Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour (1011 Views)

Police Nab Fake Doctor After Working 10 Years With FG / Photo of 60yr Old Pastor Arrested With Hard Drugs Worth N609m At Lagos Airport / Woman Hides Late Brother’s Skeleton In Wardrobe For Two Years In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by sprezatura(m): 11:35am On Jul 26, 2007
I know this is no major news as its normal for nigerians in foreign countries to do worldcup years in prison, but this case is particurlaly annoying cos of the accused's dumb nature, imprisonment in Gambia is not like galo in america or jand and it aint robben island either, its more like a mix of prisons in siberia, thailand and Kirikiri. The fucka was so dumb the Judge doubted his Nationality, he was so sure Nigerians couldnt be as dumb as using the Judge's next door neighbour as his office address. His offence, attempting to travel to sweden with false papers, its almost normal for Nigerians outside nigeria to that, but only smart ones attempt such.

My Man is in a prison on an Island of the coast of Gambia shelling and planting rice for 9-5 now, his family dont know a thing about this and His embassy has no records of him, how do you help such a dumb character in a land every one is weary of Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by MILITIA(f): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2007
Your source please!!!!!! tongue-------doing Seun's work!!!!!! I think you will hear from him soon with an angry icon demanding the source of your story!!!!!! So let me save you a step!!!!! kiss
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by nana(f): 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2007
MILITIA:

Your source please!!!!!! tongue-------doing Seun's work!!!!!! I think you will hear from him soon with an angry icon demanding the source of your story!!!!!! So let me save you a step!!!!! kiss
It happened in his area/on his street.
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by MILITIA(f): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2007
In Gambia grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by nana(f): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2007
Yup.
i didnt say so
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by egoldman(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2007
Contact amnesty office in the Gambia and provide them whatever info u have about his case .
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by sprezatura(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2007
Militia what source do you need, i know the guy, and yes in The Gambia. The guy committed the crime so amnesty international wont do shit and besides how do you help a person that acts like a retard. If anyone knows a liitle about law and rights you could advise on what to do.
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by nana(f): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2007
Hmm, my guess was kinda right cheesy
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by sprezatura(m): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2007
nana woulda thanked you for your suport but i sense some kind of sarcasm in your replies, hope im the wrong one
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by simplyme3(f): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2007
I think u are as dumb.
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by egoldman(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2007
sprezatura:

Militia what source do you need, i know the guy, and yes in The Gambia. The guy committed the crime so amnesty international wont do shit and besides how do you help a person that acts like a retard. If anyone knows a liitle about law and rights you could advise on what to do.

I think its better to leave the legal aspect of how he was prosecuted to the amnesty people as that is their are of specialization , do you known if the guy have adequate legal representative during his trial ? do you know if the judge had erred with his sentence ?what about appeal? i dont mean the guy is right to have forged his passport , but there are several complex aspect of legal stuff that needs only the experts to deal with it .
So don't rule out if amnesty international would help him or not , in stuff like this u need to exhaust all legal opportunities b4 concluding that all hope is lost .The have helped people get better outcome in cases even more serious than this .
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by nana(f): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2007
sprezatura:

nana woulda thanked you for your suport but i sense some kind of of sarcasmin your replies, hope im the wrong
Dont mind my dry jokes pls. But it would be better if u give us a link to where u got the story from.

simply_me:

I think u are as dumb.
Who?
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by sprezatura(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2007
Nana theres no link, some nigerian community crap, anyway he's on his own now, all man for himself
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by egoldman(m): 2:00am On Jul 29, 2007
sprezatura:

all man for himself

Thats part of our problem .
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by mukina2: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Author

you can get a link for ur story ,if you chenc the major newspapers websites

thepoint, or Observer undecided check dere . .didnt see this one on tv though . cuz they normally show this things on tv tongue
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by Seun(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2007
Is he innocent of the crime? If not, then why should he not be imprisoned? He will survive; it's just 2 years.
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2007
He's just planting rice,that is no prison.
They're just teaching him how to work with his hands. grin and eat of the fruit of his labour grin

hopefully they give him some of the jollof that comes out of it
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by mukina2: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2007
lol . . grin They are helping na .  President says back to the land . no one is left out grin
Re: Nigerian Gets Two Years With Hard Labour by sprezatura(m): 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2007
Seun i guess he as guilty as other ilegal immigrants all over the world, Polish, Romanian, Gambian or Nigerian. The term without the option of fine which is the norm in Gambia is the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Somalia Militants Stone Raped Girl To Death / Nigerian Arrested Over Us Identity Theft Scam / Thug Who Slit Cop's Throat Jailed For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.