Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,407 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Hamilton For A Third Way Activist Center To Development - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hamilton For A Third Way Activist Center To Development (133 Views)

A Korean Acupuncture Center To Boost Nigerian Immune Systems / Gov. Soludo Visits Awka Correctional Center To Mark His Birthday With Inmates / Nigeria And The Challenge To Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hamilton For A Third Way Activist Center To Development by muskanmuffleit: 9:49am On Nov 16, 2021
A comment by David Brooks, the conservative Op-Ed columnist in the progressive New York Times, on Charlie Rose on the need for Americans to have a new look at their own political traditions, particularly Alexander Hamilton to help resolve the crisis, inspired this short post.

Framer Hamilton’s concept of strong government as well as the philosophy of pragmatism, this pragmatism my take, brought America from the post Civil War era to global leadership in the 21st century but both seem lost in the noise of extreme political discourse today.

Read more-dark iron dwarf name generator

David Brooks is a credible thinker and I am happy that my thoughts are aligned to his on the issues of institutional reforms for development.

Context for change from a Third Way Activist Center

Alexander HamiltonAs I first commented in a SYNTHESiST post on the first Inquirer Presidential Debate on February 8, 2010, the present American political gridlock comes from the fissure between fixed positions from both ends of the spectrum in ideological disputes and the American checks-and-balance system.

David Brooks is suggesting that revisiting the ideas of the post Civil War era that was the start point of American global leadership may be worth doing.

While some parties tend to instinctively demonize the American system, variations of their philosophy of democratic capitalism still represents, to me, the quickest hope for inclusive development based on the successful development experiences of Japan, Germany, South Korea, Taiwan and now China.

A thread of thought on social innovation of political institutions

This post appends to the immediate previous one(#315) on Pragmatism and Modern Industrial Policy to Refresh the Global Economy and precedes a long, and related post, on the PNoy Administration and its public-private partnership.

This post, in turn, rests on a previous post on campaign finance and Huntington-Fukuyama thought (#313), Social Innovation in Campaign Finance to Boost the Art of Associating, on need on need for social innovation for program-based political parties as firm base for institutional change.

Discovering a new combination from political traditions
While American, I find this issue if pragmatism and strong government relevant because I have been looking for political threads that Filipinos can be comfortable with , thus American for us.

This recombined political traditions must also consistent with our need to achieve consensus for change to achieve development that is inclusive but at the same time provides incentives for discovered economic locomotives in modern industrial policy.

The traditions ought to be activist and centrist. It has to have a demonstrated proof of success. I think it was useful for America as an emerging nation and in modern times in the successful modern industrial policy as can be noted from the SYNTHESiST country case studies of Japan, Germany, South Korea, Taiwan and now China.

I currently use all the tools in the Peak Performance Course to eliminate mistakes. And I'm getting better and better. I used to make 3-4 mistakes in 200 hands, and now its just 2 major mistakes in one hand. And quite often I don't make any.

Perhaps soon, such mistakes will be a thing of the past.

keep knowing-dark iron dwarf name generator

So what's the point and how does this relate to trading? Well, it all relates to your efficiency as a trader. How many mistakes do you make and what does it cost you? Poker is a good way to look at this because 200 hands in a few hours probably is equavalent to 200 trades in terms of the opportunity to make mistakes.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Set A Mindset To Succeed / How To Find The Best Work Shoes For Pharmacists / Laboratory Equipment Calibration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.