Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. (491 Views)

First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result / How To Invest N5,500 And Turn It Into N450,000 Guaranteed! No Story! / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hello all,

So quick intro: I've been a startup founder since I graduated in 2014 (Computer Science) and I've always done that. This year my co-founder and I decided to stop working with private organizations (this was how we got funds to take care of our needs and reinvest into our startups) as they don't pay well and mostly owe you money.
We needed a more stable and lucrative source of income so we can still keep pushing our startup ideas on the side.

I started applying for jobs in August and decided to only look for remote work with Startups in the UK, US, & Asia. Nigerian companies don't pay well (maybe can't) for many reasons.
My co-founder doesn't have this problem as he lives in the UK (we met in Uni) so getting a good coding job would be very easy for him.

My startup skills are mostly focused on sales, project management, and business development. As you can imagine my CV is very weird, as I only have work experience with myself as the founder, this made it a bit difficult to make progress with job applications.
As I continued to apply, I eventually realized mistakes I was making and improved on my selection of jobs, since then I've had 5 video interviews, 3 went with someone else with 2 hopefully getting back to me this week or next.

The major thing I noticed is that they're quite a few job opportunities that are open to people from Nigeria (Global Remote), other remote jobs still require you to be in the UK or US. More interestingly, some of them don't require you to have a specialized skill like coding or finance, just a good command of English (speaking and writing) then good time management.

Most of these jobs are virtual assistance, data entry, appointment setter, customer care, telemarking, etc.
They're very entry-level but most have an average pay of $5/hr.
That's $40 per day, which is $200 per week (excluding Saturday & Sunday), totaling $800 per month.
Approximately N450,000 per month, that's really good money for most Nigerians!
Let's not forget these are still entry-level jobs, some applicable to fresh Uni graduates (blame our trash economy/exchange rate).

So I decided (startup habit) to build something to help Nigerians look for remote work online.
It's a website with hints on how to apply, interview, and get paid.
It also has a list of sites that are very helpful in finding those jobs (from experience) and finally, I personally search for the most entry-level jobs that are global remote and post them there every few days for others to see and apply.
If you're interested, please check it out, ask me if you have any questions, and please share with anyone that you think might need/want it.
https://workabroadfromhome.online/

P.s - This is version 1 of the site and it's MVP, not super impressive.

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Not sure if linking the site is an advert, if it is, please (anyone) let me know and I'll delete it.
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by yemobrown(m): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
Quite interesting..

1 Like

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Tenshades(m): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good job you're doing right here.

Following and taking actions. smiley
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Tenshades:
Good job you're doing right here.

Following and taking actions. smiley

Arigato, please share with anyone that might be interested.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ugly Flaws The First Day I Taught In Government School / . / Job Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.