Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud (50479 Views)

10 Shocking Bible Verses About ‘yahoo Yahoo’, Fraud, Ponzi Scheme And All Dishon / 10 Bible Verses Against Yahoo Yahoo, Ponzi Scheme, Money Rituals / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by NairaMaster1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
OP dishonestly changed many of the verses to fit his agenda. if you don't believe me just Google each verse and see. for instance *Proverbs 13:11* doesn't say anything about "get rich quick"

I guess lying is okay, so long you're doing it for Jesus. isn't that what most preachers do anyways?

So what did it say?
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by NairaMaster1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
OP dishonestly changed many of the verses to fit his agenda. if you don't believe me just Google each verse and see. for instance *Proverbs 13:11* doesn't say anything about "get rich quick"

I guess lying is okay, so long you're doing it for Jesus. isn't that what most preachers do anyways?

So what did it say? What's the meaning of wealth gathered by labour?
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Yoighaman(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
effico:
*10 SHOCKING BIBLE VERSES ABOUT ‘YAHOO YAHOO’, FRAUD, PONZI SCHEME AND DISHONEST WAY OF GETTING MONEY*

1.*Jeremiah 17:11*
The person who gets money dishonestly is like a bird that hatches eggs it didn’t lay. In the prime of life he will lose his riches, and in the end he is nothing but a fool.

2. *Proverbs 20:17*
Food gained by fraud tastes sweet, but one ends up with a mouth full of gravel.

3. *Proverbs 13:11*
Wealth from get-rich-quick schemes quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows over time.

4. *Leviticus 19:13*
Do not defraud or rob your neighbour. “‘Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight.

5. *Proverbs 28:22*
Greedy people try to get rich quick but don’t realize they’re headed for poverty.

6. *1 Timothy 6:9-10*
But people who want to get rich keep toppling into temptation and are trapped by many stupid and harmful desires that plunge them into destruction and ruin.

Verse 10: For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, in their eagerness to get rich, have wandered away from the faith and caused themselves a lot of pain.

7. *Micah 2:1-3*
Woe to those who plan iniquity, to those who plot evil on their beds! At morning’s light they carry it out because it is in their power to do it. They covet fields and seize them, and houses, and take them. They defraud people of their homes, they rob them of their inheritance. Therefore, the LORD says: “I am planning disaster against this people, from which you cannot save yourselves. You will no longer walk proudly, for it will be a time of calamity.

8. *Proverbs 10:2*
Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death.

9. *Proverbs 16:8*
It is better to have a little, honestly earned, than to have a large income, dishonestly gained.

10. *Ephesians 4:28*
Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

It's never too late

Nice post.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by bergs2: 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
googling specific verse is as good as reading it

I know.
Drop the mic abeg
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by femi4: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Read from New living translation

Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by philiancoop(m): 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
Which one talks about ponzi schemes?
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by rossovu: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
lomprico:
True but its does not apply to all.

Good advice though.
Yes o, it doesn't at all, our politicians still get money and most of them go still die rich
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Sunnybabe(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Add this

1 Thessalonians 4:6
That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by dominique(f): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Blyzz:
Powerful one!

kissPlease if you reside in Ogun State and can offer me a space to lay my head for Monday and Tuesday, I'd be grateful. I'll be coming from Warri to Nestlé Nigeria Plc, Agbara Factory, Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Ogun State.

For An Aptitude Test... Thanks in anticipation smiley

It's Lagos-Abeokuta expressway not badagry. Try to find a place to stay around alakuko, agbado-iyaye in Lagos or sango ota in Ogun state. I'm sure there are cheap hotels in that area as well, all the best

1 Like

Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by achorladey: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
effico:
*10 SHOCKING BIBLE VERSES ABOUT ‘YAHOO YAHOO’, FRAUD, PONZI SCHEME AND DISHONEST WAY OF GETTING MONEY*

The person who gets money dishonestly is like a bird that hatches eggs it didn’t lay. In the prime of life he will lose his riches, and in the end he is nothing but a fool.

Wealth from get-rich-quick schemes quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows over time.

Do not defraud or rob your neighbour. “‘Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight.

Greedy people try to get rich quick but don’t realize they’re headed for poverty.

But people who want to get rich keep toppling into temptation and are trapped by many stupid and harmful desires that plunge them into destruction and ruin.

Verse 10: For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, in their eagerness to get rich, have wandered away from the faith and caused themselves a lot of pain.

Woe to those who plan iniquity, to those who plot evil on their beds! At morning’s light they carry it out because it is in their power to do it. They covet fields and seize them, and houses, and take them. They defraud people of their homes, they rob them of their inheritance. Therefore, the LORD says: “I am planning disaster against this people, from which you cannot save yourselves. You will no longer walk proudly, for it will be a time of calamity.

Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death.

It is better to have a little, honestly earned, than to have a large income, dishonestly gained.

Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

It's never too late

What about this one from Ecclesiasticus 27: 1, 2

1. Many have cheated for gain; a money grubber will always turn a blind eye.

2. As a peg is fixed in the joint between stone, so dishonesty squeezes between selling and buying.

Not Ecclesiastes grin but Ecclesiasticus grin one of the books under the apocrypha.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by lomprico(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
rossovu:

Yes o, it doesn't at all, our politicians still get money and most of them go still die rich
and dem dey groove the stolen wealth till dem old
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by akdjr(m): 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
A book that claim God directed them to kill all male of a whole community and take away the Virgins the same community and keep for themselves. Yet so e people still want me to believe such book and live by it. Nonsense!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Loverboi2cute(m): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Nairaland.com scammers and fraudsters can you read this.
Few of you fraudsters don't like my mentor and role model dem MANNA for always telling you to do legit hustle and shun crime,
They always tell you that the sweat of the innocent people you have scammed will come to haunt you.

You see the Bible confirming dem MANNA comments.
No be dem talk am, na d Holy Bible.
Una no go ever end better lailai,
Again the Bible says , all of una go lose una stolen riches, cos in the end you are all fools.

Dem thieves and criminals.
Lazy pigs.

WETIN MAKE DIS ONE DEY PARA LIKE DIS

BABA ABEG OO...E BE LIKE SAY G BOYS DON DO YOU STRONG THING...ABI DEM GBA UR GIRLFRIEND FOR BROAD DAYLIGHT; HENCE THE REASON FOR THE OUTBURST... SORRY OO

U REFERING TO THEM AS "LAZY PIGS"; THERE'S MORE TO THAT THAN MEETS THE EYE...NO WONDER U HAVE TAKEN THE POST PERSONAL

NO BE ME MAKE UR GIRLFRIEND LEAVE U FOLLOW YAHOO BOY...NA UR POCKET NO MEASURE UP TO THEIRS... KPELE

MAKE I HEAR WORD FOR NAIRA LAND
DON'T DISTURB THE THREAD AGAIN

***LIGHTS UP KPOLI IN PEACE
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by tradepunter: 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Few of you fraudsters don't like my mentor and role model dem MANNA for always telling you to do legit hustle and shun crime,
They always tell you that the sweat of the innocent people you have scammed will come to haunt you.

Again the Bible says , all of una go lose una stolen riches, cos in the end you are all fools.

Lazy pigs.

Your mentor is worst... Always remember that the scriptures

When the righteous prosper, the people rejoices and when the wicked perishes there are shout of joy.

When this evil your mentor is supporting ends and finishes the calamity that bestow thou and their abode, will be Soo intense that it's only God that can intervene.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Adakintroy: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Nobody cares..the point is you will reap what you sow.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Adakintroy: 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
timesup234:
The United States of Amerikka has defrauded the world for over 240yrs with no single consequences. The wall street banker fraudsters stole over $50trillion from humanity in 2008 with no consequences. The criminal Banks were even bailed out. Over 42million people die annually in the world because of financial imperialism controlled by vampire America. Yet idiots Christians come here and talk about yahoo boys and drug dealers

A crook is a crook. We are not compareing two evil to see which is better..if they are stealing they are still doing good for the world. Why not emulate the good America. When hiltler was about ending and enslaving us it was not you who showed up. America is as good as they are bad. Copy the good. All around us good and evil exist we have capacity to choose. If you were a doctor and saving life's we won't be having this conversation. Be a good human. The person you are stealing from is in grieve That grieve will one day come to you. That's the summary. If you are inteligent go and work.

Stop having entitlement to someones labour. Imagine justifying why you should take someone money.

1 Like

Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by martinmiller: 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
As it reads many won't like it but it is the truth, and you will know the truth and the truth shall make you free. Set your self free today from that bondages of greediness and be liberated.

Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I (Jesus) will give you rest. Greed as caused alot of damage in our country of today and it will continue to spur to the fur if precautionary measures are not taking or rather for the government to begin to think deep on how to re evaluate and discuss economy policy that will lead the country through a progressive path.

By creating an enabling environment for business and education to thrive and for all Nigerian's to enjoy basic amenities and also the dividend of democracy. Take a stand and decision today to use where you are, that platform you have to create change and shun greediness. You are blessed
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
Odimma.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Donwis05: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

You are a lost Muslim. Of course in your evil religion its normal to lie for the dumb and non existent Allah, it is called Taquitta in Islam.

At least most preachers preach Jesus, so what do your terrorist imams and alfas do? Fight for the impotent and powerless Allah, right?

Afonja!
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by OMBIIGA: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
The above texts the Op quoted call for deep reflection in our monetary pursuits, as we journey through life. The key reminder for we all is that death is inevitable and the hour, season, time and circumstances of it's occurrence knowest non.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by iwatchandlisten(m): 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Good afternoon bro. Don't be too quick to rush to judgement. OP did NOT DISHONESTLY change Proverbs 13: 11 which states "Wealth from get-rich-quick schemes quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows over time." - He quoted from New Living Translation. He should have indicated the version of the Bible he is quoting from. When one studies the Bible it is advisable to crosscheck different versions to seek clearer understanding of the WORD.

Note it is not okay to use a lie or deliberately misrepresent the Bible to convince anybody of Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ is THE TRUTH. Any pastor who does that falls into those described in 2 Corinthians 11: 13 which states "These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ."(NLT)

See the dangers of doing that in Revelation 22:18-19 (New Living Translation) - 18 And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book.

19 And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Richvibes1997: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
effico:

It's never too late
let's be believing that yahoo is the problem of this country nonsense ingredients tongue
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Richvibes1997: 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Lazy pigs.
I don't do fraud, but you are a mumu man, tell your dumb government to provide jobs for those boys and see crime reduce
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Austema(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
LofiLogic:

I go send u 500

Brother happy sunday ,

please drop anyamount for me, there is hunger here.

(ZENITH

Please I need job, I lives in Abuja
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Richvibes1997: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
timesup234:
The United States of Amerikka has defrauded the world for over 240yrs with no single consequences. The wall street banker fraudsters stole over $50trillion from humanity in 2008 with no consequences. The criminal Banks were even bailed out. Over 42million people die annually in the world because of financial imperialism controlled by vampire America. Yet idiots Christians come here and talk about yahoo boys and drug dealers
guy oil the your head cool
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by rossovu: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
lomprico:

and dem dey groove the stolen wealth till dem old
Yes o, and their children go still continue the groove
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
dominique:

It's Lagos-Abeokuta expressway not badagry. Try to find a place to stay around alakuko, agbado-iyaye in Lagos or sango ota in Ogun state. I'm sure there are cheap hotels in that area as well, all the best
Wow, Lagos-Abeokuta expressway.. Which means the HR made a typo, huh. No qualms, thanks for the update and your wishes dominique. The Lord is my strength....
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
effico:

It's never too late

"Good one op, Righteousness2 no sabi this kind of preaching...na to dey look for bad news like "China is about to evade Japan" kind of news dey sweet am, so that him go con end am with "the world is coming to an end soon"... something his ancestors have been saying since 1540". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Excel3298: 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Please help us with those that talks about gambling.

I won know if sport betting is legit nah.

kiss embarassed cool
Re: 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud by Cantonese: 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Please read it again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic / The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) / MURIC Orders The Arrest Of Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.