Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG (37105 Views)

Emmanuel Okocha: I Cried As Okocha Dribbled Khan, 6 Defenders In Germany / Jay-Jay Okocha Returns To Bolton Wanderers As Coach / Bolton Wanderers Signs Chinedu Obasi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by robosky02(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
I didn’t do my research before joining Bolton Wanderers from PSG –

Nigeria legend, Austin Jay-Jay Okocha, has insisted that he didn’t do his research before joining Bolton Wanderers from Paris Saint-Germain in 2002.

Okocha shocked many football fans when he left French Ligue 1 giants PSG for Bolton in the Premier League nineteen years ago.

Though PSG was not a top club then when Okocha left, it was still a surprise to see the former Super Eagles captain leave for Bolton, who were battling relegation in the Premier League then.

But Okocha has now revealed he did not know Bolton’s status in the Premier League before signing, adding that it took him a lot of time before he settled in the club.

“Well, I will say that it’s obvious I didn’t do my research before signing for Bolton,” Okocha told Ally McCoist and Gabriel Agbonlahor on their Talksport breakfast show.

“But as a football person, you know football comes first, not the city, not the lifestyle that comes with the City.”

“But one thing was clear, the training ground was different. The attitudes towards the games were different.

“And I also think the mentality, you know the football style was difficult.”

Okocha added, “It took me a while to really understand what Sam’s philosophy was.”

But despite his early struggles at Bolton, Okocha went on to earn a legendary status at the club.

The former midfield maestro helped Bolton to avoid relegation in his first season, winning the goal of the season.

He was also made the captain in his second season, and as a captain, he led Bolton to a league cup final in 2004, where they lost to Middlesbrough.

Okocha eventually made 144 appearances for Bolton, scoring 18 goals and providing three assists before leaving for Qatar in 2006.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/12/i-didnt-do-my-research-before-joining-bolton-wanderers-from-

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by TundeWX: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Legend cool

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Samunique(m): 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
The man who never played for money but but pleasure.

187 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
Like Ronaldinho said that he should have gone to Italy,Spain that england football doesn't suit dribbling skills they play different football pattern

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by robosky02(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
Samunique:

Sense is important

That's why you need a good manager

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by ekanx27(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Noted but the impact you made at Bolton Wanderers is more than what one of the � has made in the club you left for Bolton. So relax baba, you are still a Crowned Goat in PSG.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by paulolee(m): 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
I think he needed dt exposure dt EPL came with n he earned more in Bolton than wen he was still in paris..
assuming he refused dt bolton deal, so many people won't even know about his club performances bcoz French league then was like swedish league of now.
d okocha i know would still make dt move again if d hands of time were taken back bcoz football is all about d moni for many players..
maybe now, its club like china, Qatar or mls naim him for spend most of his career bcoz of more balary..

55 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by paulolee(m): 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
Samunique:
abeg no start...for pleasure as how na? naim him no kum naija league wey him get huge fan base..
he was earning 80k uros in paris before left for bolton due to wage reduction, and also refused other championship bid to sign him n instead move to Qatar to earn 1m pounds a year after he left Bolton
and u are saying he never played for moni...no let me vex abegi....
African players no de play for moni?? or is dt sarcasm?

128 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by judatech: 11:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Unforgettable JJ!
Brought joy to the game...mermerised the world...
So good...he was named twice.
G.O.A.T

29 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by paulolee(m): 5:53am On Nov 13, 2021
judatech:
Unforgettable JJ!
Brought joy to the game...mermerised the world...
So good...he was named twice.
G.O.A.T
I enjoyed watching him play...with d way he do dose tricks I do see and always smiling n spitting on d pitch..
he was a pure entertainer the best dt av seen in football after gaucho..
ronaldinho av d edge bcoz he was doing more in a big club n con3, especially watching him perform in UCL games...dt gee blew my mind asif its magic

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Keepamsafe: 6:01am On Nov 13, 2021
The ball is now in my court.

Okocha, allow sleeping dog lie.....

The last time you talk say you wish na this generation you play ball.

Why still crying over spilled milk when you can’t make tea with it??

14 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Promismike(m): 6:01am On Nov 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by inoki247: 6:02am On Nov 13, 2021
So you don du ur research now du u need a time machine to go bak in time undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by anambraamaka: 6:02am On Nov 13, 2021
Jay Jay onye ball

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by gurunlocker: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Na legend dey score 18 goals and 3 assists as a midfielder?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Ppogbae: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2021
PSG wasn't a big club at the time so he didn't lose much

5 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Gkay1(m): 6:04am On Nov 13, 2021
But u make enough money

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Impregnable101: 6:04am On Nov 13, 2021
Samunique:
Seriously dude?! Jay Jay never played for money? Someone that snubbed Ferguson & Manchester united for a small club like Bolton because Bolton were offering him 80k pounds while Manchester united wanted to pay 50k pounds? He gave up numerous medals & personal accolades because of 30k pounds difference. He could've won African footballer of the year if he'd joined Manchester united. The dude made the wrong decision.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Malawian(m): 6:05am On Nov 13, 2021
Englandboy:
Like Ronaldinho said that he should have gone to Italy,Spain that england football doesn't suit dribbling skills they play different football pattern
Okocha that was dribbling everything in the premiership that year.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by juniorstar(m): 6:05am On Nov 13, 2021
I love watching jajay skills on YouTube ronaldinho too..no other footballer interests me.
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Conwarden: 6:05am On Nov 13, 2021
robosky02:
I didn’t do my research before joining Bolton Wanderers from PSG –

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/12/i-didnt-do-my-research-before-joining-bolton-wanderers-from-

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Christane: 6:05am On Nov 13, 2021
Okocha always speak about his career as a footballer maybe he have regret on wat he shud av don and not do ...becus Okocha av all d skill in the world to become one of the greatest footballer of all time ..bt he achieved so little as a football ...he did not even win best player in Africa ..not a champion league title ...becus he never played for d big clubs ...Okocha is trice better than Kanu as a footballer bt Kanu achieved more .. because he was fortunate enough to play for d big clubs ....maybe luck was against Okocha ...bt talent wise Okocha av no equal ...Neymar remind me of Okocha ....talent wise Okocha is the greatest African player ever. I thank God he his rich atleast than is a consolation for not winning d big trophies during his career ...

10 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by ActuaRise696969: 6:07am On Nov 13, 2021
Past glories are fun stories. Histories.
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by jaeyking(m): 6:08am On Nov 13, 2021
undecided

Oga go sleep
You yourself know say u Bleep up for your footballing career.
Go better club u no gree.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Elidrisy20: 6:09am On Nov 13, 2021
Na watin you dey smoke then?
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by RealAdewole(m): 6:10am On Nov 13, 2021
Sir alex ferguson did not do well for not signing JJ that year
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by obembet(f): 6:10am On Nov 13, 2021
U didn't have agent or what
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by zolajpower: 6:11am On Nov 13, 2021
grin
E choke
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Kurumaru: 6:13am On Nov 13, 2021
paulolee:

I enjoyed watching him play...with d way he do dose tricks I do see and always smiling n spitting on d pitch..
he was a pure entertainer the best dt av seen in football after gaucho..
ronaldinho av d edge bcoz he was doing more in a big club n con3, especially watching him perform in UCL games...dt gee blew my mind asif its magic
Lolz... Those guys had magic but unfortunately the way they play is the same way they take life... UNSERIOUS... just FUN.. Lest I forget, their professional Father " the great garrincha" regarded by some as the greatest DRIBBLER ever.

4 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by femi4: 6:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Okocha added, “It took me a while to really understand what Sam’s philosophy was.”

His philosophy was kick n follow

10 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Unibener: 6:15am On Nov 13, 2021
Money blinded ur eyes

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by kennykruzmason: 6:16am On Nov 13, 2021
No need to explain dude
It doesn't matter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Solo-Goal Vs Getafe Voted Best Goal In Barcelona History (Photos) / Transfer - Marseille Break Silence On Signing Ronaldo From Man United / Photos From The Burial Ceremony Of Ugo Ehiogu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.