Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Party Rice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Party Rice (183 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Party Rice by Lexv(m): 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
What is it about party rice that simply makes people go crazy? I have seen supposedly respected people in the society, dressed in suits and agbada, make complete fool of themselves because they were not given food at an ocassion. Really, what is it about party rice? �

Come to think of it: is it not the same rice that we eat almost everyday at our respective homes? What makes this particular rice so special? Personally, I can't bear the taste of rice after eating it twice within a week. Not really a big fan. �

Well, after years of careful research and observation; yes, I said research… lol. Anyway, after a little bit of digging here and there, I've finally come-up with an hypothesis on why people make an ass of themselves at parties because of food.

The truth is — it's not really about the food! Yep, the rice has nothing to do with it. Rather, it is a psychological thing. When you are one of the guests at a wedding party for instance, and everybody around you gets food except you, at that moment, all the numbers of rejection that you've suffered in your short miserable life wells-up into an ugly emotion that makes you want to stab the server with a damn fork! �

When people are not given food at parties, it makes them feel left-out, scorned, rejected and hell hath no fury like a person denied food at a party. Lol

So, what's the solution? Fight, kick, scream, until someone gives you a plate? Nope, you don't really want to do that especially when you have some 'reps' in the eyes of those around.

This is what you do: give yourself a proper treat before making yourself available at the party. I mean eat a good food; perhaps something you've not eaten in a long while but really enjoy eating. So that in that moment when those ugly emotions begin to rear their ugly heads, you can quickly shut it down by simply reminding yourself that you're special and the proof of that was the awesome meal you just ate before going to the party.

The next time you see a very respected man or woman, in a well-tailored suit or attire, make complete fool of themselves at an occasion, be sympathetic and pity the poor creatures. Rejection can be quite demoralizing. �

Re: Party Rice by EmmyCC: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
LOL. There's something about party food enh imagine dressing up in your house with the food in mind only to be denied it at last.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Military Charges Barrack Youths To Remain Positive, Flags Off Maiden Ball Games / Coupon Codes & Gift Voucher Mcdonald - HAPPY MEAL / Obaseki Urges Measures To Check Population Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.