refine (Jeremiah 23:29); seed to multiply (1 Peter 1:23); leaver to cleanse (Ephesians 5:26; John 15:3); rain and snow to refresh (Isaiah 55:10); gold to enrich (Psalm 19:7-10); and power to create life and faith (1 Peter 1:23; Romans 10:17).
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2011
The purpose of the Bible then is to reveal God to man, reveal man’s need of God and show man the way to God. Man by searching cannot find God except God makes Himself known to him (Job 11:7).
The Bible also reveals to man how to live, and through the fulfillment of its prophecies all human needs are met. We receive salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, healing, deliverance, protection, etc. For us to profit maximally from the study of the Bible, all hindrances to spiritual receptivity must be removed: such as hardened heart (Matthew 13:3-6, 18-21), double-mindedness (James 1:8; Mark 4:15-17), pride (Deuteronomy 8:11-14; Psalm 101:5; Proverbs 18:12), carnality (1 Corinthians 3:1-5) and unbelief (Matthew 13:58).
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2011
BIBLE DOCTRINE 2: THE GODHEAD

God’s Word teaches:
That the Godhead consists of three separate, distinct, and recognizable personalities and
qualities, perfectly united in one. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are different
Persons in the Godhead, not merely three names for one Person – Matthew 3:16,17; 2
Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19,20.

The Godhead consists of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. The Bible clearly teaches that each
member of the Godhead is God; separate, distinct and recognizable personalities and qualities perfectly united in one. The Father is called God (1 Corinthians 8:6; Psalm 89:26; 1 Chronicles 29:10; Matthew 6:9), the Son, Jesus Christ, is called God (Isaiah 9:6,7; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:cool, and the Holy Ghost is called God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16,17; 6:19,20; Hebrews 3:7-9; 10:15,16; Jeremiah 31:31-34). From the foregoing it is clear that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are three distinct Persons, co-eternal, co-existent and co-equal in power and divine attributes that make each God. The word “GOD” in Genesis 1:1 means Elohim and in Hebrew language this is the plural of El (The Strong One). “Elohim” (The Strong Ones) appear more than 2,700 times in the Old Testament and this plurality is seen in: “Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness”; “The LORD said…. let us go down, and there confound their language” (Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:6,7; John 14:23; Psalm 2:3). The Godhead is also referred to as the Holy Trinity (Romans 1:20).
The unity of the Godhead is scripturally evidenced in the execution of all divine plans and purposes. At creation, a significant fact about the Godhead emerged with the use of the plural noun “us”, by God Himself (Genesis 1:26). Elementarily, this implies the involvement of more than one personality in the creation of man. The same word continued to recur first, after the fall of man (Genesis 3:22), and on the threshold of God’s perfection to curb the foolish excesses of man, by wisely confounding him with diverse languages (Genesis 11:7).
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2011
BIBLE DOCTRINE 2: THE GODHEAD CONTINUES

The testimony of scriptures on the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ reveals the perfect unity of the Godhead. It was God’s anointing and the Power of the Holy Ghost that enabled Jesus to fulfill His ministry (Acts 10:38). The divine-human relationship also confirms God in three persons perfecting the relationship of man with the triune God (Ephesians 2:18). The complimentary functions of the Trinity are referred to in almost all the books of the New Testament (Matthew 3:16,17; 28:19; Mark1:10; John 16:7-15; 6:37,44; Romans 8:16; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Ephesians 5:25; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Corinthians 12:4,7; Acts 10:38).

The three personalities in the Godhead acted together in the incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ. God the Father did not only make His Son available to assume the garb of human flesh preparatory for His vicarious mission (John 3:16), He dispatched an angel to announce the impending birth of the Saviour of the whole world by a virgin. This was a supernatural work that was subsequently fully perfected by
the power of the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:26,35).

Further proof of the truth about the Godhead became clear at the baptism of Jesus Christ, when the Father sent the Holy Ghost in bodily form as a dove upon Christ, and God Almighty Himself made a public proclamation of Jesus as His beloved Son (Matthew 3:16,17). Even at the onset of His ministry, Jesus affirmed the companionship of God the Father and the Holy Ghost with Him. It was only by their combined workings that He was to fulfill His multi-pronged ministry of preaching the gospel, healing the sick, delivering the captives, etc. (Luke 4:18). Truly, the work of redemption, which Christ completed by submitting Himself to die on the cross, was a joint venture with the Father and the Holy Ghost
(Hebrews 9:14), as was the second work of grace, sanctification or holiness, by which man is cleansed from his in-bred depravity, the fallen nature he inherited form Adam (John 17:17; Romans 15:16).
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2011
BIBLE DOCTRINE 3: THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS

[b]God’s Word teaches:
The virgin birth of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God. The crucifixion, death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ – Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Romans 1:4; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4.

“The virgin birth” teaches that Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, was miraculously conceived by the virgin Mary. Prophetically, this was foretold in the Old Testament and became literally fulfilled later in the New Testament (Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14). The virgin birth is thus an essential doctrinal truth, which must be upheld for its fact and significance. Disputing this cardinal doctrine is by implication, denying Christ’s Deity and His distinctive spotlessness, which the natural man lacked that disqualified every other man from satisfying God’s demand at Calvary. He, therefore, became the spotless Lamb of God found in fashion as a man.

God was the first to unveil the virgin birth of Christ when He referred to Him as the “seed of the woman” (Genesis 3:15). This was alluding to the fact that Christ would be conceived by a woman who had never known a man. The prophet Isaiah in his proclamation said, “Behold, a virgin shall
conceive, and bear a son….” (Isaiah 7:14). The word virgin as used in this reference, has obvious meaning and can be nothing else but a woman that has Not known a man. Luke in his Gospel narrative [/b]recorded that the angel Gabriel was sent to a virgin, betrothed to a man and that the virgin’s name was Mary (Luke 1:34). Matthew in his Gospel narrated that Mary was espoused to Joseph and that before they came together, she was found with a child of the Holy Ghost (Matthew 1:18). He further recorded that Joseph knew her not till she had brought forth her first-born son, and he called His name JESUS. Jesus sometimes referred to people as His mother, His brothers and sisters, but never referred to any mortal man as His Father, not even Joseph (Matthew 12:49,50; 22:41-46; John 8:54-58). He always referred to God as His Father and this is another proof of His virgin birth. Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, wrote that in the fullness of time, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman. This was
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2011
BIBLE DOCTRINE 4: TOTAL DEPRAVITY, SINFULNESS AND GUILT OF ALL MEN

God’s Word teaches:
The total depravity, sinfulness and guilt of all men since the fall, rendering them subject to
God’s wrath and condemnation – Psalm 51:5; Job 14:4; Romans 3:23; 5:12-17; Mark 7:21-
23; Ephesians 2:1.

The total depravity, sinfulness and guilt of all men since the fall renders all sinners subject to God’s wrath and condemnation (Genesis 2:15-17; 3:1-6; Romans 5:17,19; Psalm 51:1-5). Man was created in the image of God, and he was righteous and holy. Man was a crown of God’s creation (Genesis 1:26,27; Psalm 8:5-8; Genesis1:31). Through voluntary disobedience and transgression, man fell into the depths of sin. In consequence of this, every one born through our first parents (Adam and Eve) became sinners, shapen in iniquity and utterly void of the holiness of God. Every man became totally inclined to evil (Psalm 51:1-5; Romans 3:10-18,23; 7:14-21; John 3:18,36; Romans 5:12-17; Job 14:4; Isaiah 48:cool. As a result of the fall of man (Adam and Eve) all men born through man and woman became sinners through inheritance. By inheriting the nature of sin, man became depraved. There is nothing in the natural man that has not been affected by the power of sin.

The entire nature of man, mentally, physically, morally and spiritually has been affected by sin. The
testimony of the scriptures is that the image of God in man has been seriously marred by this great fall.
As a result of the fall, and the nature of sin inherited, man became separated from God, totally
alienated from the perfect, holy and pure God. This separation is the cause of the beginning of sorrow,
shame, fear, heartaches, and manifold problems, spiritually and mentally. Man became a transgressor
and debtor to God (Romans 1:32; 6:23; Ezekiel 18:4; Hebrews 9:27). All these have brought man under
the wrath and condemnation of God, for “the soul that sinneth, it shall die.” There is nothing we can do
for ourselves to commend us to a righteous and holy God. There is nothing the natural man (Fallen
away from grace) can offer to appease God for man to escape His righteous judgment.
The Bible describes the fallen nature of man in various terms. Jesus Christ referred to sinners outside
the kingdom of God as swine and dogs. “Give not that which is holy unto dogs, neither cast your pearls
before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you (Matthew 7:6; Mark
7:25-28). He also referred to them as goats (Matthew 25:33). Paul in his epistle to the Philippian church
warned them to beware of evil workers and dogs (Philippians 3:2). Also, in his epistle to the Romans,
he referred to the fallen nature of man as “there is none righteous, no, not one”, “they are together
become unprofitable”, “their throat is an open sepulcher”, “whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”, “for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:10-18,23). Jesus and John the Baptist described men as “vipers” (Matthew 3:7; 12:34). Variously, the unregenerated man is characterized by reprobate mind, being filled with all unrighteousness – immorality, covetousness, full of envy, murder, man is defiled and polluted (Romans 1:28-37; Mark 7:21-23), treacherous, transgressors,
“workers of iniquity”, “their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasters and destroyers” (Isaiah 48:8;
59:5-cool, cunning and crafty, full of wickedness, blind, foolish with darkened understanding, children of
wrath (Ephesians 2:3; 4:14). The Bible says that the whole head of man is sick. The heart devices
wicked imaginations, and has come far short of the glory of God. All men have become enslaved to sin,
and because sin dwells in the natural man, man is conceived in sin, born in sin, grows up in sin – by
nature and habit, he is a sinner. The natural man cannot resist sin.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by gsuccess: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2011
The atonement is the reconciliation of sinful, fallen man to God made possible through the perfect
sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The vicarious death of Jesus Christ is the substitution of the sufferings of Christ
for the punishment of all sinners in the world. The prime purpose of this is the full redemption of fallen
mankind. Through this “mercy-seat”, sinners are reconciled to God. The power of sin over the natural
man can only be broken by the Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Romans 5:17-19). “For as by one man’s
disobedience, many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one man shall many be made
righteous.”
God demands repentance from all sinners to avail themselves of the provision of redemption made in
Jesus Christ (Isaiah 53:5-7; Matthew 20:28; 26:28; John 3:14,15; 1 Corinthians 5:7; John 1:12;
3:18,36). Repentance is the change that takes place in the penitent’s attitude towards sin. It is turning
away from sin to God. Sincere and total repentance and godly sorrow for sin through the agency of the
Holy Spirit are important pre-requisites for salvation. Repentance is the deep inward experience, which
makes the sinner turn from sin to God. Therefore, God demands repentance from all men (Mark 1:15;
Matthew 4:17; Luke 13:3,5; 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 17:30). When a sinner hears the gospel
empowered by the Holy Spirit, the sinner will have deep, godly sorrow for his sins and acknowledge
them by confessing all manner of sins. He goes before God n the merit of the atonement of made by
Jesus Christ through His vicarious death and accepts the sacrifice as a substitute for the punishment of
his own personal sins. On the basis of this process of genuine repentance, the sinner asks for
forgiveness and pardon based on the promises of God in the scriptures (Proverbs 28:13; Isaiah 55:6,7;
1 John 1:9; Ezekiel 18:21,22). As the sinner repents genuinely, he receives forgiveness and pardon
(Romans 8:16; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 John 2:2,3).
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Sweetnecta: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2011
where is a single christian, if the qualification is not sinfulness? i need a name of a christian. can anyone produce a name, while everyone else have sinned and all their deeds are are like filthy rags?
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Obalende: 2:01am On Jun 27, 2011
every man that sins is of d devil.
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by Sweetnecta: 3:21am On Jun 27, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ so you are saying there is not a single christians on earth? on nairaland, we have fakes, then?
Re: A Sinner Is Not A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2011
a christian is a sinner. our world is overflowing with christians.

(1) (Reply)

Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross / 80% Of Nigerian Pastors Get Their Powers From Occult Sources / Why Chris Oyakhilome, Tb Joshua And Ayo Oritsejafor Displayed A Common Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.