Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js (753 Views)

Why You Should Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js / 8 Reasons To Use Php In 2020 / Php Mysql: Use Php To Serialize Mysql Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by JavaScript90: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
For those that want to abandon php and switch to the shiny node.js because you think that you can't do the fancy stuffs like web socket programming, creating real time chat apps, timed executive of functions like the setInterval() and setTimeout() or async stuffs like fetch().then() in JavaScript DONT switch php can do these stuffs if not even better.

With the Advent of the ratchet libry powered by react php (another php libry) you can easily build real time chat applications, make timed execution of functions, make async requests etc.

Php 7 gave us the power to do these stuffs, with the Advent of php8 more support for async programming has been introduced

So as a business, you don't need to cough out that large amount of money setting up node server infastructure and hiring costly node developers. With that your regular shared hosting you can leverage the full power of php to create those special stuffs you want on your website or application and save your money for the promotion of your business.

You also get to enjoy great and large community support, easy database migration etc

So open your command prompt, navigate to your project root folder and type 'composer require cboden/ratchet' to start using and enjoy the power of ratchet and react php.
PHP IS EVOLVING!
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by EkenmaPeter(m): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nice information... I have being coding in PHP for 4 years now. And I find it hard to leave. PHP has become my life and their is nothing I can't do with it.
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by JavaScript90: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
EkenmaPeter:
Nice information... I have being coding in PHP for 4 years now. And I find it hard to leave. PHP has become my life and their is nothing I can't do with it.
I do both JavaScript and node though, but php is my first love. coupled with the fact that it is cheap and easy to deploy
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by tollyboy5(m): 2:00am On Nov 15, 2021
EkenmaPeter:
Php is easy to understand but I'll prefer nodejs. I do php because its easy
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by Powersurge: 3:45am On Nov 15, 2021
tollyboy5:

Php is easy to understand but I'll prefer nodejs. I do php because its easy

Why would you prefer NodeJS?
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by tollyboy5(m): 9:42am On Nov 15, 2021
Powersurge:

Why would you prefer NodeJS?
Embedded system programming. Nodejs websocket is used as a server code to communicate as IoT device
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by JavaScript90: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2021
tollyboy5:

Embedded system programming. Nodejs websocket is used as a server code to communicate as IoT device
This can also be achieved with php with the help of swoole. This is already more 5x faster than node.js
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by tollyboy5(m): 10:49am On Nov 15, 2021
JavaScript90:

This can also be achieved with php with the help of swoole. This is already more 5x faster than node.js
I'm just knowing this. Lol your moniker says JavaScript but you're all about PHP
Re: You Can Use Php For That Chat Application Instead Of Expensive Node.js by JavaScript90: 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
tollyboy5:

I'm just knowing this. Lol your moniker says JavaScript but you're all about PHP
I am fullstack. I do both

(1) (Reply)

Help On Reading Xml Files In Vb.net / Business Directory - Setting Up & Maintenance Of Database / Programmers I Need Ur Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.