Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,689 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Are These Sentences Correct? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are These Sentences Correct? (721 Views)

Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) / Grammarians, Who Can Correctly Fill In The Spaces In These Sentences? / Which Of These Sentences Gave You Joy While You Were In Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Sentences Correct? by beauty7: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
(1) You have done it, haven't you.

(2) You have a book, haven't you.

(3)You must have seen me, must'nt you.

Also changing from active to passive voice.

(1) Active: I ate the food.
Passive: The food was eaten by me.

(2) Active: I talked a talk.
Passive: The talk is me.
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by garriAndsugar: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
You have a book, don't you??

You must have seen me , haven't you?

Active. I talk a talk
Passive; the talk was talked by me..
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by beauty7: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
garriAndsugar:
You have a book, don't you??

You must have seen me , haven't you?

Active. I talk a talk
Passive; the talk was talked by me..

Good boy.
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by garriAndsugar: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
beauty7:

Good boy.
angry

1 Like

Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by Benwallt(m): 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
beauty7:
(1) You have done it, haven't you.

(2) You have a book, haven't you.

(3)You must have seen me, must'nt you.

Also changing from active to passive voice.

(1) Active: I ate the food.
Passive: The food was eaten by me.

A talk was talked by me.
The rest are correct. The other guy is wrong. You can't change "have" in statement to don't when drawing the tag question.
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by beauty7: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Benwallt:
A talk was talked by me.
The rest are correct. The other guy is wrong. You can't change "have" in statement to don't when drawing the tag question.

Noted Sir.

1 Like

Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by lecturer50(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
beauty7:

If this is correct then the following should also be correct:

I went to school.
The school is me.
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by Benwallt(m): 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
beauty7:

Noted Sir.
For better understanding when it comes to question tag. Note that a positive statement takes a negative tag and the verb in the statement determines the tag question that follows. In the statement, you can have: primary auxiliary verb - is, was, am, are and were: modal verb -can, could, may, might, shall, should, ought etc: anomalous verb-has, have and had. Use the contracted negative form to draw the tag question. When you have the negative form of the verb listed above, use the positive form to draw your tag question. When you have a negative statement, the tag will be positive.
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by beauty7: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2021
Benwallt:
For better understanding when it comes to question tag. Note that a positive statement takes a negative tag and the verb in the statement determines the tag question that follows. In the statement, you can have: primary auxiliary verb - is, was, am, are and were: modal verb -can, could, may, might, shall, should, ought etc: anomalous verb-has, have and had. Use the contracted negative form to draw the tag question. When you have the negative form of the verb listed above, use the positive form to draw your tag question. When you have a negative statement, the tag will be positive.

Ok.

Thanks.
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by beauty7: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2021
lecturer50:

If this is correct then the following should also be correct:

I went to school.
The school is me.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are These Sentences Correct? by lecturer50(m): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Are A Student Studying But Lacks Funds To Pay For Tuition?get A Study Loan / Amazon To Pay You Monthly In Dollars But You're Rejecting It? Look At This / NAAT Strike Continues. From The Just Concluded ZOOM-NEC Meeting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.