Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. (3405 Views)

330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist / Ancient Inventions Far Ahead Of Their Time And Beyond Modern Understanding / Amazing Inventions That Should Totally Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by mancoconut: 12:18am On Nov 16, 2021
FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONTEXT:

Remember that these was an ethnic group that suffered incalculable losses in both human and natural resources during the Nigerian civil war, and a brutal post civil war policy orchestrated by the powers-that-be to seal their fate once and for all... many ethnic groups (particularly the Yorubas) enjoyed massive government patronage in every aspect imaginable... Even the minority ethnic groups that fought on the side of Nigeria also got their rewards for fighting against the Igbos by filling up top Federal positions and civil service jobs previously occupied by Igbos... They further benefited by taking over properties owned by Igbos through the abandoned property laws. The erstwhile Nigerian Leader, General Yakubu Gowon declared a policy of “No Victor, No Vanquished,” but then proceeded to seize the properties of Igbos in Rivers State, Nigeria. Instead of compensating the people of Rivers State for the environmental pollution caused by oil exploration, he decides to compensate them with properties that were legally and rightfully owned by Igbos. Essentially Igbos had to not only start from ground zero again in salvaging their pride byrebuilding, Igbos also had to face stigmatization and mockery from the other tribes that became "beneficiaries" from the Igbo misfortune... The rest of Nigerians including the minority tribes mocked us and NEVER imagined or envisaged that Igbos will rise from the ashes of the war to not only close the gap on them, but also surpass them at some point. Factor in all these very depleting and dehumanizing factors suffered by Igbos, I make bold to assert that no other ethnic group in Nigeria would have pulled off just 1/10th of the Igbo feat and resilience in coming back from absolutely nothing to become a reckoning force once again in such a short time if they faced what we faced

When I use the context of the civil war to clarify the disadvantageous and very limiting circumstance of the Igbos in Nigeria, the usual suspects will accuse Igbos of just crying foul and playing the "victims card" by stirring up memories of the war, some even mock us by splashing pictures of malnourished children suffering from kwashiokor during the war to spite Igbos, yet we brush that off and keep succeeding (even though we have our flaws and imperfections as a people, but who doesn't?).

Ok let me go back to my savage mode and mine any cone headed skulls that will want to quote me abnormally angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by unshakablejihad: 1:17am On Nov 16, 2021
Elizabeth Odilile Ofili

Elizabeth Odilile Ofili (born 1956) is a Nigerian-American physician and cardiology researcher. She was the first woman to become president of the Association of Black Cardiologists.

Ofili was born and raised in Nigeria and attended Ahmadu Bello University for medical school. She moved to the United States in 1982 and earned a master's of public health from Johns Hopkins University in 1983. She completed her postgraduate education in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Ofili began her career with research at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa and continued her cardiology research while a professor at Washington University in St. Louis. In 1994, she became an associate professor at Morehouse School of Medicine and was promoted to full professor in 1999. Her research focuses on heart disease in the African-American population, dyslipidemia, hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart failure, and echocardiography; her work in the African American Heart Failure Trial substantially changed guidelines on heart failure treatment for African-Americans. She has also conducted research with NASA into the effects of microgravity on the vasculature. She is acclaimed for her studies of myocardial blood flow.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by unshakablejihad: 2:35am On Nov 16, 2021
Dr. Ezekiel Izuogu.

Perhaps, Nigeria would have joined the likes of Germany, Japan, India, and Malaysia as an automobile manufacturer as far back as 1997 when Dr. Ezekiel Izuogu, an electrical/electronics engineer, a doctor of science, and lecturer of communications and electronics engineering at the Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, made a prototype of his first-ever all-African car which he named Z-600.

The car which BBC’s Hilary Andersson described as the all-African dream machine, was made for the family market with a top speed of 140km (86m) per hour.

Ninety percent of its parts were sourced locally. For instance, the horn was a doorbell and it would have been the cheapest car on the planet as it would have cost just $2,000 to own one.

According to Izuogu who had demonstrated a great flair for inventive and creative knowledge from early childhood, he was working on adapting the engine to allow the Z-600 to double up like a lawnmower or an electricity generator.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by KosiGee(m): 2:52am On Nov 16, 2021
unshakablejihad:

dumb Afonja slum-dwelling cave man with his stale trolling. u can keep ranting with your weak coping mechanisms.

You’ve defeated the purpose of this wonderful thread by descending to his ignominious level.

Why attack another ethnic group? Why not ignore the mentally unstable fool? I find this thread inspiring and I think a lot of people would do except some ethnicist and paranoid few.

You should have just ignored him instead of permitting him or them to infect and affect you with their negative energies.

Don’t join them in turning this thread into a ‘we vs them’ issue. Celebrate your kiths and kin in peace and stop responding to their heckling.

Their language, tone and font are indicative of one thing. Your success is a threat to them. They can’t stop the glory.
Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 5:20am On Nov 16, 2021
NyamiriSlayer:
okoro you still dey cry, you better move far away from that sniper, i don't want any story that touch
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2
Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by Fbisshit: 8:48am On Nov 16, 2021
Reflect7:

Yet your people are spread all over Nigeria in their millions more than any other ethnic group.

Why don't you all get the hell out of Nigeria and go and live in your tiny landlocked DOT?

You can't keep saying ''we are not one'', yet you find your stinking backside in OTHER peoples' territory.

Why don't you get lost?

And no, you cannot steal the Niger Delta.

Try it, and we will fcking annihilate you.

[s][/s] yet Igbo people are spread all over the world like explorer's shocked
Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by djevino(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2021
Reflect7:

Yet your people are spread all over Nigeria in their millions more than any other ethnic group.

Why don't you all get the hell out of Nigeria and go and live in your tiny landlocked DOT?

You can't keep saying ''we are not one'', yet you find your stinking backside in OTHER peoples' territory.

Why don't you get lost?

And no, you cannot steal the Niger Delta.

Try it, and we will fcking annihilate you.

Trying to steal which Niger delta? I don't care about them.. we only care about our brothers there.. and no inch of our land will be left for u parasites.. or we will turn Nigeria to grave yard.. u think 1967 is 2021? Try it again and see for yourself... fvck u all

1 Like

Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by Fbisshit: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
mancoconut:

Remember that these was an ethnic group that suffered incalculable losses in both human and natural resources during the Nigerian civil war, and a brutal post civil war policy orchestrated by the powers-that-be to seal their fate once and for all... many ethnic groups (particularly the Yorubas) enjoyed massive government patronage in every aspect imaginable... Even the minority ethnic groups that fought on the side of Nigeria also got their rewards for fighting against the Igbos by filling up top Federal positions and civil service jobs previously occupied by Igbos... They further benefited by taking over properties owned by Igbos through the abandoned property laws. The erstwhile Nigerian Leader, General Yakubu Gowon declared a policy of “No Victor, No Vanquished,” but then proceeded to seize the properties of Igbos in Rivers State, Nigeria. Instead of compensating the people of Rivers State for the environmental pollution caused by oil exploration, he decides to compensate them with properties that were legally and rightfully owned by Igbos. Essentially Igbos had to not only start from ground zero again in salvaging their pride byrebuilding, Igbos also had to face stigmatization and mockery from the other tribes that became "beneficiaries" from the Igbo misfortune... The rest of Nigerians including the minority tribes mocked us and NEVER imagined or envisaged that Igbos will rise from the ashes of the war to not only close the gap on them, but also surpass them at some point. Factor in all these very depleting and dehumanizing factors suffered by Igbos, I make bold to assert that no other ethnic group in Nigeria would have pulled off just 1/10th of the Igbo feat and resilience in coming back from absolutely nothing to become a reckoning force once again in such a short time if they faced what we faced

When I use the context of the civil war to clarify the disadvantageous and very limiting circumstance of the Igbos in Nigeria, the usual suspects will accuse Igbos of just crying foul and playing the "victims card" by stirring up memories of the war, some even mock us by splashing pictures of malnourished children suffering from kwashiokor during the war to spite Igbos, yet we brush that off and keep succeeding (even though we have our flaws and imperfections as a people, but who doesn't?).

Ok let me go back to my savage mode and mine any cone headed skulls that will want to quote me abnormally angry
factual facts which is glaring but for the sake of their pull down syndrome, they resort in de- marketing the only true and brave ethnic group.
No ethnic group would have survived what Igbos went through and still over match their pace in all ramifications.. odogwu aburoo guy name cool

Check my signature cheesy
Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by Donmobi(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2021
unshakablejihad:
wendy okolo

Wendy A. Okolo is a Nigerian-American aerospace research engineer in the Intelligent Systems Division at NASA Ames Research Center. She is the first Black woman to obtain a Ph.D. degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington. She is also the Special Emphasis Programs Manager for Women at Ames.
Chie!!!
Omo see beauty!!!

...with brains of course.

1 Like

Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by Donmobi(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2021
mancoconut:

Nothing has ever been well said.
Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by Donmobi(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2021
KosiGee:

You’ve defeated the purpose of this wonderful thread by descending to his ignominious level.

Why attack another ethnic group? Why not ignore the mentally unstable fool? I find this thread inspiring and I think a lot of people would do except some ethnicist and paranoid few.

You should have just ignored him instead of permitting him or them to infect and affect you with their negative energies.

Don’t join them in turning this thread into a ‘we vs them’ issue. Celebrate your kiths and kin in peace and stop responding to their heckling.

Their language, tone and font are indicative of one thing. Your success is a threat to them. They can’t stop the glory.
True.
Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by descarado: 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
kettykin:

This is the grand father of them all. i still dont know why the east is not celebrating this fellow
Who told you the eat isn't celebrating him.
There are so many renowned people in the east.
They are just normal people who lived or lives quiet lifestyle. You hear more of politicians or political celebrities.
Re: Notable Igbo Scientist Inventions And Patent Holders. by TsheTsheba: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2023
My dear, thanks for the piece you dropped, ignore those making dumb comments on this, it's a pride to celebrate Igbo ingenuity..
Those that think Igbos are after Oil in Non Igbo area of Niger-delta are morons. Igbos make up 45% of Delta state, 10% of Calaba, 5% of Akwaibom, 40% of Porthacort, 10%of Benin. Igbos don't give a dime about non Igbos in Niger delta.
Not even a meter of Igboland will be left for anyone to conquer, we don't leave our brothers. And we can go to war in defense of our mother land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New: Etisalat Unlimited Browsing Host Address Using Psiphon And Simple Server / How To Fixed Simple Server Disconnecting On Android When Using Bb10 Plan / Get ur MTN 1gb 4just #400 and also convert your airtime to cash from us��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.