Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,918 members, 7,838,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency (758 Views)

Governor Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Government Agency / How Govt Agency ‘illegally Sold SUV Worth N18m To Top Official At N750k / Akeredolu Appoints 26-year-old Ngozi Ugochi-Igbo Make-up As Aide Causing Uproar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by Talkoonnews(m): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2021
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has appointed his son, Babajide, as the Director-General of the Performance and Project Implementation Monitoring Unit (PPIMU).

The appointment of the governor’s son was announced alongside that of 14 commissioners.

Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday.

“Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN, has nominated 14 new commissioners-designate and seven special advisers.”

“The commissioner nominees are as follows: Mrs Bamidele Ademola Olateju (Akoko South East), Otunba Adefarati Gboyega (Akoko South West), Rt Hon Olotu Fatai (Akoko North East), Dr. Julianah Oshadahun (Akoko North West), Otunba Dele Ologun (Akure North), Mr. Sunday Adekunle (Idanre) and Engr. Razaq Obe (Ifedore).

“Others are Dr. Banji Awolowo Ajaka (Ilaje), Pastor Emmanuel Igbasan (Irele), Mrs Yetunde Adeyanju (Odigbo), Mr. Femi Agagu (Okitipupa), Hon. Akinlosotu (Ondo East), Hon Omolola Fagbemi (Ondo West) and Chief Olayato Aribo (Ose).

“Those nominated for the position of Special Advisers include the following: Chief (Dr) Victor Ategbole, Dr. (Mrs) Wunmi Egbayelo Ilawole, Hon. (Barr) Tobi Ogunleye Felix, Dr. Ajibayo Adeyeye, Mrs Olamide Falana, Dr . Francis Adedayo Faduyile and Mr Oyeniyi Oseni.

“The names of the nominees, especially the position of commissioner, will be forwarded to the House of Assembly for screening, clearance and confirmation.

“All nominated/appointed persons will be sworn in at a date to be announced later after the necessary legislative processes. Mr Governor wishes all nominated persons the best of luck.”

Last year, Akeredolu had boasted that he could appoint his son as Chief of Staff and nothing would stop it.

SOURCE : https://talkoonnews.com/akeredolu-appoints-son-as-head-of-govt-agency

Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by endsarrrs(f): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2021
Goodluck

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Bleep up, family business
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by Misrighteousnes: 7:20am On Nov 17, 2021
The only way you can succeed with much assurance in life is to know your purpose in life.
The only way of knowing your purpose in life is to know the thoughts of God concerning your life
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by endsarrrs(f): 7:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Misrighteousnes:
The only way you can succeed with much assurance in life is to know your purpose in life.
The only way of knowing your purpose in life is to know the thoughts of God concerning your life
smiley
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by Maxymilliano(m): 7:29am On Nov 17, 2021
I see nothing wrong with this, if the son is competent. The fact his father is governor shouldn't stop him from making exploit in his field or area of interest.

I think it's high time we outgrow some unnecessary sentiment in this country
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by kinzation(m): 7:31am On Nov 17, 2021
So this my State Governor has turned his government to Monarchy abi

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by MadamVanessa(f): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2021
Government of the family, by the family and for the family.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by Abfinest007(m): 7:42am On Nov 17, 2021
Political office isn't a family business
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by iyapont: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Pay your workers their salaries plsssssssss
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by extol1(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2021
kinzation:
So this my State Governor has turned his government to Monarchy abi
The problem I have is that, must it be only Adefarati family that can always represent Akoko South West
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by Tomek09(m): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2021
The main thing is delivering his job with competence and fear of God. Every other thing is secondary.
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by kinzation(m): 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
extol1:

The problem I have is that, must it be only Adefarati family that can always represent Akoko South West

Well to me I think it's Adefarati is trusted more and loved by this people
Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by johnmartus(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Gboyega is a grassroots politician in fact he supposed to be at national assembly .And moreover Akungba always giving Akeredolu maximum support in any election.

Back to Aketi that appointed his son in his first tenure he made such attempts but later denied it because he believe that he can destroy his campaign for second time. And the son also said it wasn't true because he has his own personal business.

This is purely family business you are chief security officer of the state your wife is controlling many ministries your wife family become PA now your sin this is a bad precedence.
extol1:

Re: Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Govt Agency by Airfixltd: 8:11am On Nov 17, 2021
This is Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Made Nnamdi Kanu A New Mandela: Biafra Or Nothing / BREAKING: Sanwo-olu Angry As Police Openly Disobeys His Instruction To Vacate / Ambode In Trouble As APC Issue Serious Warning | Nigeria News Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.