Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why most fashion entrepreneurs don't make sales.. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why most fashion entrepreneurs don't make sales.. (456 Views)

Top Most Fashion Designers In Benin City / 7 Most Fashion-improved Nigerian Celebrities / 1 Million Naira Opportunity For Fashion Entrepreneurs In #flexxyourcreativity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why most fashion entrepreneurs don't make sales.. by Timagex(m): 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello folks. smiley My name is Adekola taiwo. I am a portrait,fashion and wedding photographer based in Ibadan, Nigeria. My portrait and fashion Instagram handle is @timagex photography. My wedding page is @bridal clicks. smiley

Nigeria is a country blessed with both human and natural resources. The 'normal' "white collar job" way of life began to die down some years ago and entrepreneurship grew. These days, it is not a new thing to see youths who are into fashion designing, makeup artistry, photography, accessory supply, e.t.c.

Now, the problem seems to be that, there has been an influx of 'creatives' in the industry and as such, some people are struggling to make sales.

So, I did a little research and discovered some issues I feel I need to share. I must admit that, I am not a master on this subject and as such, the list of the issues is inexhaustible. Entrepreneurs in the house can also add helpful inputs. We are all trying to grow. cool

1. BRAND IMPRESSION & VISIBILITY : I have noticed that, most fashion entrepreneurs have a wrong perception of impression. What I mean is that, they think their brand is defined by what they say it is. Wrong!! shocked Your brand is defined by what people say it is. cool You might have a why statement, values, a voice and good branding, but, all these won't amount to anything if you create the wrong impression about your brand. How does your brand look on the outside visually? There are some entrepreneurs that do not even have professionally taken photographs of their products and services. You cannot expect premium clients to hire you when you have poorly taken photographs of your services. Trust me. Contact @timagex photography if you are an entrepreneur and you need images you will be proud of. cool

2. KNOWING WHO YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMER IS : This was one of the mistakes I used to make personally. I just post random pictures and think clients will come for me. cool if you are an events photographer, focus on selling yourself to event planners, if you make or sell baby wears, antenatal clinic is your office, etc. Know who your customer is sell and look for them.

3. BEING A JACK OF ALL TRADES : Honestly, I will not take you serious if you are a musician, a photographer, a caterer, and a part time carpenter. Common!! grin grin Have you noticed that, people prefer to give their Mercedes Benz to a mechanic who SPECIALIZES in only Mercedes Benz cars? If you must combine, combine related genres and do them separately. An example here, I combine portrait and fashion photography with wedding photography. cool The IG page is @bridal clicks. Check it out. BE SPECIFIC.

4. PRIDE: These days, everybody is a CEO. grin Even, people who sell only bathroom slippers on WhatsApp. grin I have noticed a sense of pride in Nigerian entrepreneurs. Most of us are proud and full of ourselves. That is why most people don't grow. Some people don't even do collaborations. Get over yourself sir and ma.

5. NOT DOING COLLABORATIONS : I cannot even stress this enough. Whether you are a photographer, a makeup artist, a fashion designer, etc, collaborations will improve your networking game and put you out there.

6 LATE REPLY TO MESSAGES AND INQUIRIES: Have you ever tried to buy something online and the seller or the provider of the service did not reply your messages on time? undecided Some people do not pick calls, they do not call back, they don't reply DMS, they don't reply messages and all. The impression you give people about you is unavailability and un seriousness. Nobody wants to hire unreliable brands.

I will take a pause here. cool. Kindly add your inputs. The goal is to grow. Thank you.

cc lalasticlala
Mynd 44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why most fashion entrepreneurs don't make sales.. by Timagex(m): 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
This was a photoshoot done for jk couture. Location was university of Ibadan. cool

1 Share

Re: Why most fashion entrepreneurs don't make sales.. by Timagex(m): 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
This photoshoot was done to promote the fashion designers skill at making kaftans.

1 Share

Re: Why most fashion entrepreneurs don't make sales.. by Timagex(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Good pictures enhance visibility. cool

As captured by @timagex photography for @jk couture.

1 Share

Re: Why most fashion entrepreneurs don't make sales.. by Timagex(m): 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
Not posting your work consistently can also make you look like an unserious entrepreneur.

I'm a portrait and wedding photographer. cool

(1) (Reply)

Latest Ankara Skirts Every Fashionista Should Wear / Gel Bag / Sewing Tools That Makes Sewing Easier And Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.