Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! (546 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent? / Maternity Photoshoot Of A Mother Expecting Twins With Her 2 Sets Of Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! by Godsonpen1(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2021
Being in the CHILDREN'S MINISTRY for 11 years, one thing I've learnt is, CHILDREN ARE SAD THAT THEIR PARENTS DO NOT KNOW THEM REAL GOOD.

Some kids would say to me; "Uncle Godson, my mother doesn't take me seriously. Each time I try to explain things to them, they would say, I'm just a kid".

So they can't express themselves, and they're sad.

I have studied children over the years and can write series of books about them.

LET ME SHOW YOU 3 POWERFUL THINGS I'VE LEARNT ABOUT THEM:
1. Children are not simply children because they do not have understanding or they're low in the head. Most of these kids are smarter than you have assumed. I stay with kids often.

They are rather Children because they're still under your care for guidance, because certain realities are still cumbersome to them; so they need your help to grow, and not that they're some little things without worth or value.

So make sure you're careful how you deal with them. They understand the slightest move you make, and they won't tell you unless you're friend with them. Some of them had corrected my mistakes often - I didn't know they observed.

They had the courage to discuss my mistakes with me because they know I love them and would always give them listening ears.

2. They need to be told the truth sometimes. Tell them bluntly what they should know. Some of them know you lied to them some time ago.

They would always tell me; "Uncle Godson, do you know my father lies a lot?"

Sometimes, I feel bad because they shouldn't be saying this to me. But then, I realized that the attention I give them made them trust me, and hence, they feel comfortable to share anything with me (and I pray not to betray their trust).

In fact, some of the things these kids share with me can't be said here.

And what I learnt is, those are the things they wanted to share with their parents, but unfortunately, these parents do not give them listening ears.

I keep teaching parents HOW TO LISTEN TO THEIR CHILDREN; very important.

PARENTS, listening to your children isn't what you do simply by smiling to them, nodding your head in agreement and telling them "I've heard you".

They need your intelligent, dependable and satisfactory response - make them feel that you've solved their problems.

3. CHILDREN need you to be their friend. If you're a parent, your kids should have you as their first friend, trusted and caring - so that they don't make wrong friends outside the home.

They need company and friendship; and if they don't get that from home, they will be desperate to get it elsewhere, and what if your children get into the wrong hands?

Most of them became my friends and Children because their parents are failing them.

Have I shared with you how that a kid didn't want to go home with her mom after meeting me?

Her reason was that, no one plays with her at home the way I do. They think she's not supposed to talk, smiled at or have around - this they did with the notion that they're giving her good home training.

Some of you parents think that when you play with your kids, they won't respect you ever. So the best way to handle them is to become a sadist with them.

NO, NO, NO. That's wrong. The way you treat them is the way they'd follow you.

I'm a "CHILDREN-PERSON". So I can confidently tell you that if you play with them, they will love you more. All you need do is to always set your priorities wisely - know what and what not to do while playing with them.

When I'm really busy or not in the mood to play, they know. I communicate that to them, they understand me well, and they back off.

My children do not disrespect me, and I can play with them as though their fellow kid.

The secret is, SHOW THEM WHAT EVERY CIRCUMSTANCES AND SITUATIONS should be. Define your boundaries with them, be strict when you should, discipline them when necessary, sit them down and explain why you did what you did; talk to them as you would talk to a fellow adult.

Then, smile at them, appreciate them, apologize if you have to, and tell them you care for them.

Then, be sure for a better parenting!

#SIDE NOTE: If Children run from you unnecessarily, you need JESUS CHRIST. Go for a retreat immediately.

It's a sign that something is wrong with you. Because they are a model of God's purest form of humanity and humility.

IF THIS MESSAGE MAKES SENSE TO YOU, KINDLY SHARE, LIKE & TELL US WHAT YOU THINK; let's Advocate for our children. They need us to communicate this to their parents.

I'm your friend,

© Onyeuche Godson
YOUNG MIND MOTIVATIONAL INTERNATIONAL- YMMI

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! by lekkicctv(m): 9:52am On Nov 17, 2021
True Talk
Godsonpen1:
Being in the CHILDREN'S MINISTRY for 11 years, one thing I've learnt is, CHILDREN ARE SAD THAT THEIR PARENTS DO NOT KNOW THEM REAL GOOD.

Some kids would say to me; "Uncle Godson, my mother doesn't take me seriously. Each time I try to explain things to them, they would say, I'm just a kid".

So they can't express themselves, and they're sad.

I have studied children over the years and can write series of books about them.

LET ME SHOW YOU 3 POWERFUL THINGS I'VE LEARNT ABOUT THEM:
1. Children are not simply children because they do not have understanding or they're low in the head. Most of these kids are smarter than you have assumed. I stay with kids often.

They are rather Children because they're still under your care for guidance, because certain realities are still cumbersome to them; so they need your help to grow, and not that they're some little things without worth or value.

So make sure you're careful how you deal with them. They understand the slightest move you make, and they won't tell you unless you're friend with them. Some of them had corrected my mistakes often - I didn't know they observed.

They had the courage to discuss my mistakes with me because they know I love them and would always give them listening ears.

2. They need to be told the truth sometimes. Tell them bluntly what they should know. Some of them know you lied to them some time ago.

They would always tell me; "Uncle Godson, do you know my father lies a lot?"

Sometimes, I feel bad because they shouldn't be saying this to me. But then, I realized that the attention I give them made them trust me, and hence, they feel comfortable to share anything with me (and I pray not to betray their trust).

In fact, some of the things these kids share with me can't be said here.

And what I learnt is, those are the things they wanted to share with their parents, but unfortunately, these parents do not give them listening ears.

I keep teaching parents HOW TO LISTEN TO THEIR CHILDREN; very important.

PARENTS, listening to your children isn't what you do simply by smiling to them, nodding your head in agreement and telling them "I've heard you".

They need your intelligent, dependable and satisfactory response - make them feel that you've solved their problems.

3. CHILDREN need you to be their friend. If you're a parent, your kids should have you as their first friend, trusted and caring - so that they don't make wrong friends outside the home.

They need company and friendship; and if they don't get that from home, they will be desperate to get it elsewhere, and what if your children get into the wrong hands?

Most of them became my friends and Children because their parents are failing them.

Have I shared with you how that a kid didn't want to go home with her mom after meeting me?

Her reason was that, no one plays with her at home the way I do. They think she's not supposed to talk, smiled at or have around - this they did with the notion that they're giving her good home training.

Some of you parents think that when you play with your kids, they won't respect you ever. So the best way to handle them is to become a sadist with them.

NO, NO, NO. That's wrong. The way you treat them is the way they'd follow you.

I'm a "CHILDREN-PERSON". So I can confidently tell you that if you play with them, they will love you more. All you need do is to always set your priorities wisely - know what and what not to do while playing with them.

When I'm really busy or not in the mood to play, they know. I communicate that to them, they understand me well, and they back off.

My children do not disrespect me, and I can play with them as though their fellow kid.

The secret is, SHOW THEM WHAT EVERY CIRCUMSTANCES AND SITUATIONS should be. Define your boundaries with them, be strict when you should, discipline them when necessary, sit them down and explain why you did what you did; talk to them as you would talk to a fellow adult.

Then, smile at them, appreciate them, apologize if you have to, and tell them you care for them.

Then, be sure for a better parenting!

#SIDE NOTE: If Children run from you unnecessarily, you need JESUS CHRIST. Go for a retreat immediately.

It's a sign that something is wrong with you. Because they are a model of God's purest form of humanity and humility.

IF THIS MESSAGE MAKES SENSE TO YOU, KINDLY SHARE, LIKE & TELL US WHAT YOU THINK; let's Advocate for our children. They need us to communicate this to their parents.

I'm your friend,

© Onyeuche Godson
YOUNG MIND MOTIVATIONAL INTERNATIONAL- YMMI
Re: As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! by Welcum: 9:59am On Nov 17, 2021
lekkicctv:
True Talk
Why did you quote the long passage to cover the space just to say 'true talk'.
Re: As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! by cassidy1996(m): 10:55am On Nov 17, 2021
this is good
Re: As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! by lekkicctv(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2022
Welcum:

Why did you quote the long passage to cover the space just to say 'true talk'.
It isn't easy wink
Re: As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! by Cedarlivia(f): 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
Thank you, Mr Godson!

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, Or Expecting To Become One Someday, This Will Save You For Life! by Eze2000(m): 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
Sent you a mail

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Wise Is It In Selling Only LAND For Occasion / When? / Sun Proof Generator For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.