Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

]herbalist Says Students Are Prone To Stds, Cures 100 In Nsukka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ]herbalist Says Students Are Prone To Stds, Cures 100 In Nsukka (1047 Views)

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Kill Eight, Kidnap 100 In Cameroon / List Of 12 States Prone To Flood In 2015 - Agency Report / Casualty Figures Exceed 100 In Kano Attack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

]herbalist Says Students Are Prone To Stds, Cures 100 In Nsukka by Afanna1: 4:58am On Jun 08, 2011
[b][b]Herbalist says students are prone to STDs, cures 100 in Nsukka
From KASSIDY UCHENNA, Nsukka
Wednesday, June 08, 2011

•Adisa
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

When recently Salamuden Mohammed Adisa arrived at the university town of Nsukka in Enugu State, many wrote him off as one of those herbalists around. But under a very short time, the 25-year-old Oyo State-born herbalist, who goes with the cognomen, Baba (old man) has proved himself a different medicine man.
Under the period he came to Nsukka he has treated over 100 patients of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) even as he revealed that most of the carriers were students and teenagers.

Adisa, who is widely traveled in the West African region, said because he has spent many years in Ivory Coast, people now call him Baba Cote De Ivoire, “that is the name I am popular with in many countries in West Africa”.
Adisa who claimed that he can cure fibroid in only two months advised that the sickness is better treated traditionally.

He said it was not something that orthodox medicine has advantage over, insisting that with herbal medicine, a fibroid patient discharges the fibroid through the anus; the mouth (vomiting), urine or the skin pores thorough sweating.
Adisa who is currently in Nsukka on a two-month-long trade fair disclosed that the records he gathered so far in the university town showed that students and teenagers are most vulnerable group to STD infection.
He spoke to Daily Sun on his competence in the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and fibroid. Excerpts:

Inheritance
I can’t remember learning the treatment I do. I grew up and saw myself treating people. I inherited it from my grandfather; my grandfather inherited it from his ancestors. The treatment of STD is hereditary in our family. I was very close to my grandfather when he was alive. I used to enter the thick forest with him in search of herbs, roots and leaves. In the family, even though I have other senior brothers, they call me Baba - father.

Too many students have STD here
Our experience here is that teenagers are the most affected group. From our interviews, most of them are students. In very rare cases, even infants can have the infection. They can contract it from a mother who has the infection. I remember that I treated a very small girl in Ile Ife. Since I arrived at Nsukka, I have treated about 100 patients; 75 per cent of them are very young people. If a female approaches me for treatment I will first find out if she is married. If the person is married, I will insist on her bringing her husband without which, I will not treat her. I advise those who are intending to marry to go for test not only for AIDS, but for other sexually transmitted diseases. Our problem here is that many patients that come to us have no money to pay for their treatment. I do not treat AIDS.   

I treat fibroid in two months
Orthodox medical practitioners treat fibroid by operation. This is not necessary. The medicine I use for treating fibroid are in both liquid and powdered form. When the patient takes them, she can pass out the fibroid through the anus, the mouth (vomiting), urinary passage or the pores of the skin (sweating). By the grace of God I can boast that I can treat the disease in two months. I bet anybody who cares. I believe seriously in the efficacy of traditional medicine. They are very natural and have no side effect except when taken in over-dose. I am a member of the National Association of Nigeria Traditional Medicine Practitioners.

Botanic garden
Unrestricted deforestation has made it imperative for every serious traditional medicine practitioner to establish a botanical garden. We inherited the practice of going into the forest to fish out the herb and roots we need from among other plants. Entering into the jungle can be a very hazardous expedition. At times, we meet wild beasts that are hostile. At other times, one can stumble on poisonous snakes. By the grace of God, I have embarked on a botanical garden project where all the plants used in the treatment of STD can be conveniently obtained. It is an expensive and long term venture, government should assist in this regard by funding private botanical gardens and establishing public ones where our members can go and collect materials at subsidized cost. There is no doubt that investment on traditional medicine will save foreign exchange, promote importation of indigenous medicine and create employment opportunities.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/08/national-08-06-2011-0020.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

ACN Leader Arrested For Child Traficking / Anambra State Election Tribunal Panel 2, Have Proved To Be Agents Of Acn. / Church Wedding: Anatomy Of Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.