Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Please, How Do I Report My Stolen Instagram Account. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please, How Do I Report My Stolen Instagram Account. (206 Views)

I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Khafi Kareem: I Was Raped. Why I Didn't Report My Rapist / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please, How Do I Report My Stolen Instagram Account. by Nethergate: 8:16am On Nov 17, 2021
Hello everyone.

Please, I need your help on how to recover (if possible) my stolen Instagram account or possibly report same so it is not used to scam innocent individuals or used for illegal activities.

I woke up around 5am on Monday 15th November, 2021 and discovered that I received an otp notification from Zenith Bank, my bank. How is this possible? Immediately I checked my Google account and discovered that it was accessed by someone using an Infinix Hot 6X phone and later an Apple Iphone.

It was then that I discovered that my account has been hacked. The said hacker not only accessed the said account, but also accessed all the Google accounts on my phone. The hacker also, using viewed and accessed all the site and app passwords saved on my Google account.

Upon doing this, he logged into my Instagram account and immediately changed the email and phone on my Instagram account. He aslo tried same on my Facebook account but I was lucky cos his target was the Instagram account.

Right now, I can't access my Instagram account as I have been logged out by the hacker. Anytime I put in my user name and password it keeps telling me that the password is incorrect. When I tried resetting the password, the verification details is been sent to the email and the phone number of the hacker.

I have reported the account to Instagram but I am yet to receive a response.

I have not posted anything on the account since I opened it some years back but today, I discovered that the hacker has not only charged my username, he has also updated my bio and started posting on the page.

Guys, I need your help on what to do regarding this situation so that the account is not used for anything illegal and also to possibly recover same.

The hackers new username is alex_elalo911.

Thanks.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Places Governor Obiano On Watchlist / Thankgod Nairaland Is Govern By Its Rules! / Dowen College: Bad Parenting, The Plight We Face.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.