Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (13854 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu's 61st Birthday Is Today / Tunde Idiagbon's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by benweezy: 9:35am On Nov 16, 2021
D hero, d fighter, d one of it kind, Nigeria missed you, Africa missed you, d world at Large missed you. may you continue to rest well sir.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ma373733(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2021
tujays:
What's giving you this self confidence that you're better than Hausa Fulanis in general and even having the guts to call them Nonentities? who are you madam Nonentity? who is your Father? all these frustrated Nairalanders go just dey find topic to pour out their frustrations. clownish lowlife... grin

Make I see you for heaven grin

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2021
Birthday my foot... angry
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Benitoh: 9:43am On Nov 16, 2021
drizslim:
I hope u keep burning in hades for rejecting Biafra

The man made a big mistake and at the same time bad decision.

No wonder his children can't walk freely with their heads up in igbo land today.

I salute ojukwu for his rare courage.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by od501: 9:47am On Nov 16, 2021
MsFaith:
What a great man!

Rest in peace sir.

Is that what they told you? He was a complete scam: a reward for his father's treachery by the British!! A greedy, puppet of a scum that should rot in hell for eternity.

Baba...don't just read anything they wrote for you, study your history, know whom yoir enemies are, and who you called your heroes.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by od501: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Nonsense posthumous birthday rubbish.

Posterity will never be kind to Azikiwe. He was in a better position to give the south easterners and south south their sovereign nation , but he was busy licking the ass of idiotic hausa fulanis. Assuming he did the needful, why on earth will i share a country with nonentities.

I know he's in pertual regret wherever he's now for rejecting Biafra

When we will mentioned the heroes in BIAFRALAND, Zik can never come close, he won't even be remembered.

He was a greedy western puppet who sold his people for money and firm, just like his father!! Generation of saboteurs!!
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by od501: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Baawaa:
See campaign table, gone are the days.
May he continues to rest in the bosom of the Lord.

He should wrath in he'll instead, just like his father.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by nurain150(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Contrary to history Ziki as my Grandpa will call him and Mr tafa were very corrupt people.

While Awolowo building the South.

Although his political ambition corrupted him.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by od501: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2021
Freezby2020:

Until u die u can't achieve half of his accomplishment, nor what he did for the betterment of the igbo as a nation.

Point at one igbo man that have surpassed the record of Great Zik, stupid as u re not one member of your family, living or dead has the record of the accomplishment of Dr. Azikwe.

Which accomplishment exactly?! If firm and riches are what I get for selling out my kinsmen, then I'd rather remain an average man. His so called accomplishments arw what him and his father has brought upon us today.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by generalud: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2021
The person that posted this info has done a great job, but he has not stated the salient points about Zik which are;
He was a student of Hope Waddel Training Institute- Calabar.
He ran away from school and left his iron box, his 12 spring mattress and hid himself in a ship that was going to USA. That is why if you go to museum at Calabar, the curator will show you his iron box and mattress.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 16, 2021
Feelings79:
The mistake you Igbos keep making is that until you drop this Biafra nonsense,your fortunes will continue to nosedive in Nigeria and Africa at large.The Igbos were a great people who were in the lead politically and economically upon indepence until the Nzeogwu coup and subsequent Biafra.Today, the Igbos have become the slaves of this country labouring for the Hausa, yorubas as traders all over the place.Yet you guys won't get sense

Big lol grin grin grin

Igbos slaves?

Even your hearts of hearts knows this is a lie. I wanted to ignore you but for the sake of visitors who might stumble on this post I chose to reply.

So being traders "everywhere" now translates to being slaves?

Bro abeg which school did you attend? You need to quickly return your certificate (that's if you have any) and apologize to the school for wasting their time and resources.

Funny nigga
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ghettokid1(m): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2021
Happy birthday legend
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AbuAeesha: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2021
TheGreatOne90:

They did it, just to be part of the government and for there own selfish interest.
hmm
i wish you have fair evidence for these assertions
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Chrisceejay: 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
mtcheeeew what next?
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by sooncornme(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
Abeg wetin be the name of those guys that hold the table lol
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Feelings79: 6:03am On Nov 17, 2021
DaveDGreat:

Big lol grin grin grin

Igbos slaves?

Even your hearts of hearts knows this is a lie. I wanted to ignore you but for the sake of visitors who might stumble on this post I chose to reply.

So being traders "everywhere" now translates to being slaves?

Bro abeg which school did you attend? You need to quickly return your certificate (that's if you have any) and apologize to the school for wasting their time and resources.

Funny nigga
Consider this: before the war,the first three millionaires were Igbo, with Sir Lois Ojukwu being the first wealthiest Nigerian.Infact, when the Queen of England was visiting pre indepence, the Nigerian government had to borrow his car which was the best as government herself couldn't afford it.The Igbos clearly dominated the economy then.A position the war took from them, with yorubas and Hausa now calling those shots.After the Buhari presidency it's natural that the East ascends the presidency, something which they are denying themselves in preference for a Biafra
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
Feelings79:
Consider this: before the war,the first three millionaires were Igbo, with Sir Lois Ojukwu being the first wealthiest Nigerian.Infact, when the Queen of England was visiting pre indepence, the Nigerian government had to borrow his car which was the best as government herself couldn't afford it.The Igbos clearly dominated the economy then.A position the war took from them, with yorubas and Hausa now calling those shots.After the Buhari presidency it's natural that the East ascends the presidency, something which they are denying themselves in preference for a Biafra

Bro even after the war, Igbos still have considerable strength in the economy of Nigeria. Igbos still make up a large amount of the middle class and even the upper class in Nigeria. Igbos still remain a force to reckon with in Nigeria whether you like it or not.

What politicians do is to bribe greedy Igbo politicians so they move in opposite directions to the will of their people.

Yes the Igbos might not be Presidents and I don't see that as being slaves. And yes, there's nothing wrong in agitating for a sovereign state especially one like Nigeria whose formation isn't by agreement amongst the constituent Nations.

You may need a better proof to show that Igbos are "slaves" in Nigeria.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Feelings79: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
DaveDGreat:

Bro even after the war, Igbos still have considerable strength in the economy of Nigeria. Igbos still make up a large amount of the middle class and even the upper class in Nigeria. Igbos still remain a force to reckon with in Nigeria whether you like it or not.

What politicians do is to bribe greedy Igbo politicians so they move in opposite directions to the will of their people.

Yes the Igbos might not be Presidents and I don't see that as being slaves. And yes, there's nothing wrong in agitating for a sovereign state especially one like Nigeria whose formation isn't by agreement amongst the constituent Nations.

You may need a better proof to show that Igbos are "slaves" in Nigeria.
okay, fine.It's good that you can be this fine in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by TheGreatOne90: 5:40am On Nov 18, 2021
AbuAeesha:

hmm
i wish you have fair evidence for these assertions
Non of them actually believed in nigeria before they died. They all admitted this before there deaths, yet they pursued project nigeria. Especially that useless zik, that was so obsessed with living in the same country with northerners . I mean zik, bello, balewa, awolowo e.t.c bunch of useless politicians looking for how to exploit there people
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AbuAeesha: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2021
TheGreatOne90:

Non of them actually believed in nigeria before they died. They all admitted this before there deaths, yet they pursued project nigeria. Especially that useless zik, that was so obsessed with living in the same country with northerners . I mean zik, bello, balewa, awolowo e.t.c bunch of useless politicians looking for how to exploit there people
wow!
we never see them as perfect creatures but the fact is they did what had to be done as at then,
sorry,i don't mean to be abusive,but where were ur forefather when Zik and co were leading this counrty??she should have given them better insight. were they sleeping??
if u can condemn all these people,then
there is no point arguing with you anymore.
WE HOPE FOR PEACE AND TRANQUILITY
GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by TheGreatOne90: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2021
AbuAeesha:

wow!
we never see them as perfect creatures but the fact is they did what had to be done as at then,
sorry,i don't mean to be abusive,but where were ur forefather when Zik and co were leading this counrty??she should have given them better insight. were they sleeping??
if u can condemn all these people,then
there is no point arguing with you anymore.
WE HOPE FOR PEACE AND TRANQUILITY
GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY
My great grand fathers were never politicians, and never believed in zik's grand illusion of one Nigeria. All zik was doing, was to portray himself as a true Nigerian and African great, at the expense of his own people. I have no respect whatsoever for zik. Before awolowo was released from prison by ojukwu, they both agreed that nigeria can not survive(which has been proven correct, by events of today) so every region had to go there separate ways. Awolowo agreed to declare oduduwa republic, but immediately he crossed over, he changed his tone, and joined the Nigeria side, after he was promised some juicy government position. So in other words, awolowo sacrificed his people's interest for some government appointment. Ahmadu bello is a well known ethnic bigot and this video will explain why it was very criminal of him, to pursue one Nigerian with people he clearly harbours so much hatred for. He doesn't even believe in fairness and merit, which is the major foundation of most successful countries. Lastly, you should have asked your father and grand father, why they never kicked against this abomination called Nigeria. They owe you an apology for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrJB7Lmx9I
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AbuAeesha: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2021
TheGreatOne90:

My great grand fathers were never politicians, and never believed in zik's grand illusion of one Nigeria. All zik was doing, was to portray himself as a true Nigerian and African great, at the expense of his own people. I have no respect whatsoever for zik. Before awolowo was released from prison by ojukwu, they both agreed that nigeria can not survive(which has been proven correct, by events of today) so every region had to go there separate ways. Awolowo agreed to declare oduduwa republic, but immediately he crossed over, he changed his tone, and joined the Nigeria side, after he was promised some juicy government position. So in other words, awolowo sacrificed his people's interest for some government appointment. Ahmadu bello is a well known ethnic bigot and this video will explain why it was very criminal of him, to pursue one Nigerian with people he clearly harbours so much hatred for. He doesn't even believe in fairness and merit, which is the major foundation of most successful countries. Lastly, you should have asked your father and grand father, why they never kicked against this abomination called Nigeria. They owe you an apology for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrJB7Lmx9I
my forefathers owe no one apology as being liberated from the shackle of direct and practical slavery/colonialism is enough to be satisfied with then.
you was born free and never know what it mean to be physically pshycologically exploited,
you have no idea.
did you know after the independence the country was running a kind of regional government(each region with their own premier) something like the restructuring some are clamoring for now,because even those fought for our independence knew we can't stay together.
but when the first military head of state took over he immediately abolished that system and established a unitary system.and since then we never find peace in unity.
this is just the fact
we dont need to start quoting but i have read extensively about the history of Nigeria.
you need to be fair to pple who took up certain resposibilities while others only sat and watch.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by TheGreatOne90: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2021
AbuAeesha:

my forefathers owe no one apology as being liberated from the shackle of direct and practical slavery/colonialism is enough to be satisfied with then.
you was born free and never know what it mean to be physically pshycologically exploited,
you have no idea.
did you know after the independence the country was running a kind of regional government(each region with their own premier) something like the restructuring some are clamoring for now,because even those fought for our independence knew we can't stay together.
but when the first military head of state took over he immediately abolished that system and established a unitary system.and since then we never find peace in unity.
this is just the fact
we dont need to start quoting but i have read extensively about the history of Nigeria.
you need to be fair to pple who took up certain resposibilities while others only sat and watch.
Yeah, aguiyi ironsi, is responsible for one of the biggest problems we are facing today. This brings me to what i have been arguing. Just the fact that we started with regional government and regional politics that played out then, simply shows that the so called founding fathers, knew from the onset, that we are not one and have no reason whatsoever, to be merged together as one country. Awolowo knows this, saurdana knows this, zik knows this, but they still went ahead put us into this misery. Mind you, the regions had option of going there separate ways, when we were given independence. Azikiwe particularly, was pushing for this useless one Nigerian. A man of his intellectual capability definitely knows better, but he choosed to pursue his personal goals. Can you mention 3 merits, that could have motivated azikiwe and co to pursue the one Nigerian project, as at then, upon all clear ethnic tension and signs of disunity ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Florence Ita-Giwa And Super Women Declare Support For Bola Tinubu / Press Release: INEC Okays Resumption Of Political Campaigns / “Buhari Has Achieved A Lot” - Remi Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.