Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,135 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better (20035 Views)

Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving / Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by robosky02(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2021
‘Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better’ –Oliseh

Odion Ighalo is a good striker, but Victor Osimhen is an exceptional young player, former Super Eagles coach and captain, Sunday Oliseh has posited, Completesports.com reports

While fielding questions from Completesports.com in Abuja on Thursday on the recall of l Ighalo from retirement, Oliseh said only Gernot Rohr knew the motive for bringing the striker back from retirement and how he would use him in the midst of abundant talents at his disposal

“Gernot Rohr is the coach of Super Eagles and only him knows why he recalled Ighalo from retirement. Ighalo is good, but Victor Osimhen is an exceptional young player doing so well in a big league in Europe,” Oliseh remarked.

“You want me to compare Osimhen with the Late Rashidi Yekini? I will say Yekini with whom I played at Super Eagles is a natural and proven goal scorez but Osimhen is exceptional striker who can only get better

“He [Osimhen] is good with the ball on his feet, his movement with and without the ball is great and he is proving to be a good goals scorer too. Aside the physical difference, Osimhen has all the attributes of Baba Yekini plus his own natural talent. So I believe he can be better than Yekini if he doesn’t get carried away,” the former Super Eagles midfield ace stated.
https://www.completesports.com/ighalo-is-good-but-osimhen-is-exceptional-striker-who-can-get-better-oliseh/

10 Likes

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by TundeWX: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2021
angry this comparison issh is crazy
Why not enjoy both of them...rather dey carry "i better-pass-my-neighbor" syndrome for head undecided

13 Likes

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by robosky02(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Odion vs osimhen comparison. Hmmmm

One is the king and the other a prince but which is the king?

Have your say and why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Ubermind: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2021
I agree, I however think Osimhen should always be allowed to start. Ighalo is really valuable in bringing experience and leadership to the team. The young players will learn alot from him in the camp.

Prediction Liberia vs Nigeria - 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmFtMztwpEo
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Amotolongbo(f): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2021
robosky02:
Odion vs osimhen comparison

There is more expectation on Osimhen and delivery for the SE than Ighalo.
If he isn’t carried away anyway
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by robosky02(m): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2021
Odion ighalo

After starting his career at Nigerian clubs Prime and Julius Berger, Ighalo moved to Norwegian club Lyn in 2007. A year later, he was signed by Italian club Udinese, spending most of his tenure on two separate loan spells with Spanish club Granada. In 2014, he signed for Championship club Watford and was integral in the club's promotion to the Premier League in the 2014–15 season. In January 2017, Ighalo joined Chinese Super League club Changchun Yatai for a reported £20 million, before moving onto Shanghai Shenhua. In January 2020, Ighalo returned to the Premier League, joining Manchester United on loan, initially until the end of the 2019–20 season; the loan was then extended until January 2021.

Ighalo made his debut for the Nigeria national team in March 2015 against Uganda. He represented the nation at the 2018 World Cup and was the highest goalscorer in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification campaign. He eventually led Nigeria to a third place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he finished in the competition's Team of the Tournament and was crowned top scorer.

Total game played before today for Nigeria. = 35

Total goals scored. = 16

Individual Awards:

Individual

Premier League Player of the Month: December 2015
Africa Cup of Nations Team of the Tournament: 2019
Africa Cup of Nations Golden Boot: 2019
Saudi Professional League Player of the Month: April & May 2021

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by robosky02(m): 9:40am On Nov 13, 2021
Victor osimhen

Victor James Osimhen (born 29 December 1998) is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Serie A club Napoli and the Nigeria national team

Born in Nigeria, Osimhen began his senior career in Germany at VfL Wolfsburg in 2017. Following a season and a half at the club, he moved to Belgian side Charleroi on loan in 2018–19, before moving to France at Lille. In 2020, Osimhen transferred to Serie A club Napoli for a club-record fee of €70 million.

National team career
Osimhen was named to the squad of the Nigeria under-17 team that won the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile, where Osimhen won the Golden Boot and Silver Ball awards.His performances also earned him the CAF Youth Player of the Year award in 2015.[36] Osimhen made his senior debut for Nigeria in a 3–0 friendly win over Togo on 1 June 2017.

Osimhen missed out on Nigeria's 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign after his inconsistent season at Wolfsburg.] Following a successful start to his loan spell at Charleroi, he was recalled by Gernot Rohr for the November 2018 international break,[38] starting their friendly win over Uganda.

Total game played before today for Nigeria. = 16

Total goals scored. = 8

Individual. Awards

FIFA U-17 World Cup Golden Boot: 2015
FIFA U-17 World Cup Silver Ball: 2015
CAF Youth Player of the Year: 2015
UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: September 2019
Prix Marc-Vivien Foé: 2020
Lille Player of the Season: 2019–2020

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by jojothaiv(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2021
Na so
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by kenzysmith: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2021
I will keep saying this without any apology we will be going into a two legged dreaded play off with one of the group fellow toppers sure as Algeria, morroco, Egypt Senegal or ivory coast
And will need someone who has sure experience as ighalo who is a serial scorer in Africa football.
Oshimen is good no doubt but Africa football at this stage is different from European football genort rohr knows what he is doing he is not a fool that is what I can assure u guys.

Any thing make them draw us against Algeria or Egypt in the Twp legged tie I fear for Nigeria

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by DropsMic(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2021
I concur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by chudez0147(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2021
Victor for me
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2021
let's know who's king right now..like for osimhen..share for ighalo..

16 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by foreveryoung1515(f): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2021
G
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Keepamsafe: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2021
The ball is now in my court.

I will simply advise Ighalo to leave the no 9 Jersey for Osimhen. No 15 is good for Ighalo
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by englishmart(m): 10:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Ighalo doesn't deserve a call-up.
How can you be playing in Saudi of all leagues and still get a national team call up for the super eagles?

Let's stop living in the past

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by foreveryoung1515(f): 10:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Undisputed
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by God1000(m): 10:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Our players don't work on themselves, they are after money

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by kingphilip(m): 10:11am On Nov 13, 2021
As somebody said up there, they're both Nigerians and shouldn't be drawn into comparison.

Both of them have different style of play and it is left for the coach to utilize them in the best way possible to get the desired result

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by KiNg0G: 10:12am On Nov 13, 2021
Betterstyle
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Toluwanise247(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2021
Make them win today....

1 Like

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by superCleanworks(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2021
thats how they praise u when u are shining

when injuries start, they take you off their list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Pomezul: 10:13am On Nov 13, 2021
TundeWX:
angry this comparison issh is crazy
Why not enjoy both of them...rather dey carry "i better-pass-my-neighbor" syndrome for head undecided
Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Cmanforall: 10:13am On Nov 13, 2021
Ighalo agent should work and let Ighalo leave Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by tarantino1: 10:14am On Nov 13, 2021
This nigga, Oghalo dey earn N27 million naira a week in a country with no income tax for that matter.

Man is balling hard

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better by Baawaa(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2021
T

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst / Esther Oyema Breaks World Record In Women's Lightweight At #GC2018 - Pictures / Liverpool To Sell Seven Players In A Bid To Raise Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.