Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

"Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" (27790 Views)

Herbalist Storms Yahooboy's Home To Demand Her Share Of His "Collection" (Vid) / Ghanaian Lady Bites Off Penis Of ‘rapist Who Asked For Mouth Action’ / Abayomi Shogunle Defends SARS: "I Traveled On Road For 3hrs & No one Stopped Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by lalasticlala(m): 7:58am On Nov 17, 2021
As shared by Agbeja Ifedapo.

Members of the @PoliceNG stopped & threatened me on Ketu bridge (9:13am today), searched my bags & phone... saw nothing incriminating. Afterwards, a member of their team questioned me on what I do & after answering them satisfactorily, they suddenly became friendly �.

I had about 50k cash on me, they asked for "their" share of my legitimately earned money. I parted with 6k.

My driver was stopped under the bridge but he refused to stop, I was still scolding him when I suddenly saw them in front of us on the bridge, guns cocked & pointing at us.
The driver said he was doing it for me (not stopping earlier). In his words "awon Omo Yahoo ni a ma n gbe travel lati airport, morope eyin na se ise". Profile me because I am hiring a comfortable car to travel with �.

I have a driver that picks me from the airport, I consciously engage him each time we travel & let him know a little safe details about what I do, he was not available & delegated someone & the man already profiled me and tagged me a yahoo boy even before he saw me�.
The way the Police cocked and pointed their guns at us was scary. Accidental discharge & that's it. The head of the team was drinking sachet gin, his team might have had theirs too

You have searched me illegally didn't see anything incriminating but you still extorted me.
Thank you so much everyone for reaching out.

One day we will truly win this war and the ones who are paid to keep us safe will really get to do what they are paid for.

#ENDSARS

https://twitter.com/Ifeagbeja/status/1460534902441615364

47 Likes

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by TundeWX: 8:01am On Nov 17, 2021
No difference btw the police and the average agbero u see on the road..both red-eyed,alcohol addicts,teeth stained from excessive smoking....only difference is one wears uniform

231 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 17, 2021
They will never change.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Lifestone(m): 8:04am On Nov 17, 2021
Who will redeem @Nigeriapolice? The whole process is corrupt and stinks.
What they did to this guy is armed robbery.

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by doctore212(m): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2021
Hmm

That was how I was coming back from Olosho house one night around Oshodi axis and one stopped me . He searched me and could not see any cash apart from 2k and one kiss condom.

He collected 1k and the condom and was proud to tell me he is going to See his babe after closing of the job.

Abeg wetin police dey do with condom

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by bigdammyj: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Noted

1 Like

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by gift01: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Post these ones to any hot zone. Make dem go fight bandits

55 Likes

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Mayour11(m): 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Na their way. I hope this people will learn the hard way sha.

One of the things fuelling this act is the fact that everywhere is entrenched with this menace. Go to government offices and see the same thing there. Until there are stringent measures in place with an unbiased consequence, I don't think we will get to the end of these.

The ugly part of it is that all the people engaging in fraudulent acts will always find a reason to be doing so.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Nigeria is not ready to fight corruption

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by purpinkx(m): 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
I recall one senior-ranked police officer saying you shouldn't give police your phone to search.

If you ever try that, this would be your fate... That's if they don't shoot you afterwards.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by chloride6: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Your driver didn't stop?

Extreme sport..

1 Like

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by stuffs4me(m): 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021

...... My driver was stopped under the bridge but he refused to stop.....

You would be shot dead if you had done that in other countries.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Klington: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Legal criminals.
Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by MikeMicheal(m): 8:06am On Nov 17, 2021
You dont want us to eat abi? Nonsense stingy man

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Omoluabiii(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Then give them their share nah
Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by jonadaft: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Their share?

Unto wetin?

You should have given them a dirty slap.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by HEAVEN4444: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
its called black tax. its the british version of road tax. after-all you are driving on the smooth ketu road without paying road tax. go in peace

5 Likes

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by SlyIg(f): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Even when we're still on the fight, it keeps getting worse each day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by BigDolph(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
They want to have their share from the National cake with you. Hungry Bastards… E no go better for anybody wey talk say police na my friend.

4 Likes

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Naija police, hhmmmm
Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Jaqenhghar: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Make we hear word. If dem say make una comot protest una go dey hide. No one wants to get his hands dirty. Let's continue. The thing na turn by turn. Everybody go answer roll call if you like reject it in the name of Sango

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Safyan(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
In a jungle (Nigeria) you don’t show others (Police) what you have else they’ll force you to give them their shares
lalasticlala:
As shared by Agbeja Ifedapo @Ifeagbeja.

https://twitter.com/Ifeagbeja/status/1460534902441615364

3 Likes

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Even USA, if they have to pursue you before you stop, they will almost strip you naked.
Ur driver is strictly at fault here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Bamzyriches451: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Sapa
Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Keyzsimple: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Police brutality and extortion still continues, it's so unfortunate.
Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by sunnyside16(m): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Police in this part of the world would NEVER change..........................NEVER.
Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by Benz2020: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Agbero to self don get uniform, reflective jacket,nah gun remain
TundeWX:
No difference btw the police and the average agbero u see on the road..both red-eyed,alcohol addicts,teeth stained from excessive smoking....only difference is one wears uniform

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by mabeni(m): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2021
Thank your creator you were not roped, shot, and your 5ok not taken from you

1 Like

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by OBALOLA55(m): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2021
HELINUES AKA MONOGAMY

1 Like

Re: "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" by chaseblack(m): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2021
We know,Nigeria police no like rich guys. Them dey always feel entitled.

Na why most guys dey dress shabbily these days. Ankara on top slippers

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested At Cambodia Airport With Drugs In Their Stomachs In Court / Armed Robbers Shoot Police Officer Dead Along Ore/Lagos Express Road (Photos) / Defilement: Baba Ijesha May Be Released On Friday – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.