Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum (1639 Views)

I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / Lady Buys Her Mum A Benz As Valentine’s Gift (Photos) / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Yillyhood: 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hi guys, something is really bothering me and I feel like I should share it. I will try as much as possible to make it brief, please don't mind my grammars. grin

Me and my girlfriend have known each other for quite some time now, like 4years now we have been dating. We love each other no doubt.

After she graduated, she went to learn a trade hair stylist precisely, since work seems impossible and her dream is to own a salon. Well, I work from home, and I earn cool money too, so it's easier for her not to face the hard economy since I pay her money for upkeep monthly.

We don't live close, I live in Lekki and she lives on the mainland with her mum, and each time she has a problem either personally or for her family sake, she runs to me. Well that's not my problem, since I know they really have no one to help them, so I try as much as possible to satisfy her. I must say, she is loyal, decent and respectful but one thing I don't like about her is keeping things to herself, even if she will tell me it's small.

Yesterday, she chatted me and explained that her elder brother in the hospital needs to pay 45k before he can be discharged, I'm aware he his very sick (Typhoid) and hospitalized. She told me their mum already gathered 20k and doesn't know where to get the rest and asked if I can help her with anything, I asked her if 25k is the problem and if I give her she will be fine and she said yes. Well, I transferred her the 25k immediately for the discharge, in about 30mins she called and requested for my account number that she want to refund me 5k, that her mum only collected 20k, so I told her not to worry, she should add it to the money I already sent her previously for her upkeep for the month.

Note: You might be wondering why I'm giving her money lavishly, yes we will be getting married next year, the month hasn't be chosen from both family yet, but they see us as couples already, her mum allows her visit me for days and also visit my mum frequently.

Back to the main reason I opened this topic, sincerely I don't like stress, I love being indoor and spending my money quietly, whenever I want to go out and I don't like traveling to long distance, before man and God have only visited her in her place twice since 2017, I was there in 2018 and again this month 2021. She understands, so she come over to my place each time she wants us to see, she visits twice every month and spends atleast 3days.

I don't want her mum to feel bad or to think her daughter is forcing herself to a man, so I decided to help her whenever she needs help.

The main reason I opened this topic is because the 25k I gave her, I told her to give to her mum, I didn't say she should tell her I borrowed her, but she went ahead and told her I borrowed her mum the money and she has to return it before 5th of next month.

When she told me yesterday I thought she was joking but I discovered she wasn't joking when she told me not to try to tell her mum I didn't borrow her.

Her mum have been calling me since last night and I couldn't pick but I can't pick because I feel guilty. I picked this afternoon, and after thanking me, she promised to pay me back on the 5th of next month. How do I tell this woman I didn't borrow her, she is a struggling woman with 4 kids trying to keep up with their daily needs, and her business is nothing to write home about.

I'm so pissed of with my girlfriend right now, and I just sent her some annoying, insulting text right now, because I was angry.

The truth is her mum has never seen me, the twice that have visited their house she wasn't home, but we talk on phone a lot. I don't want her to feel like her daughter has been seeing me without being married to me yet I have the guts to say I'm borrowing her money. I also asked my girlfriend and she said she has reasons of doing that, but she refused to tell me. It's really upsetting me.

Please what should I do? Or should I just ignore them both?

@Mynd44
@lalasticalala
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by bigjackass: 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Tell the girl how you feel about what she did, and that she should tell her mother that you said she shouldn't bother about repaying the loan again. If she doesn't listen and refuses to do this simple thing, then you have no business marrying such a girl in the first place.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Yillyhood: 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
bigjackass:
Tell the girl how you feel about what she did, and that she should tell her mother that you said she shouldn't bother about repaying the loan again. If she doesn't listen and refuses to do this simple thing, then you have no business marrying such a girl in the first place.

Thanks for your input bro
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by CandyOps(m): 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Bro women are always playing one mind game or another. Just comot yourself from the middle of that matter. If your gf needs extra money she should let u know instead of using your name to lie to her mum.

make she comot your name from anything repayment when talking with her mom. It's an order. Them just like to involve person name for everything instead of just asking u str8 on.

It's insulting

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Yillyhood: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Since you know the mom's phone number and have spoken with her on the phone, call her and tell her you didn't borrow her the money, that you don't know why her daughter told her that because you never said that. In other words, call her to clear your name. Technically, you don't owe the mom any explanation because the daughter is the one who ought to tell her mother the truth but since she has refused to do so and since you're planning to marry into the family and don't want her to get the wrong impression of you, it's a good idea to do just that.

She will create problems for you if she keeps behaving like this

Thanks I think I will do just that, have told her already to call her mum and clear my name but she hasn't responded, I will just wait till night if no feedback from her, I will call her mum straight up. Thanks so much, it's good to have people to share things with

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by greenie77: 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
"You might be wondering why I'm giving her money lavishly, yes we will be getting married next year, the month hasn't be chosen from both family yet, but they see us as couples already, her mum allows her visit me for days and also visit my mum frequently.........The truth is her mum has never seen me, the twice that have visited their house she wasn't home, but we talk on phone a lot"..........You have been dating a lady for 4 years, she do sleep over at your place, she vists your mum, marriage is in the air BUT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN HER MOTHER who lives in the same Lagos with you?

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Yillyhood: 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
CandyOps:
Bro women are always playing one mind game or another. Just comot yourself from the middle of that matter. If your gf needs extra money she should let u know instead of using your name to lie to her mum.

make she comot your name from anything repayment when talking with her mom. It's an order. Them just like to involve person name for everything instead of just asking u str8 on.

It's insulting

You are on point bro. Sincerely I dont know why she did such, the funniest part is that the same day she is expecting her mum to pay back (5th of next month) is my birthday. I don't really think she needs the money, I just sent her money for upkeep last week, sometimes I give her atleast 20k or 30k every month for upkeep. And she is not a lavish spender or all this Instagram girls trying to impress grin
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Yillyhood: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
greenie77:
"You might be wondering why I'm giving her money lavishly, yes we will be getting married next year, the month hasn't be chosen from both family yet, but they see us as couples already, her mum allows her visit me for days and also visit my mum frequently.........The truth is her mum has never seen me, the twice that have visited their house she wasn't home, but we talk on phone a lot"..........You have been dating a lady for 4 years, she do sleep over at your place, she vists your mum, marriage is in the air BUT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN HER MOTHER who lives in the same Lagos with you?

Yes, I'm not actually a free type, I'm a full stack web developer, freelancer platforms such as Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer is my home, I always have work to do. Where I came from, as per traditions, the husband is meant to come with his family first, that will be done this December and that is when we talk about ourselves and also talk about the introduction and the rest. I mean no harm bro
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Foodqueen(f): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
Tell her mom u didn't borrow her but assisted her with the money.

Leave her to sort herself out with her daughter.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by greenie77: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Yillyhood:

Yes, I'm not actually a free type, I'm a full stack web developer, freelancer platforms such as Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer is my home, I always have work to do. Where I came from, as per traditions, the husband is meant to come with his family first, that will be done this December and that is when we talk about ourselves and also talk about the introduction and the rest. I mean no harm bro

Okay but just wondering how a mother will feel comfortable knowing her daughter do go to sleep over at the house of a man she has never met....if anything goes wrong, even the police will blame her.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Richy4(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
I'm curious... What did she say was the motive behind her actions towards the money/ borrow episode.. did you know?
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Yillyhood: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
Richy4:
I'm curious... What did she say was the motive behind her actions towards the money/ borrow episode.. did you know?
At the moment, she refused to give answer to it

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Richy4(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
Yillyhood:

At the moment, she refused to give answer to it
Maybe a better warning to keep u away from her drama with her family will be in order... U can't go on covering lies especially when U were not good at it..

I can just imagine what she may have lied to you about.. but due to the fact that u were still wearing the Rose plated spectacle covered with LOVE crust, u can't possibly see it...the red flag is on half-mast.. Anyways good luck and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding...

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Lamanii22(f): 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Your fiancee's mom is like my mom, she doesn't want to be a burden to you that's why.... Maybe you should find time to talk to her mum personally...
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Olumighty123(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
You don't know her mom physically and you have already started planning marriage? Kaare, weirdo kiss

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Truvelisback(m): 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Tell her mum she shouldn't pay u back.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Newboss(m): 12:09am On Nov 18, 2021
You pay her monthly upkeeps and you say she loves you? Dude, you be father Christmas. Why she no go respect you?

You just dey postpone your problem. Na serious wahala your dey postpone to the worst possible time.

You better stop simping now. You need to be a man. Stomp your foot for ground. Na tantrum you dey throw. Be a leader, not a maga.

That girl na better pretender o. Open your eyes
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Vision101(m): 4:57am On Nov 18, 2021
@greenie77
........You have been dating a lady for 4 years, she do sleep over at your place, she vists your mum, marriage is in the air BUT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN HER MOTHER who lives in the same Lagos with you?

@me
I thought along this line. Low self-esteem by the family as a result of poor economic status and lack of respect for the family by the young man.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by efficiencie(m): 5:08am On Nov 18, 2021
Yillyhood:
Hi guys, something is really bothering me and I feel like I should share it. I will try as much as possible to make it brief, please don't mind my grammars. grin

Me and my girlfriend have known each other for quite some time now, like 4years now we have been dating. We love each other no doubt.

After she graduated, she went to learn a trade hair stylist precisely, since work seems impossible and her dream is to own a salon. Well, I work from home, and I earn cool money too, so it's easier for her not to face the hard economy since I pay her money for upkeep monthly.

We don't live close, I live in Lekki and she lives on the mainland with her mum, and each time she has a problem either personally or for her family sake, she runs to me. Well that's not my problem, since I know they really have no one to help them, so I try as much as possible to satisfy her. I must say, she is loyal, decent and respectful but one thing I don't like about her is keeping things to herself, even if she will tell me it's small.

Yesterday, she chatted me and explained that her elder brother in the hospital needs to pay 45k before he can be discharged, I'm aware he his very sick (Typhoid) and hospitalized. She told me their mum already gathered 20k and doesn't know where to get the rest and asked if I can help her with anything, I asked her if 25k is the problem and if I give her she will be fine and she said yes. Well, I transferred her the 25k immediately for the discharge, in about 30mins she called and requested for my account number that she want to refund me 5k, that her mum only collected 20k, so I told her not to worry, she should add it to the money I already sent her previously for her upkeep for the month.

Note: You might be wondering why I'm giving her money lavishly, yes we will be getting married next year, the month hasn't be chosen from both family yet, but they see us as couples already, her mum allows her visit me for days and also visit my mum frequently.

Back to the main reason I opened this topic, sincerely I don't like stress, I love being indoor and spending my money quietly, whenever I want to go out and I don't like traveling to long distance, before man and God have only visited her in her place twice since 2017, I was there in 2018 and again this month 2021. She understands, so she come over to my place each time she wants us to see, she visits twice every month and spends atleast 3days.

I don't want her mum to feel bad or to think her daughter is forcing herself to a man, so I decided to help her whenever she needs help.

The main reason I opened this topic is because the 25k I gave her, I told her to give to her mum, I didn't say she should tell her I borrowed her, but she went ahead and told her I borrowed her mum the money and she has to return it before 5th of next month.

When she told me yesterday I thought she was joking but I discovered she wasn't joking when she told me not to try to tell her mum I didn't borrow her.

Her mum have been calling me since last night and I couldn't pick but I can't pick because I feel guilty. I picked this afternoon, and after thanking me, she promised to pay me back on the 5th of next month. How do I tell this woman I didn't borrow her, she is a struggling woman with 4 kids trying to keep up with their daily needs, and her business is nothing to write home about.

I'm so pissed of with my girlfriend right now, and I just sent her some annoying, insulting text right now, because I was angry.

The truth is her mum has never seen me, the twice that have visited their house she wasn't home, but we talk on phone a lot. I don't want her to feel like her daughter has been seeing me without being married to me yet I have the guts to say I'm borrowing her money. I also asked my girlfriend and she said she has reasons of doing that, but she refused to tell me. It's really upsetting me.

@Mynd44
@lalasticalala

Your woman is avoiding any legal ground. It may be she is extremely loyal or she is being unnecessarily tactful. You need to start laying the ground work for the policies that would guide your future home. You need to have a face to face serious talk with her about the dos and don'ts of your marriage to her if it is to eventually happen.

1. No secrets
2. No half truths
3. No privacy
4. No unilateral decision making
5. Who submits and who leads?
6. What's our financial model?
7. How do we relate with third parties?
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Dailyparrot: 6:00am On Nov 18, 2021
bigjackass:

The way nairaland people are quick to ask someone to let go of their partner, you will wonder how easy it is to get another one free from blemish.

Op, I must say that the loyalty you enjoy cannot be ascertained as genuine. Imagine dating a girl from such a poor background and giving her 30k every month just for being your girlfriend. People earn less than tha a month teaching in a private school.

So, at this time, don't count yourself as a lucky dude with her loyalty and submissive behavior. You are yet to know the true color of this said girlfriend.

Test: deny her the monthly stipend and any other form of financial assistance for just two months.

A priori expectation: she is most likely to start giving you some attitude.

Warning: don't try this if you can't deal with the outcome. Go ahead with your caregiver attitude, marry her and live ever happily after.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Klass99(f): 7:04am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by dahmie2013: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2021
Tell her to call her mum in your presence to tell her you didn't borrow her the money and that she doesn't need to pay back.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by frozen70(f): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2021
Yillyhood:

@Mynd44
@lalasticalala

Whatever her reasons, she shouldn't have said that you borrowed her the money

Make a conference call between the three of you and scold her before her mum

Who knows what else she told her mum

You have to bail yourself out and warn her not to use your head next time because you will disgrace her

That will put a stop to future nonsense
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Mstick: 8:07am On Nov 18, 2021
Mother: hello my son, my daughter told me about the money you borrowed her. Thank you so much, I will pay you on or before the 5th deadline.

You: oh no ma! It's not borrow oh! I guess she got it wrong, please it's my own contribution towards this challenge, I hope he's feeling better? What about you ma? Hope this didn't take a toll on your on health? Anyways please take care of yourself. Bye.

*Drops phone*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Sonnobax15(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na bad daughter she be undecided.

Op, you better trend carefully, because las las I believe say the mum go must use am tay tell you word....Say the first time wey you help her,say na borrow you borrow her the money...Even her brother won't be exempted too undecided. Na better future wahala that your woman wor cause for you so........

Damnnnn,why your Banny go Behave like that undecided. Na she get the money.....if she can treat her own mom like that,you shouldn't be surprised to see her doing worst to your own mom undecided

Bitter truth bro cool
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Lefty500: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2021
Op if you really wants to marry the girl, let her know how you feel when she keeps things away from you, because you can't read mind.

As for the money she told her mother that you borrowed her, I think it's for your own good, you can't know her mother more than her, what if she's saving you from turning to ATM for her mother. She even returned 5k out of the money. I guess she is good but lacks good communication skills.

You can give the mother something after she has returned the money.

Yillyhood:

@Mynd44
@lalasticalala
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by cayorday89(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2021
This sounds complicated but yet simple, but whatever outcome comes out of it lies with you and the decision you take. I am seeing it from this angle in the sense that, the woman is actually the one who does not want to be indebted to you and probably must have warned the daughter from getting money from you every now and then so as not to be seen as desperate or for the money alone, the reason why the lady told you there is a reason but can't tell you.
Now, what you are to do is to go and see the woman together with your girlfriend and speak your mind to her and how you are willing to help them according to your capability whenever they need help.
Also note, that they did not come to you even when the brother was admitted at the hospital until they were unable to get all the money needed for treatment.
The lady is not the problem here and probably more confused than you are, because she knows your capabilities and the willingness and the mother on the other hand does not want her family issues to be a burden on you.
@yillyhood
Guys complain about ladies that are there for the money and here comes one who in conjunction with her family are not there for the money yet una still tag her not good enough to be married.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by cayorday89(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na bad daughter she be undecided.

Op, you better trend carefully, because las las I believe say the mum go must use am tay tell you word....Say the first time wey you help her,say na borrow you borrow her the money...Even her brother won't be exempted too undecided. Na better future wahala that your woman wor cause for you so........

Damnnnn,why your Banny go Behave like that undecided. Na she get the money.....if she can treat her own mom like that,you shouldn't be surprised to see her doing worst to your own mom undecided

Bitter truth bro cool
The girl did no wrong, she only lacked the act of communication on what her mother believes and how it can be explained to the guy.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Richy4(m): 10:44am On Nov 18, 2021
cayorday89:

The girl did no wrong, she only lacked the act of communication on what her mother believes and how it can be explained to the guy.
My brother, what u wrote up there is the version of what u believed...This is not about communication.. Any man or woman that is always Economical with the truth has the tendencies of playing with someone's intelligence....In my opinion which doesn't count, I don't think She's whom she portrays herself to be ....

It's Either one is hot (tell the truth) or Cold ( tell lies).... lukewarm doesn't work for me...
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Uglygurl(f): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2021
I see her mother running around tirelessly or even borrow just to pay you,making her a real debtor this time around.
Call your mother-in-law to be and tell her not bother about paying you back because that's your little of helping her as you took her as your mother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Marks The Begining Of The Rest Of My Life. / Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.