Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State (37491 Views)

Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Jaqenhghar: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Regale me sire
I will assume you have not seen the videos of him
Boasting about how he doesn't listen to consultants or engineers

Boasting about a similar incident in UK where he added an additional floor to the plan that was approved and how he got away with it

I assume you have also not seen copies of the letter sent from the construction firm dissociating itself from that project long before the disaster happened
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2021
molbic:

FRUSTRATED IDIOT
Lol, na your papa picture be that?
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by peacefuldude(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2021
chatinent:
Ha!

I hope this teaches engineers some lessons. Trying to save some few more money could cost your life too! The building couldn't wait for tenants! It got angry at the builder.
I don't pity them one bit ,that is how the building would have collaps with inocent occupants inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2021
Ikenne is a small town.. So people will know his father house. The mayflower school been close to the road it self is just a stone throw to my friends place when I went to see him then in university..
But to the town.. This event wouldn't be ordinary.. Spiritual angle may be linked to this
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Jaqenhghar: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2021
newguy1:
Good to speak good of the dead but femi can’t be as sainted as them dey talk. He got greedy with the building n we saw video of him fighting cops who came to arrest him
Are you serious? Did it happen in Nigeria or UK
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by joefelin2345: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2021
CeeManCollins:
Just imagine that this building collapsed and Femi Osibona wasn’t a victim.
They would have termed him to be a ...ritualist.. as they said when T B. Joshua's Synagogue of All Nations collapsed.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by stuffs4me(m): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2021
cooljude:
Politics aside, I now see the connect Femi used in disregarding Lagos state restrictions on his building permit.

A call from Abuja from the office of his village kinsman is enough to open doors. Nepotism and lack of due process will destroy us all.

That is the connection he was using to erect his illegal structure. He was such an evil man.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by seyz91(m): 9:52am On Nov 14, 2021
cheesy walahi, you no lie, na wetin i think sef be that
Jesusdiedhaha:
This is a deceitful title aimed at getting more views.
Everyone would click on it thinking the building collapse was heard all the way in ogun state.
Echoes in ikenna indeed. Idiot.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by teepain: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2021
Kobicove:
As a result of this man's death some people's source of livelihood has been negatively affected undecided

Very sad event sad

Not just sources of livelihood. Except for the grace of God, some people's lives will never remain again sadly. He was a helper to a lot of people.

Sadly, Mayflower old students' association lost a number people in that incidence including Wale Bob-Oseni who was on his way back to his base in the U.S before the sad incidence. Government needs to look into the remote and immediate cause of that collapse.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by teepain: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2021
BabaO2:
The "order from the above" comment to unseal the building is nonsense and a cheap blackmail, if the building was not fit, it was demolition order not mere sealing. Majority of those flying the comment are probably didn't have access to turn the man into their ATM as their usual practices. With proper investigation, the collapse of that building might turn out not to be an ordinary

You might be right. Transparent investigations should reveal the cause of the collapse. What were the remote causes? What were the immediate causes?
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Tunibitoye(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=Jesusdiedhaha post=107600109]This is a deceitful title aimed at getting more views.
Everyone would click on it thinking the building collapse was heard all the way in ogun state.
Echoes in ikenna indeed. Idiot. [/qquote you gotta be kidney me comrade grin
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by achillesfoot(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2021
BabaO2:
The "order from the above" comment to unseal the building is nonsense and a cheap blackmail, if the building was not fit, it was demolition order not mere sealing. Majority of those flying the comment are probably didn't have access to turn the man into their ATM as their usual practices. With proper investigation, the collapse of that building might turn out not to be an ordinary
. Out of everything I have read so far I have come to the conclusion that 90 percent of Nigerians are just plain dumb and stupid.. It's only yahoo they know.. Dumbasses.. Even Chanitent I expected to be rational in thinking.. You're the only one who has the right brain for circumstances like this.. Reason I quoted you directly.. . He was targeted, carefully followed to make sure he was in the building, then an explosive was used to rattle the structure, I guess you know the rest.. You Nigerians have no idea the kind of cabal you are dealing with... There's an ongoing war since 2015 against the rest of Nigeria, I won't mention names, figure it out.. Yet same Nigerians are championing presidency for the man who brought upon this menace even to his own people cos of a seat he will never smell... The people who decides Nigeria's future are not in Nigeria...

5 Likes

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by unmask: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2021
Jesusdiedhaha:
lol....I believe there is nothing wrong with the title.....infact it is one of the most popular ways to talk about how an event that happened in one area affected another area
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2021
unmask:
lol....I believe there is nothing wrong with the title.....infact it is one of the most popular ways to talk about how an event that happened in one area affected another area
There's pun intended by using the word 'Echo' in relation to a building collapse.
No be Nigerian bloggers? They know what they are doing.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2021
Solotiti15:
Ok
You be idiot.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by cooljude(m): 11:12am On Nov 14, 2021
BabaO2:

I am interested in hearing your conspiracy theory. What are you trying to insinuate?
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Vireani79: 11:30am On Nov 14, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
He touched a lot of lives when he was alive. He is a very good person. We can't question God why this happened.

He is a criminal
What good was he to break the law cos of greed
We can see the connection to the criminal at the top
Useless people
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by haryomikun(m): 11:46am On Nov 14, 2021
Jesusdiedhaha:

No, you’re the dull one. That title was beautifully crafted; its a pity your brain couldn’t comprehend it
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by davodyguy: 11:50am On Nov 14, 2021
achillesfoot:
. Out of everything I have read so far I have come to the conclusion that 90 percent of Nigerians are just plain dumb and stupid.. It's only yahoo they know.. Dumbasses.. Even Chanitent I expected to be rational in thinking.. You're the only one who has the right brain for circumstances like this.. Reason I quoted you directly.. . He was targeted, carefully followed to make sure he was in the building, then an explosive was used to rattle the structure, I guess you know the rest.. You Nigerians have no idea the kind of cabal you are dealing with... There's an ongoing war since 2015 against the rest of Nigeria, I won't mention names, figure it out.. Yet same Nigerians are championing presidency for the man who brought upon this menace even to his own people cos of a seat he will never smell... The people who decides Nigeria's future are not in Nigeria...
There are 3 structures in the compound. Two are still standing till today, but only the one that my late uncle was inside, came down.

Why didn't the collapse affect the other 2 structures?

Why just one?

There's more to this collapse than we're thinking

3 Likes

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by davodyguy: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2021
Vireani79:

He is a criminal
What good was he to break the law cos of greed
We can see the connection to the criminal at the top
Useless people
Which law did he break?
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Peace1993: 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by muheeb01(m): 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
AyelalaOo:
you well so?
I was actually referring to the victims of the collapsed building
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
chatinent:
Ha!

I hope this teaches engineers some lessons. Trying to save some few more money could cost your life too! The building couldn't wait for tenants! It got angry at the builder.

"It funny how we always link substandard building materials to collapsed buildings, buildings don't just collapse in Nigeria alone na...

If a terrorist cleverly brings down a building in Eko Atlantic now instead of doing proper investigation the populist will conclude it came down as a result of substandard building materials, Synagogue Church comes to mind, popular opinion is not always the right opinion". - Village People spokesperson
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Aufbauh:
Femi Osibona was indeed a man passionately connected to his root, and always ready to assist his people.
I'd observed that the trait is common with Ikenne people even right from the time of Chief Awolowo.

You can see how excellent he was. His sheer greed, goat-like stubbornness and disregard for professional advice took him and many innocent people looking for a livelihood to their early graves.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by cooooooks(m): 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
In the words of my mom:

"God cannot be mocked. How can he be dancing and singing when he's cutting corners."

Lollittaa:

You can see how excellent he was. His sheer greed, goat-like stubbornness and disregard for professional advice took him and many innocent people looking for a livelihood to their early graves.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
haryomikun:

No, you’re the dull one. That title was beautifully crafted; its a pity your brain couldn’t comprehend it
He's right. The title is misleading, clickbait. You do know what an echo literally means, don't you?
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
cooooooks:
In the words of my mom:

"God cannot be mocked. How can he be dancing and singing when he's cutting corners."

In a twisted way, his death was justice. Had he not died, he'd have quietly left the country while the victims families mourn their loved ones, breadwinners, some of them.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by cooooooks(m): 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
The engineers in this project wrote a long letter explaining their resignation from the project.
chatinent:
Ha!

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by cooooooks(m): 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
The sad thing is:

I don't think he had malice.

He fully believed the building would stand.

It's the laissez-faire attitude towards engineering. If one of his earlier, smaller buildings had collapsed, he would have settled down and taken engineering advice.

Lollittaa:

In a twisted way, his death was justice. Had he not died, he'd have quietly left the country while the victims families mourn their loved ones, breadwinners, some of them.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
cooooooks:
The sad thing is:

I don't think he had malice.

He fully believed the building would stand.

It's the laissez-faire attitude towards engineering. If one of his earlier, smaller buildings had collapsed, he would have settled down and taken engineering advice.

Did you see how the ruins looked like slices of bread. From what experts say, if I remember correctly, the only way for the building to have fallen so completely was lack of structure. From foundation to pillar. Remember, he was given permission for 15 storeys. He illegally increased it to 21. Now, he cam build anywhere, even in the ocean, with good foundation and structure. Remember the letter the structural engineer sent him? Too many things were wrong with that building, no thanks to his greed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / Computer Village In Port Harcourt Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Exclusive!!! | Twenty Two "2" Bedroom House Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.