Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

The Platform, Netflix Special - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Platform, Netflix Special (673 Views)

The Platform: Calling On Talented Singers&Rappers: Come Showcase Your Gift On TV / Entertainment World (netflix -dish -hulu -tidal -spotify) Account For Sale / Top Best Tv-series In Netflix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Platform, Netflix Special by usj(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2021
This movie was a surprise hit at Toronto Film Festival, is a suspenseful, dramatic and extremely gory sci-fi-horror/thriller. The movie is  genuinely enjoyable and Netflix is now garnering a reputation for streaming high quality movies.

A slab of food descends floor by floor in a prison. The inmates above eat heartily, leaving those below starving and desperate. A rebellion is imminent.

This movie is mirror of our society and it is depicted with this figurative drama. It teaches you many things of human nature and a moment to introspect about our own selves. The flick is gripping from the word go and the way it is presented must be applauded for its potrayal in most realistic manner.

Word of warning: Whilst essentially a social science fiction-horror/thriller movie, this is not a film for the faint hearted.
lalasticlala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wVuUcg8Zc0
Lalasticlala, Dominique please help here
Re: The Platform, Netflix Special by usj(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2021
The lead actor, Goreng

Re: The Platform, Netflix Special by meobizy(f): 10:43am On Nov 14, 2021
I enjoyed the movie. I remember the ending being abrupt. Whatever, though, it was a good way to burn 90 minutes.

1 Like

Re: The Platform, Netflix Special by usj(m): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
meobizy:
I enjoyed the movie. I remember the ending being abrupt. Whatever, though, it was a good way to burn 90 minutes.

the ending was opened to interpretation that was what the producer said in an interview. They want viewers to draw their on conclusions. At first I thought the panna cotta was the message and that was all to it, then the plot twist at the end changed everything. The little girl became the message. At the beginning though Trimagasi tried to summarise everything he mentioned; those at the top (the rich people that don't care), those at the bottom (the poor people with hope that someday things will change for better) and those who fall( those that could not stand the difficulties).

1 Like

Re: The Platform, Netflix Special by buragoz: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
I haven't seen this movie, but it's a bit dark from the video. I heard about another new movie from Netflix, Don't Look Up. The movie's plot is based on scientists finding out that a comet is approaching the earth that will destroy all of humanity. They decide to publicly tell the news, but even influential people do not take it seriously, count how much it will cost the comet, etc. In general, the film shows a 21st-century society obsessed with money and resources. I am going to watch this movie on https://guidesastuces.com tonight.

(1) (Reply)

Rema - Calm Down (remix) Ft Selena Gomez / I need Information on Naija Commedy / Any Other Jossites Out There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.