Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl (843 Views)

The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It / Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl by Healthpal81(f): 5:24am On Nov 14, 2021
Brown stains in a toilet bowl can be unsightly and embarrassing. It may seem like there is no way to get rid of them, but don't worry! There are some easy things you can do that will make your toilet look good as new again.

Here's what you'll need:

Vinegar, baking soda, bleach (if needed), scrub brush (or non-scratch sponge), and a towel or rag. Vinegar is an acid which breaks down the rust in the water left by iron deposits from the water supply system. Baking soda helps remove any leftover soap scum and loosens dirt and grime on porcelain surfaces of toilets and bathtubs, and bleach removes stubborn buildup on ceramic tiles. In the case of an extreme brown stain, bleach may be used in conjunction with vinegar.

The Process:

Mix a little bit of water with ¼ cup baking soda and sprinkle it in the toilet bowl. Add a couple tablespoons of vinegar to this mixture. Scrub the surface affected by stains well and flush your toilet. Let sit for 10 minutes before scrubbing again.

If your stains remain on the surface, add a cup of bleach to ¼ cup baking soda and scrub. Let sit for five minutes before flushing the toilet.

Remove any residue from scouring with a clean towel or rag dampened in water.

Repeat if necessary after every few uses of the toilet.

Rinse your toilet thoroughly after treatment and let dry. Enjoy a sparkling clean toilet!

In closing, you could apply the same process when cleaning your shower as well. I write about that in this article: https://ideasforhomerenovations.com/best-shower-heads-for-hard-water/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl by ignis: 6:33am On Nov 14, 2021
Where can one get baking soda, vinegar and bleach ?
Re: How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl by frozen70(f): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2021
The shortest method is to use condemn battery water

Use mopping stick and suck out the water in the bowl

Then pour the battery water into it after then use brush to wash it out

But be careful to avoid it touching your hands
Re: How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl by Nozino: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2021
frozen70:
The shortest method is to use condemn battery water

Use mopping stick and suck out the water in the bowl

Then pour the battery water into it after then use brush to wash it out

But be careful to avoid it touching your hands

Too risky.
Re: How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl by Healthpal81(f): 11:10am On Nov 14, 2021
Nozino:

Too risky.

I agree, too risky!
Re: How To Remove Brown Stains From A Toilet Bowl by Healthpal81(f): 11:11am On Nov 14, 2021
ignis:
Where can one get baking soda, vinegar and bleach ?

These should all be available at your local grocery store. If not, you could purchase a cleaner from your hardware store.

(1) (Reply)

How A Woman Accused Me Of Wanting To Kidnapped Her Children / What I Saw Last Night At A Fuel Station / I'm Considering Sniper For Fumigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.