Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman (17961 Views)

I Feel Ashamed Nigerian Professors Earn Less Than $1000 A Month - TETFund Boss / 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Benz2020: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2021
Wayray reee oooo

chloride6:
416k can't even pay for a flat of N1.5m with 3 month's salary.

Suffer head..

ASUU should strike till Jesus come back..

cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Dottore: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2021
Which kain country be this. So they earn less than 1,000 dollars a month after all the research and hypes and publications and lots of emphasis attached to Education. Shit hole country indeed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Kuriosmynd: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2021
donestk:
What are they professying?
You sure say u enter university so
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Dottore: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2021
Samsam50r:
Ok
Give to your family members. Don't you want them to be rich?
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by zinaunreal(m): 10:34am On Nov 17, 2021
So they are supposed to swallow all the money because they are professors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Annie001: 10:34am On Nov 17, 2021
Sell your fathers land and stake on it, abi you no like better thing?
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by rollandben(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2021
All professors are crazy, when y u receives 416,000 per month, with all the illegal income coming for you from the poor masses, what would you say about poeple that receives 30k as minimum wages? If the country is good, is 416k not more than enough to receive!!!
God is about to punish you all.
They are shouting 416k like it was #416.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by seyz91(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2021
cheesy
Judolisco:
kai and a ssce holding senator dey earn 30m.....
no wonder dem dey always vex
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 17, 2021
cry cry cry cry cry cry
What of PANTAMI?
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Mayeldah(m): 10:36am On Nov 17, 2021
These same people are the ones that collate and manipulate election results for politicians without certificates

They are not serious yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Chillypelly(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2021
Wahala!

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 17, 2021
Mayeldah:
These same people are the ones that collate and manipulate election results for politicians without certificates

They are not serious yet
CORRECT!
Some did so too under coercion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by OkukoIgbo: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2021
Fools, you teach nonsense and still earn that big. Na police men and the military that is suppose to earn up to 1000000 naira as starting ooo. You guys are worthless even my father that is a lecturer.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by adeoba2008(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2021
What of the morning they are making from teaching in more than one institution? They are still going to sell compulsory textbooks to students.
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Cokahot: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2021
They should be earning at least 4kusd a month. Do the maths
Aside that it's a big amount to sustain any lifestyle u wan choose. 416k minus 150k. A month. Come and see profs driving glk,highlander,rav 4 2013 model,lexus IS, tbo dem suppose dey earn close to 1.5m a month. Civil servant na war. Go to uniben and see profs running things in b.i.u,okada,u.i. u sef go feel say na yahoo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by drlaykay(m): 10:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Nonybb:
More than my salary as a CHEMISTRY TEACHER AT A SECONDARY SCHOOL in Dubai
So because you are in Dubai teaching chemistry, you feel you can compare yourself to a professor?!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Judithjovial(f): 10:51am On Nov 17, 2021
Good for them, when some of them were forming demi gods and fucking randomly forgetting to upgrade the curriculum or even do research and left the society in the hands of our political rogues now they're awake. Good morning to you profs grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by captainamiedi1: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2021
Praktikals:
The government should improve their package but also stop them from teaching in more than one institution.

Most Nigerian lecturers only do audio researches.

With 416k how do you expect them to teach in one institution? Nor be person when don pay light bill they do research? they still competite within themselves. so its all about extorting students and teaching in many institution where they only show up 3 times a semester. The education is a mess and Buhari is saying Nigeria schools are good that's why our students are doing well abroad. The man is just not okay

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by tjcare4u2005(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2021
Another Lai Mohammad in Nigeria ��
You are a liar, sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Hallabee1(m): 10:54am On Nov 17, 2021
chloride6:
416k can't even pay for a flat of N1.5m with 3 month's salary.

Suffer head..

ASUU should strike till Jesus come back..

cheesy grin

Aje....

you are right, that why i stick to my own work cus i earn more than that, but they need to be paid more than that.... to low, but may God help us all
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Chris525: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2021
You know this. Only mumus believe them. Were they not aware of the salary before they applied for the job? Are they all not earning extra from teaching in multiple schools and running various professional & certificate courses as well as DLI & satellite programs on campus? In some schools they have free accommodation as well.

Something they would never try in the private sector. There are people earning about the same or even less in private unis, they hardly complain. One its govt. we lose our sense or reasoning & belonging.

This same country that is borrowing to pay the so-called 416, 000. You see why politicians don’t really care? We don’t want a better nation or system, we mostly just want enough money to buy cars & marry multiple wives.

If they tell you how much the govt spends on these people for foreign study programs and research grants yet what is there to show? Nothing!

Even the days when people were schooling in thatch classes and jakande style classes education was much better. Yet these ones will tell you govt has to spend billions before they can do their jobs. Maybe in STEM courses I can understand but what about law, economic, accounting, insurance, admin etc. what billions in equipment & facilities are needed to teach these courses. These same courses people study online these days.

Shame.

saintgp:
This must b the lai mohammed of ASUU.

Uniben professors as I was told back den (2015) were ending #500,000 and above.

Public/civil servants/politicians are in the habit of lying about their salaries.
Know this and know peace.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Lordbinsmar: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2021
Praktikals:
The government should improve their package but also stop them from teaching in more than one institution.

Most Nigerian lecturers only do audio researches.

How do you expect them to do quality research with the stupid package they earn?

Quality research needs funding.

My undergraduate project supervisor is a world know researcher in the application of nanofluids to cooling. When I got closer to him, I understand the plights of these lecturers, most of them are not happy with angrytheir job, they fund most of their research from their own pocket.

My supervisor spend millions of naira from his own pocket to buy work stations in his simulation lab.

Now imagine such person been owe his salary due to stupid government policies.

My advice to any person who desire a career in academics is to leave this country. This country is not the right place for any serious academics.

Also teaching in multiple institutions is a norm in the academic world.

These guys are top guys in their field.

My project supervisor is an MIT fellow and has published paper with the likes of Proffesor Jp Meyer.

You don't expect such proffesional to teach in a single institution.

Their expertise are needed all over the world.

Nigeria is a wrong place for most of the Nigerian academics.

Polithiefcians have really destroyed this country. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by mployer(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2021
The minimum wage in this country is 30k.

416k isn't a small amount.

The people earning 30k have families too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2021
sinkhole:

https://punchng.com/nigerian-professors-dont-earn-more-than-n416000-unilag-ASUU-chairman/?amp

With your knowledge, experience and exposure, your salary ought to be 10% or less of your total income if you know what you are doing and you have something valuable to offer the society

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Pedyson: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2021
And even though they are paid 1m
What values and economy benefits are they to this down turn country?
How hv they even impacted the country apart from teaching?
#Just a question tho
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Aksnoopy: 11:01am On Nov 17, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Nigeria will never be better because the majority of Nigerians are selfish and only in it for themselves. The Nigerian dream is to be able to oppress and stunt on your neighbors, people in your hometown, friends, fellow parishioners, old classmates in your WhatsApp group.

We say the politicians are corrupt. But the immigration people who Jack up the prices of passports or make you wait 6 months are not politicians . The people who were letting VIPs cut the queue to get their vaccines are not politicians. We that happily take advantage of this are not politicians.

When your goal is to oppress your neighbor, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have light when you have a gen. Maybe even a big diesel powered one. It doesn’t matter if you have bad roads when you have an SUV and he’s in his Camry. It doesn’t matter that they haven’t paid you salary since you managed to get some nice trads for thanksgiving in Church this month on credit from your tailor. Lagos is a fucking joke, people will be doing red carpet for events where they have to step over an open gutter full of a fetching reeking dark green miasma. Paying $5m for a penthouse apartment so you can see people shit in the lagoon. Building estates with bizarre, untrue names Harcourt Gardens with 1 strip of grass as greenery, while the next door community live in a slum. Even when they manage to come home without getting jammed, shot, stabbed, robbed or kidnapped, or maybe crushed by a trailer. They are not angry that these things happened but instead thank God. Their God being better than the one the poor dead or abducted bastard worshipped. Plot twist they went to the same church.

Not enough people find this bad, and those that do realise this and have left. Anyway sha, Nigeria is like a cockroach, it’ll keep living, even without a head
No better way to describe this useless country.

13 years ago when I travelled to Benin Republic for the very first time as a teen, i realised that Nigeria is an irredeemable shit hole.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Wettoid123: 11:01am On Nov 17, 2021
nigeria professors should just go and hide themselves in shame tell me what are they contributing to the govt their counter part in other countries are going into daily research of what will add value into the economy but our here are fighting for increment of salary, during the scurge of covid 19 last year huge sum were giving out to our professors to carry out research but up till now what have dey come up with?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Realdeals(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2021
But some of them aid unscrupulous politicians to attain public office during election.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by BigYash: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2021
ignis:
And I just got a lecturing job with a federal university as a GA.... Maybe I should just decline the offer.
You will enjoy it when Nigeria is redeemed from terrorists. Embrace the offer my nigga,you're not gonna regret it. You gerrit?
Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Lordbinsmar: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Pedyson:
And even though they are paid 1m
What values and economy benefits are they to this down turn country?
How hv they even impacted the country apart from teaching?
#Just a question tho

It's quite obvious you don't know about how the academic sector works.

It is the duty of academics to conduct researchs while it is the duty of the government to provide a good environment and policies to implement their research work.

Blame the government for poor economy and not the academics

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman by Lordbinsmar: 11:05am On Nov 17, 2021
Realdeals:
But some of them aid unscrupulous politicians to attain public office during election.

You are very right.

Even the corrupt practices within the academics is now worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU: Buhari Will Intervene Soon, Gbajabiamila Appeals For Calm / Info About Unilag School Fees / No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.