Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) (44095 Views)

Beautiful sights and pictures from IBADAN city!!! / Top Ten Most Populated Countries In Africa (Facts And Pictures) / Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by bergs2: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Which one is Ubangi?
What happened to Nile, Niger, Siliva(Senegal), Congo, Orange, Limpopo, Zambeze(Zambezi) we used to sing growing up then

Hahahahaha!!!
Some of them dried up.
Lol
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by gentleguy1975: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
Sunisonflex39:

Oga they said Africa..not America
if you read the post you would have seen where he wrote River Nile as being the longest.Anyway I have confirmed the Nile to be the longest just as op rightly said

2 Likes

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by femi4: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:
Back then in the days.. nursery School sweet jhoor

Some rivers in Africa are...

9Nile, Niger... Benue... Congo... Orezi Orange... Hippolimpopo... Zambezi

Rhymes from my nursery days..

Spell checkers pls do the needful
Na una dey sing rubbish for school assembly

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by masseratti: 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
GodIsBiafran:
Biafra cometh and the children of hate shiver in their dreams.
what that F is Biafra in igbo language? Must every thread be about Biafra? Why can't we just be humans and enjoy the post without tribal bashing?
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by G450: 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

9 Niger... Benue... Congo... Orezi... Hippo... Zambezi

this is how my fellow legends and i were singing it then...Nile Niger...Benue...Congo... Oranji...Lipopo ... Zamboza

2 Likes

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Halo22: 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Orezi abi orange... The rivers mentioned in nursery School then we're; Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo, Orange, Limpopo and Zambezi.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Prayfortheworld: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
GodIsBiafran:
Biafra cometh and the children of hate shiver in their dreams.
No be lie nwa chineke

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by femi4: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
Halo22:
Orezi abi orange... The rivers mentioned in nursery School then we're; Nile, Niger, Senegal Benue, Congo, Orange, Limpopo and Zambezi.
Teacher Don't teach us nonsense
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Halo22: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
femi4:
Senegal z there oga.... River Benue was not even mentioned during that time.

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Bbqekpa: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Nile Niger...
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by femi4: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Halo22:
Senegal z there oga.... River Benue was not even mentioned during that time.
Go back to nursery abeg

Our generation used "Benue" in place of "Senegal"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Wills083: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Oga is Nile,Niger,Benue,Congo, Orange, Limpopo, Zambezi �
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by GodIsBiafran: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
masseratti:
[s]what that F is Biafra in igbo language? Must every thread be about Biafra? Why can't we just be humans and enjoy the post without tribal bashing?[/s]

Fixed. Try again. This time use your brain.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by KoshCAD: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Indomie generations no fit know this song.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Testimony1988(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
Very educative.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by dasparrow: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
Very informative though I knew this information already. Good job OP.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by OnyeMmeri: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Not complete and devoid of facts. Where is Senagal river, Orange river and Limpopo river?
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by nothingspoil70: 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Orange... Lipompo...Zambezi. all of them are rivers in our mother Africa
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Lucky4real28(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
Op, River niger doesn’t flow through some of the countries you listed, it takes its source from the Guinea Highland and flows through Mail, Niger, a little of Benin then Nigeria and to the sea in the Niger delta.
Odewaleadesoye:

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Bekeey: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
What of Ngene River, tributary nollywood river
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by FashionCookie(f): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Lol...no b only Orezi na Isoko. grin
Hippopo? Limpopo...hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Lily4star(f): 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2021
What I remember then is,

Nile, Niger, Benue, Congo, Volta, Senegal, Orange, Limpopo, Zambezi.

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Pavillon: 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
Guyman02:
Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo, Orange, Limpopo, Zambezi.
Old G's here will recall this rhyme about the rivers in Africa that year cheesy
Nile, Niger, Benue, Congo, orange l, limpopo, Zambezi.

Where Senegal take enter
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by tonyashburton: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nile,Niger,Congo,Senegal,Orange,Limpopo,
Zambezi.
Miracood2:

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Pavillon: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
KoshCAD:
Indomie generations no fit know this song.
Seven rivers in Africaaaaaa
Seven Rivers in Africaaaa

Nile, Niger, Benue Congo orange limpopo Zambezi....
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Guyman02: 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pavillon:

Nile, Niger, Benue, Congo, orange l, limpopo, Zambezi.

Where Senegal take enter
Meanwhile, River Benue is a tributary of River Niger. We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by CaptainFM1: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Get the words correct bro....
First, it's "Nile" not 9.

Some rivers in Africa are:
Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo,
Orange and Limpopo, Zambezi!
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Kingluqman(m): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

No be only Orezi, na Skibbi grin

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by CaptainFM1: 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
femi4:

The Original mention by the composer is "Senegal". The idea is to mention one river/tributary in Africa.

And mind you, it's a rhyme that kids from many countries sing. It's not only for Nigeria.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Femi316: 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
All this one na stream
ideatoprince18:
What of Oji river

What of imo river

What of Urash river

What of Umunwa river

This is OJORO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG / Family Of 5 Escapes Without A Scratch After Trailer Crushes Car In Jos / Some Dangerous Ways African Migrants Illegally Enter Europe [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.