Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. (612 Views)

Jonathan Will Not Run For Presidency In 2027 - Patience, Former First Lady / Abba Kyari Escapes Murder In Prison, Considered For SSS Custody / Why Bola Tinubu Is Trending In Osun State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by abbeyfel: 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
Obviously Bola Hammed Tinubu is not a saint. Far from it. Infact morally I don't think he will score high. He has had his name dragged here and there over many issues, either politically or otherwise (E.g Lekki shooting).

He is really detested by many for even supporting a government like this and helping to bring Buhari to power. Of course Jagaban played a card that worked well in removing PDP from power. Could his intention to run for presidency be responsible for supporting the incubent? Looks like that now!

If this is the case, let's take a look at what Bola Tinubu represents as an administrator and not just a politician. Remember he was the executive governor of Lagos State between 1999-2007. How did he performed as an executive governor in charge of a vast state like Lagos State.

Before Tinubu came to power, Lagos State was been ran by military administrators. Civil service of Lagos was just a very dry and so under paid work force. I remember my primary and secondary school days. Our teachers were so poor that they do all sort of things just to survive and still hold their jobs. There was no pride in being a civil servant in Lagos then. Their hope was gratuities and pensions.

Fast forward this to Bola Tinubu as the governor of Lagos State. I will not say much on this, but you just try ask any civil servant that worked with Tinubu and they will tell you what they know about how the man treated them while in office.

His time as the governor of Lagos State was so faced with strong forces hell bent on making him fail as the governor of Lagos. The head of such moves against him was PDP, actively headed by Olusegun Obasanjo, the then President of Nigeria.

Obasanjo refuse to support the constitutional rights of Bola Tinubu to create local governments. He went as far as withholding federal revenues that is rightly for Lagos just to destabilize Tinubu's government and create a loophole in his administration. If we are sincere enough, we will see how Bola Tinubu still did wonders even without the federal allocations.

Tinubu had a great plan to make Lagos a mega city. The blueprint was airtight and perfect on paper and ready to be easily worked by anyone in that office if faithfully followed. Obasanjo made sure Tinubu couldn't give lagosians the dividends of democracy as planned.

Instead of lamenting and crying fowl, Tinubu got to work. He started creating opportunities for Lagos to make money and survive even without any federal interventions. His commissioners were like governors in their own rights. Lagos stood out and was still the state to beat even with been the most under funded or not even funded at all.

First. We witnessed a very robust civil service. Teachers started getting car loans, and even started building houses. Their reward stopped to be in heaven cause they started to get it here on Earth. Tinubu created the highest jobs than any governor during his time as governor. He created Lekki and Ajah as we know it today by collaborating with banks to build a place where the rich can stay comfortably.

After building homes for the rich, he was able to lure many Nigerians in diaspora to come and buy homes and invest in real estate here at home. Many people came back to Lagos Nigeria because Tinubu created that atmosphere for them. That move is still one of the secrets of Lagos as the most prosperous state in Nigeria.

By standard, Lagos still the remains the pacesetter state. This is said by not undermining the great achievements of other states, but as a fact looking at the financial strength and capacity of Lagos State.

Lagos that Tinubu left to his boys is still the most prosperous state in Nigeria even years after he's left office. Remember their is a blueprint. Trust me Lagos is working! Tinubu understands what been an executive administrator is. He has done it in Lagos Nigeria! His legacies is still what keeps Lagos State in the forefront.

Point is this. Tinubu knows how to bring prosperity. We need prosperity in this land. We need someone who truly knows how to govern well and still play politics. I am not campaigning for Tinubu, but I wouldn't mind to see what the Jagaban of Borgu Kingdom can do at that top!

Where are the other 30 something governors that governed the different states in Nigeria from 1999-2007? Truth is, they are either silent from politics, or licking backsides to remain politically relevant and paid!

Tinubu the strategist has something to offer. Trust me. A blind Tinubu is better than a seeing Buhari.

10 Likes

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Penguin2: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Trash!

Just like Awolowo and Abiola before him, Tinubu will never be president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Asgard73: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
He’s contesting already...

A blind Tinubu that led a seeing Buhari to bring Nigeria to its knees, taking Nigeria atleast 15 years backward ..
... will surely sell the remaining of whatever Nigeria a seeing Buhari left.
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by abbeyfel: 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
Asgard73:
He’s contesting already...

A blind Tinubu that led a seeing Buhari to bring Nigeria to its knees, taking Nigeria atleast 15 years backward ..
... will surely sell the remaining of whatever Nigeria a seeing Buhari left.
Buhari is the greatest undoing of Tinubu. This is a great problem he has to deal with!

1 Like

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by abbeyfel: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
Penguin2:
Trash!

I smell Tribalism here

4 Likes

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Asgard73: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2021
Nigerians are already cheering for him.. he has 40million votes already secured

Buhari will just lift his hand and every Northerner and southerner will vote him to power

Only that he must contest .. no excuses .. even if his party refuse .. Tinubu must decamp .. or float a new party..

After all .. he’s the latest Yoruba god. .. and all Nigerians must bow grin
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Penguin2: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
abbeyfel:
I smell Tribalism here

Good to see that Buhari did not travel to Paris with your sense of smell undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Validated: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
So, you just wake up to write this nonesense so that people will support a known rogue to become president? He was governor for 8 years and NOT one thing was acheived, not ONE. You keep excusing allocation was withheld, please, state it clearly. LGA funds were withheld because Tinubu created LCDA and constitution has nothing as such. Secondly, when the money was refunded, what did Tinubu do with it? Nothing! Rather he created Alpha-Beta company and made every member of his family either commissioner, legislator or market leader. That was Mugabi style. If given presidency, Tinubu will change FIRS to be under Alpha-Beta just like LSIRS is under Alpha-Beta today. His sons and daughters would become Nigeria petroleum minister and market leaders locking up markets to collect millions, his family will even take over ministry of defence to kill and maim those who dare challenge them. We have seen how he colonised Lagos, let him remain there. We have seen his antecedents in Lagos and cannot afford another dictator and looter in Aso Rock. Nigeria needs a refined gentleman who is not a known rogue in 2023.

PS: Pls stop ascribing Fashola and Ambode's achievements to Tinubu. Pls STOP! You will tell us he is good at identifying performers, okay that is why he identified Buhari, the great performer.

1 Like

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Asgard73: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
abbeyfel:
Buhari is the greatest undoing of Tinubu. This is a great problem he has to deal with!

How?
The man that will give Tinubu power .. and lead Yoruba to President in 2023 .... can’t be yoruba greatest undoing.. abi?
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by kolnel: 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
lol
This is actually why I don't pity Nigerians, they are the architect of their own misfortunes.
as much as I have nothing against Tinubu, I actually like him. but, he's too old for the rigors of the presidency.
what happened to people like Soludo, Osinbajo, et.al.
Nigerians can't afford another Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Baawaa(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2021
Asgard73:
Nigerians are already cheering for him.. he has 40million votes already secured

Buhari will just lift his hand and every Northerner and southerner will vote him to power

Only that he must contest .. no excuses .. even if his party refuse .. Tinubu must decamp .. or float a new party..

After all .. he’s the latest Yoruba god. .. and all Nigerians must bow grin
Weed is not good for your health,Tinubu is a joker
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Valkrie: 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
Consider what....another dead man walking....? Nigeria have had enough....!! He better go and look after his aging body...!!! No amount of injections would and can help him...!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Redcrafton: 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
Stop wasting your time with Tinubu.

Like I said before the Anambra election, that Prof Soludu is the type that the people needed...I even suggested he went for the presidency....

Same for the SW...this is the type of man (pic) that should be president...but unfortunately SW had had their chance...

Obj for 8 years and a VP for another 8 years...

You are too greedy mister...

3 Likes

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by condralbedez: 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
You people has started again oh, that's how you people made us to believe that bubu is the Messiah that will liberate Nigeria from hardship,now look at us here,abeg let's forget PDP and APC comes 2023 and seek for a young vibrant and Energetic person to vote for abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Babaken(m): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Penguin2:
Trash!

Awolowo and Abiola I don't know but for Tinubu is a big TRASH For given Nigeria this pandemic call buhari is BIGGER TRASH.

1 Like

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Moferere: 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
Penguin2:
Trash!

Tell us your igbo candidate and don't die unnecessary death over Tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Uzomarrr123: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
kolnel:
lol
This is actually why I don't pity Nigerians, they are the architect of their own misfortunes.
as much as I have nothing against Tinubu, I actually like him. but, he's too old for the rigors of the presidency.
what happened to people like Soludo, Osinbajo, et.al.
Nigerians can't afford another Buhari
How old is JOE BIDEN ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by after4: 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
Buhari will give tifnubu president? You will wake up from this your dream one day

Asgard73:

How?
The man that will give Tinubu power .. and lead Yoruba to President in 2023 .... can’t be yoruba greatest undoing.. abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by after4: 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
I would have being surprised if Igbo never crossed you lips today. Envy kills

Moferere:

Tell us your igbo candidate and don't die unnecessary death over Tinubu
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by after4: 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
And what is Joe Biden doing for America? A man with the worse rating since decades ago what is the difference between buhari and Biden?

Uzomarrr123:

How old is JOE BIDEN ?
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by Moferere: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
after4:
I would have being surprised if Igbo never crossed you lips today. Envy kills

If envy actually kills, you ought to be dead by now
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by yuping(m): 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
I will never dispute the achievement of Tinubu to Lagos state any day any time but is high time we move from APC and PDP and Tinubu work effectively because being a Governor gives you lots of freedom but as a President you still have this senate restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by limeta(f): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
Obasanjo 8 wasteful years
Osibanjo 8 wasteful years
Say no to Tinubu
No no to Osinbajo greed kills
Say no to Afonjas
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by kolnel: 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

How old is JOE BIDEN ?

lol@ Joe biden.
Joe is senile already, and everyone knows it.
Even his ratings has plummeted.
The republicans just won Virginia, this hasn't happened in a long time.
The election in New Jersey was the closest in years.

@ the end of the day, we all want a better Nigerian. we want things to work.
Re: Why Bola Tinubu Should Be Highly Considered For Presidency. by techWriter3: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Gumi Reacts To Declaration Of Bandits As Terrorists / Hipocrisy Of The US, UK, Australia And Other Western Nations / Obasanjo to Edwin Clark: Oil belongs to Nigeria — NOT Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.