Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Trends Of Agric Tech Investment Fraud In Nigeria. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Trends Of Agric Tech Investment Fraud In Nigeria. (623 Views)

List Of Agric-tech Platform That's Still Owing Investors'money / EFCC Docks Funmi Adenmosun For Alleged N26.6bn Investment Fraud In Lagos / How To Invest In Agric-tech Platforms, How To Know The Fake And The Real Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trends Of Agric Tech Investment Fraud In Nigeria. by EkunokoRafa: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I recently fell into the trap of scammers. Professional scammers in fact, who seems to understand the tenacity of the law, and go ahead to plan all their moves, and use the law in their favour. These folks register their businesses, do legal businesses but source funds illegally without pointing a gun at anybody's head. How? Through AgricTech.

When Vp Osinbajo started canvassing for agric tech in Nigeria around 2017 if I am not mistaken, I strongly doubt that he realised opportunists were lurking in the dark to cease the innovative approach to doing agric in the neck, and launch a full blown assault on unsuspecting Nigerians.

Consequently, Fraudsters started cropping up around town, masquerading their true intents under the umbrella of Agric Tech. With promises of fair ROIs over a farming season, thousands of Nigerians started seeding their hard earned capital into these 'cooperatives'. I was one of these Nigerians.

These Agric Techs flourished, paid investors on time (no stories), and the doubting Thomas amongst Nigerians got a boost. Investors skyrocketed. Then, with enough crowds on the perilous boat, true intents began to bare itself...

Now let me share my story..

I invested 100 thousand naira each with payfarmer's poultry and catfish farms in the months of February  and March, 2021 and I have already accepted it as a big mistake.  The expected ROI were 23% and 21% respectively , to be paid on the 1st of September and 31st October respectively. Signifying a 7 month and 6 months farming period. Till date, it has been one story or the other. No money.

In essence, If anyone has money that is lying idle, please for the sake of your sanity, DO NOT invest it with any of these scammers. Buy shares, start a business, open a fixed deposit account, buy govt bonds, do whatever but please DO NOT invest in a sham that promises 23% ROI in 6 months!

Payfarmer has recently developed a new tactic of writing dud cheques for prospective 'investors' when they realised their old style may not make people feel secure about getting their ROI as at when due. Question is why did they not continue with the usual style of 'offtakers' if something is not eerily wrong?

I have nothing to gain/lose for advising whoever is reading this not to invest in these liars (especially payfarmer that I have an experience with). I haven't lost much, just 200 thousand naira, but I would have been happier to spend that money on beer, not on dupes who would use the power of my money to advertise, upgrade their websites and dupe more people. Thanks!
Attached are some of my chats with these scammers...
Just curious, what are your experiences with investment scams? Let the hot air out bruh...

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun

Re: Trends Of Agric Tech Investment Fraud In Nigeria. by joliefille(f): 10:36am On Nov 13, 2022
EkunokoRafa:
Hello Nairalanders,

I recently fell into the trap of scammers. Professional scammers in fact, who seems to understand the tenacity of the law, and go ahead to plan all their moves, and use the law in their favour. These folks register their businesses, do legal businesses but source funds illegally without pointing a gun at anybody's head. How? Through AgricTech.

When Vp Osinbajo started canvassing for agric tech in Nigeria around 2017 if I am not mistaken, I strongly doubt that he realised opportunists were lurking in the dark to cease the innovative approach to doing agric in the neck, and launch a full blown assault on unsuspecting Nigerians.

Consequently, Fraudsters started cropping up around town, masquerading their true intents under the umbrella of Agric Tech. With promises of fair ROIs over a farming season, thousands of Nigerians started seeding their hard earned capital into these 'cooperatives'. I was one of these Nigerians.

These Agric Techs flourished, paid investors on time (no stories), and the doubting Thomas amongst Nigerians got a boost. Investors skyrocketed. Then, with enough crowds on the perilous boat, true intents began to bare itself...

Now let me share my story..

I invested 100 thousand naira each with payfarmer's poultry and catfish farms in the months of February  and March, 2021 and I have already accepted it as a big mistake.  The expected ROI were 23% and 21% respectively , to be paid on the 1st of September and 31st October respectively. Signifying a 7 month and 6 months farming period. Till date, it has been one story or the other. No money.

In essence, If anyone has money that is lying idle, please for the sake of your sanity, DO NOT invest it with any of these scammers. Buy shares, start a business, open a fixed deposit account, buy govt bonds, do whatever but please DO NOT invest in a sham that promises 23% ROI in 6 months!

Payfarmer has recently developed a new tactic of writing dud cheques for prospective 'investors' when they realised their old style may not make people feel secure about getting their ROI as at when due. Question is why did they not continue with the usual style of 'offtakers' if something is not eerily wrong?

I have nothing to gain/lose for advising whoever is reading this not to invest in these liars (especially payfarmer that I have an experience with). I haven't lost much, just 200 thousand naira, but I would have been happier to spend that money on beer, not on dupes who would use the power of my money to advertise, upgrade their websites and dupe more people. Thanks!
Attached are some of my chats with these scammers...
Just curious, what are your experiences with investment scams? Let the hot air out bruh...

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun

The worst part of it is that payfarmer is still collecting money from people.
Re: Trends Of Agric Tech Investment Fraud In Nigeria. by joliefille(f): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2022
They sent put this schedule for repayment, I doubt if they are honouring it.

Re: Trends Of Agric Tech Investment Fraud In Nigeria. by Kobicove(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2022
Most of the online farming investment projects are Ponzi schemes

(1) (Reply)

$300 Airdrop On Trust Wallet distribution 13th Jan / Willing To Sell Your Pi(π) / I Can't Believe It's Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.