Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs (24400 Views)

FG Launches Made-in-nigeria Barite; Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs / Mining: Adegbite Discloses Launch Of Made In Nigeria Barite / FG Launches Improved NIN Slip, Mobile App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by presidency: 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
The Ministry of Mines and Steel Development launched the Made in Nigeria Barite in Port Harcourt, as part of its’ modest efforts towards the development of industrial minerals. This initiative is expected to spur the promotion and growth of local content, boosting the economy with a corresponding increase in revenue.

The initiative would not only put Nigeria on the radar of the global mining communities, but would also save the country about $300 million in annual importation costs, thereby creating employment opportunities for the teeming population.

The Ministry will also commission an open marketplace portal that will connect all stakeholders along the barite value chain to a hub that allows for easy coordination, stocking, effective costing, and seamless sale of barite, as we adhere to the ease of doing business initiative.

Arc. Olamilekan Adegbite, Honourable Minister, Ministry of Mines and Steel Development

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by 9jvirgin(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
No good news from this Buhari administration can excite Nigerians.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nothing to rejoice about, if we discovered crude oil many years ago n our nation is still like ds then. ...............
If only our rulers are faithful....... cry cry cry cry

10 Likes

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Lemmy123(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

Anything to make this country move forward I'm in...

Good initiative by the way cry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Kelvinpam(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ok
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by mikeetim(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Z
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by blamingthedevil: 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nice one

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Shidren of 8 will just wail on this thread for no reason

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by zeusdgrt(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Yeye people
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Gtuns(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Sirheny007(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ha!
What are the economic potentials of Barite?
I doubt Barium, it's salts or any of its derivative is of huge industrial importance.

Make we de dream big na. undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by tutudesz: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
They keep lunching made in Nigeria this and that Everytime undecided yet everything is going up undecided

6 Likes

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Nilx: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
I pray it won’t cost Nigerian government more than 200% of what its intend to save.

Buhari government will humble you

5 Likes

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by samtee37(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
I'm happy they are opening eyes to all these our solid minerals the Chiness are coming to explore for their own gains.

I think it's time younger and expirienced geologist, minning engineers and investors come together and explore our wasting solid minerals.

God bless the rockers�

1 Like

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Judithjovial(f): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ok una just blow grammar finish and yet there's nothing to show for it grin grin
These are minerals wasting because all eyes are on oil
Check out my signature

1 Like

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by illicit(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nonsense
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by DropsMic(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Wash
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by hibeebeeking: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
I hope so.
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Lionnation: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please what is it use for

2 Likes

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Slurity(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Joke apart, Buhari is not totally clueless. Jonathan is my greatest disappointment.

4 Likes

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Viicfuntop(f): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hi Seun Mynd44 lalasticlala

So I just came out from a five month ban all because I called out mannabbq. Why should someone like him have that power? I only called him out on something sensitive and I was banned. I didn’t read any meaning to it until other users pointed out getting banned after calling mannna our.
Apparently manna is a mod or has a mod that sucks up to him which still makes it pathetic. So it’s okay for manna to keep insulting pdp but at the mention of apc under his comment, you get banned.
Seun, I want you to employ equity on your platform. This platform needs too many changes but the least anyone could ask for is fairness. I can’t count the number of times I have called you out on your partiality towards the Islam created threads. They have to swear to believe in their allah before commenting but the same is not applied to the Christian threads. Regardless of that, the “infidels” would always see Islam for what it is.
Election is less than 17 months. We do not need bigots here and I’m referring to mannabbq. He keeps antagonizing people supporting pdp or the threads created. Freedom fighters like Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela didn’t achieve their feat with ease. It came with so much resistance.

Mahatma Gandhi said “Freedom is never dear at any price. It’s the breath of life”.

I spend 80 percent of my time on the internet on quora. There is freedom of speech there. There is critical reasoning there. Haven’t you asked yourself, why is Africa still poor? Don’t you get tired of the stereotypes against Africa? And enough with the colonization talk. We would still be poor without colonization if not worse. I just want freedom of speech on Nairaland. I want 2023 to usher in a new system. Please don’t take our rights away. This is not the days of radio news. This is the internet. Here is the new information. Thank you. If this gets me banned a second time, at least I said my peace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Rekyz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
The good news is... This will help save the country about $300 million in annual importation costs and creat employment opportunities for the teeming population.
The bad news is... The $300 million will be looted and relooted hence, this project will become a waste in totality. Yak ndi o

2 Likes

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Lemmy123(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nilx:
Dj
Cuppy tongue
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Way4orward: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Oh
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Hamman1(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2021
Damn it...
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by DoctorDree(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Iranu
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Slurity(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
tutudesz:
They keep lunching made in Nigeria this and that Everytime undecided yet everything is going up undecided
Read international news, things are going up all over the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by dalass(f): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
grin

Will their bureaucracy wahala allow it to work?
Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by Skooltynz: 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
Let's have our own Elon musk in this country na ,we need technology to sustain our large population.

Meanwhile a serious upcoming artiste is suppose to at least have a music video,don't worry we are here to help you get a good video with a low budget with good vixens.if interested click the link below to get all info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6854523/record-song-shoot-video-low

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians / Bandits Kill 20 In Reprisal Attack In Magami, Niger State / AnambraDecides2021: Soludo Addresses Supporters Gathering In His Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.