Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Sir Udensi Urges Patronage, Support To Made-in-aba Products - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Udensi Urges Patronage, Support To Made-in-aba Products (298 Views)

Aba Geometric Power Project Commissioned In A Hurry — Sir Udensi / Sir Udensi Calls For End To Politics Of Godfatherism In Abia / VIDEO: Atiku Inspect Made In Aba Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sir Udensi Urges Patronage, Support To Made-in-aba Products by Metrix147: 11:11am On Nov 15, 2021
Interpol Systems Consultant, Sir Chikwe Udensi has advised Nigerians to be contented with made in Nigeria products.

Udensi gave the advice on Saturday while addressing Journalists in Abuja on the 2021 Made-in -Aba Trade Fair, exhibition which has become an important annual feature in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) business promotion calendar in the country.

He told newsmen, that some of the problems facing indigenous products are lack of market, and necessary assistance and encouragement from the government.

The Abia-born politician stressed that government intervention is necessary to launch locally made products to the next level where they can be competitive and globally accepted.

“I have always known made in Aba products over the years, the problem is that if you have a good product, you don’t have a market, and the government does not give you the necessary assistance.

“My thinking is that this kind of product should go beyond where it is now and am impressed with what I have seen, even where they have their lapses we can effectively amend them. This is a good start, I have always had of made in Aba products, I didn’t even know we are still sustaining this level of production. My little prayer is that God will grant us, somebody who will take us beyond this level,” Udensi said.

On what the government should do to make Aba made goods be competitive with other products in Nigeria and beyond the shores of the country, he responded that, ”The problem we have always had is that the African market has always not patronized African products that has always been the problem, and what we need to do is to ensure that we are contented with what we have.

“If we allow the influx of all these products from outside Africa, it gives us the problem of sustaining what we have here. Let me tell you why am beginning to be happy with this government, to a large extent I was very angry with them, especially the way they have treated my people but government now says no more government Agencies, Ministries or Parastatals that will patronize foreign products, that’s a plus, that’s a good one.

“Am not going to criticize the government in everything, if they have done the good ones, I will say that they have done the good ones, but as you know I have always criticized them for not realizing that our people exist, anybody who will ignore the Igbo race is a crazy man, the Igbo race is a race that is indomitable and we are ever existing.

“We have come to take a look at what we have here, to see how best we can help our people increase their productivity and also the acceptance of their products not only in our country but beyond, that is what we are trying to do.”

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/11/sir-udensi-urges-patronage-support-to-made-in-aba-products/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: Sir Udensi Urges Patronage, Support To Made-in-aba Products by alfred007(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Sir Udensi Urges Patronage, Support To Made-in-aba Products by DawnStudios(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2021
Nice

(1) (Reply)

I'll Obey Court Order Revoking Monarch’s Stool - Gov. Nyesom Wike / Davido For President 2023. / Osun Food Support Scheme: Government Takes Palliatives To Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.