Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Leading Indicator States For Progress In Nigerian Governance (on State Level) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leading Indicator States For Progress In Nigerian Governance (on State Level) (720 Views)

Lagos: Governance On A Free Fall, By Adekoya Boladale / PDP Lauds Judgment On ‘state Of Lagos’ / Anambra Forum For Progress Of Our State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leading Indicator States For Progress In Nigerian Governance (on State Level) by silverstud: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
It would appear to me that there are certain states within each region that act as leading indicators as to how the Governance of that region is going. As every tribalist on Nairaland seems to think that their region is superior to everyone else's, please pay attention to how the following states are being governed as a parameter for judging success within your region in the next 4 years;

SouthEast - Anambra State not Enugu is the heart of the region and until Anambra gets it right the SouthEast will not progress much.

SouthWest - Oyo State not Lagos is the heart of the region and until Oyo gets it right the SouthWest region will not progress much.

SouthSouth - Delta State not Rivers is the heart of the region and until Delta gets it right the SouthSouth region will not progress much.

NorthCentral - Plateau State is the most important NorthCentral State. I believe that Once Plateau is working most if not all NorthCentral states will be working (if i may borrow from Fashola's Slogan).

NorthWest - Although Kaduna is the political capital, i believe Kano is more important. If there is effective governance in Kano, the NorthWest will benefit entirely.

NorthEast - This region is a little bit tricky for me. I like to think that their fortunes are tied with the NorthWest, but since they are mostly Kanuri (diff from Hausa/Fulani). My thinking is that there needs to be a state that acts as a leading indicator for the region. I will go with two states Adamawa and Taraba. I do not think that either is more important when compared.

Lagos, PortHarcourt, Enugu, Kaduna, Abuja are states that have SeaPorts, Airports, Population, Major Government/Education Institutions and as such should be expected to ahead of the rest.

Whatyathink?
Re: Leading Indicator States For Progress In Nigerian Governance (on State Level) by edoyad(m): 4:08am On Jun 08, 2011
silverstud:

It would appear to me that there are certain states within each region that act as leading indicators as to how the Governance of that region is going. As every tribalist on Nairaland seems to think that their region is superior to everyone else's, please pay attention to how the following states are being governed as a parameter for judging success within your region in the next 4 years;

SouthEast - Anambra State not Enugu is the heart of the region and until Anambra gets it right the SouthEast will not progress much.
Might be right, but commercially i'd go with Abia state as the driver of the region

SouthWest - Oyo State not Lagos is the heart of the region and until Oyo gets it right the SouthWest region will not progress much.
This is where i totally disagree with you. How's it possible to consider Oyo state ahead of lagos when it comes to the engine driving the southwest ? There're probably atleast a million people from each southwest state based in lagos if we look thoroughly. The ACN machine is greased with money from lagos BTW

SouthSouth - Delta State not Rivers is the heart of the region and until Delta gets it right the SouthSouth region will not progress much.
Another mis-cue, Delta might pump out more crude than Rivers state but there is no way in heaven's carnation i'd rate Delta ahead of rivers. I wouldn't even consider Delta ahead of porthacourt commercially
[/quote]

[quote]

NorthCentral - Plateau State is the most important NorthCentral State. I believe that Once Plateau is working most if not all NorthCentral states will be working (if i may borrow from Fashola's Slogan).
I agree with you here though, plateau state is vital to the progress of the region but the distance between the states poses a challenge

to be contd.
Re: Leading Indicator States For Progress In Nigerian Governance (on State Level) by EzeUche1(m): 4:14am On Jun 08, 2011
edoyad:

Might be right, but commercially i'd go with Abia state as the driver of the region

That is true. Igboland cannot be truly great until the Abia situation is solved. Until then, the commercial potential will be left untapped. undecided
Re: Leading Indicator States For Progress In Nigerian Governance (on State Level) by silverstud: 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
My Exact point is that Outside of the Big Cities (Lagos, PortHarcourt, Enugu, Kaduna , etc), which for reasons i have mentioned are supposed to be ahead of the rest. The states i will be watching will actually give you a true sample group, which can be used to judge proper governance on the local, and state level. If these states can get it right, things will start to look up on the national level.

(1) (Reply)

Western Niger Of Nigeria Should Bid And Host The Africa Nation Cup In 2013 / Steer Clear Of Politics, Okorocha Warns Monarchs / Four Inec Officials In Ekiti Charged With Ballot Paper Manipulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.