Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC (12413 Views)

Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A / Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC / Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by faithfull18(f): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2021
On paper but in reality, reverse is what is obtainable.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Tochi3(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2021
Read this news carefully once more and u will see the confusion and cluelessness of the government.

There is no sense makes no meaning. Cant even pick anything worthy fron the whole statement

A total waste of time.

Believe this piece of shiit at ur own risk

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by matm: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2021
It's high time NERC starts punishing NEPA officials by sacking or surcharge over non compliance or else,it will lose its credibility as Nigerians now see it as a body dt is out to inflict punishment covertly on Electricity in the guise of customer rights protection.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by StagethemTVee: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
A government that tries so hard to usurp its citizens
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by alphaNomega: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
You keep saying this yet, you go out there and demand money before you install meters for customers.

Get away angry
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by alfred007(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2021
Nbotee:
When una go refund me the approximately #70k I paid for 3-phase meter 2yrs ago?

Hi, please how did u change the color of ur signature
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by ambale(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2021
Ambiguity leads to confusion

Just talk in normal terms, you are paying this amount or it's free, which one is under this or that programme

What if I'm not under the programme or what qualifies one to be under the programme

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Nbotee:

Can you tried to get injunction from the court to other the disco to stop billing indefinitely until they meter your premises while use without paying
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by FarahAideed: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2021
Nbotee:
.that thing is a scam ..it will never be refunded .
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Nbotee(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

Can you tried to get injunction from the court to other the disco to stop billing indefinitely until they meter your premises while use without paying

I have been metered, I paid almost 70k or so for it and the govt claimed they will be refunding
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Jonathan2Edirin(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2021
In the light of meter issues, my dad's area transformer has been marked for prepaid meter giving, since last year up till now no meter giving yet they bring bill to him his own flat 3 bedroom was given an estimated bill of 38,537 naira for September bill which he paid 15k, which I complained of and was told it's a general issue they will bring down the prize now October bill came out last week and he was given 61,702 as bill to pay, when I showed one of the BEDC guy the bill he shouted if it's a factory, he said he is confused with the bill that they will work on it and what's in my dad's house are fans, deep frizers, pumping machine for water, tv and I wonder how come they still pay 15k per month and am not talking of the two bedroom 2 flats and a bedsetter apartment bill which is an issue on its own....I can post the bills for confirmation so that the appropriate personnel can look into this matter, the area is in alegbo off pti road no 4 close to Bethesda gospel church, effurun, Delta state...my no 08066319486.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by CocoaOla: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2021
Nigeria government are Scammer
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by mmsen: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2021
Tell that to the power companies.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by tizteezy(m): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2021
Then refund the one I paid last year for single phase meter.

Don't angry me
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Movictop: 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Consumers are not only paying, they are buying it in high price. Who is decieving who?
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by romero(m): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
1. The major reason the Discos shared free meters under the Mass metering program is to Collect Outstanding accumulated debts on assumptions or estimated Billings.

Debts from estimated bills were thereafter transferred to prepaid meters. You then pay as u buy units monthly.

This is the major reason most houses with new bills or Without accumulated debts were not given free meter.

2. Similarly, the Discos increased electricity tariff again by more than 100% Immediately these prepaid meters were shared. N1k unit which was 34 klwts Became 14.9 klwts . With N2,500 u will get 100 units b4 ; but now N7,000 gives u 100 units.

3. Using prepaid meter doesn’t pay again these days bcs of my No 2 point above
Unfortunately, we are hearing a rumor the Discos want to increase charges on estimated bills to N24,000 from N11,800 to force people to buy their exorbitant prepaid meters tru MAP
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Sleep dey worry who said this! For naija and Almighty electricity people na fake news.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Tokskob2008: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
This guys are liars...

The best they can do is give free 100units on the metre and not the 70k worth of token they are claiming.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Nwaezepbebe(f): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Please does any one have.an idea on how to go about getting a prepaid meter in Lagos specifically around ikeja -iyana ipaja side
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Temi2468: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=Abboki post=107667256][/quote]

You just poured out my mind!
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Anytask: 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
romero:

1. The major reason the Discos shared free meters under the Mass metering program is to Collect Outstanding accumulated debts on assumptions or estimated Billings.

Debts from estimated bills were thereafter transferred to prepaid meters. You then pay as u buy units monthly.

This is the major reason most houses with new bills or Without accumulated debts were not given free meter.

2. Similarly, the Discos increased electricity tariff again by more than 100% Immediately these prepaid meters were shared. N1k unit which was 34 klwts Became 14.9 klwts . With N2,500 u will get 100 units b4 ; but now N7,000 gives u 100 units.

3. Using prepaid meter doesn’t pay again these days bcs of my No 2 point above
Unfortunately, we are hearing a rumor the Discos want to increase charges on estimated bills to N24,000 from N11,800 to force people to buy their exorbitant prepaid meters tru MAP

What type of meters did the Federal Govt. Make provision for, under the NMMP?

ENUGU Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) were distributing Postpaid Meters during the first phase of the Federal Gov. Mass Metering Programme.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Hkff: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Handsum64: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Grace001:
Failed country run by confused government..

@ 61 years still talking about giving out electricity meters to consumers, with epileptic power supply.

It’s only in Nigeria you see PHCN officials going around with ladder to disconnect power from defaulter consumers.
Are you normal?
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Are the people in Government in Nigeria mad or what?

Which kin uselses statement be this?

I've never seen anyone in Lagos or Ibadan collecting meter for free.

I collected two meters for free and i wish i had registered earlier, i would have collected 8 free meters. People in my vicinity collected for free.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by tola1006: 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Are the people in Government in Nigeria mad or what?

Which kin uselses statement be this?

I've never seen anyone in Lagos or Ibadan collecting meter for free.

There are several people being issued for free,I personally know quite a number in my neighborhood
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC by ericmor: 11:06am On Nov 18, 2021
WibusJaga:

This country sef! Always another cup of tea to implement what is written on paper.
That was how I paid for 3 electric poles +cables to connect my house which of course became NEPA property. & they still came afterwards to extort 10k per pole.

Lol. Even why you are trying to get the metre self they still ask you to open account for the metre and still ask u to activate the account and start charging for metre they have not even installed for u why u are still buying unit on the metre u are shearing with your neighbour. They must sha find a way to swindle people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dan Bokolo Fines Zamfara Communities Millions For Providing Information To Army / Tinubu Congratulates Senegalese President-Elect, Diomaye Faye / Strike: NRC Directs Shutdown Of Abuja-Kaduna, Lagos-Ibadan, Warri Train Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.