Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain (1074 Views)

Zenith Bank Commissions Christmas Lighting Decoration In Victoria Island - Pics / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja / Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by adaperry25: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
I made a transaction of 6370 naira to fund Facebook ad but when i checked my balance..i noticed zenith Bank took an extra 1000. i got furious and sent them a mail and here's the reply.

[/b]When foreign transactions are done, a notification is sent out depicting a sum of the transaction amount and an additional percentage of funds (included in order to cover for any unprecedented rise in exchange rate at the time of settlement) which at that moment, would be on hold.

In addition, when you attempt a foreign transaction using your Zenith bank debit card, 12% of the transaction amount plus the transaction amount goes on hold in your account. The 12% held is meant to leave room for rate change because the rate on the date on the day the Merchant present for debiting is usually slightly higher than the rate on the day of debit.

After settlement has been done, a second notification will be sent out depicting the actual amount that was passed for the referenced transaction after which any difference would be dropped back into the account.

A definite and precise proof of all these will be vivid in your account statement.[b]

someone should please explain this in detail
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by Penguin2: 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
What of me that UBA is holding my 7k since Oct 30 after a failed POS transaction?

Went to bank and they gave me ten days but I thought CBN said every failed transaction should be resolved within 24hrs.

I don’t understand banks these days.
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by ugwumichael(m): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
I guess the money won't be credited to Facebook as at the time of making that transaction, but will be done at a later day. Hence due to the high rate of fluctuation of the dollar they collected 1000 in case the value of naira to dollar on the day of the settlement with Facebook becomes higher so they don't run at a loss. But incase it's still the same on settlement day, they will refund you the 1000.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by airminem(f): 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
angry
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by adaperry25: 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
ugwumichael:

I guess the money won't be credited to Facebook as at the time of making that transaction, but will be done at a later day. Hence due to the high rate of fluctuation of the dollar they collected 1000 in case the value of naira to dollar on the day of the settlement with Facebook becomes higher so they don't run at a loss. But incase it's still the same on settlement day, they will refund you the 1000.
unfortunately..it wasn't returned
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by ugwumichael(m): 7:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
adaperry25:
unfortunately..it wasn't returned

When did you do the transaction
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by adaperry25: 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
ugwumichael:

When did you do the transaction
14th November
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by Johnsonclement(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
Penguin2:
What of me that UBA is holding my 7k since Oct 30 after a failed POS transaction?

Went to bank and they gave me ten days but I thought CBN said every failed transaction should be resolved within 24hrs.

Same happened to me yesterday,and they have not refund my money. Tomorrow morning I will be the first person they will see.
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by ugwumichael(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
adaperry25:

After settlement has been done, a second notification will be sent out depicting the actual amount that was passed for the referenced transaction after which any difference would be dropped back into the account.

Have they sent you the second notification yet? If No, then probably they may have not credited Facebook..

It won't be a bad idea if you email them though so you get a clearer picture of what's happening. You could as well update us so we can learn.
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
Them use Grammar confused you and me.I no understand one bit of wetin them talk.Zenith bank na debit bank.
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by divineappo(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
adaperry25:
I made a transaction of 6370 naira to fund Facebook ad but when i checked my balance..i noticed zenith Bank took an extra 1000. i got furious and sent them a mail and here's the reply.

[/b]When foreign transactions are done, a notification is sent out depicting a sum of the transaction amount and an additional percentage of funds (included in order to cover for any unprecedented rise in exchange rate at the time of settlement) which at that moment, would be on hold.

In addition, when you attempt a foreign transaction using your Zenith bank debit card, 12% of the transaction amount plus the transaction amount goes on hold in your account. The 12% held is meant to leave room for rate change because the rate on the date on the day the Merchant present for debiting is usually slightly higher than the rate on the day of debit.

A definite and precise proof of all these will be vivid in your account statement.[b]

if u can't comprehend this simple message from your bank, then your innocent parents should get a refund of school fees wasted on you

Tueh....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by Penguin2: 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
Johnsonclement:

Same happened to me yesterday,and they have not refund my money. Tomorrow morning I will be the first person they will see.
grin grin grin
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by halogate: 6:56am On Nov 18, 2021
Joysticks:
Them use Grammar confused you and me.I no understand one bit of wetin them talk.Zenith bank na debit bank.
It's simply saying they are taking extra funds Incase exchange rate increases as at when the transaction is executed. The remaining will be returned to ur acct after completion of the transaction.
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by wasiubello: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2021
adaperry25:

Op how were you paying for Facebook ads, did pay in naira or dollar for your FB ads.? Pls reply
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by JaySterling: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2021
Penguin2:

Have they credited you the 7k ?

I’m also facing the same issue. But mine is Gtbank, 12k, failed POS transaction too

Truly, all Nigerian banks are scammers
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by Penguin2: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2021
JaySterling:
Have they credited you the 7k ?

I’m also facing the same issue. But mine is Gtbank, 12k, failed POS transaction too

Truly, all Nigerian banks are scammers

I haven’t been credited o.

It’s so frustrating.

Imagine if I just asked someone for that money to get out of a situation, that’s how the money would be stuck for almost 20 days now.
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by JaySterling: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2021
Penguin2:

I haven’t been credited o.

It’s so frustrating.

Imagine if I just asked someone for that money to get out of a situation, that’s how the money would be stuck for almost 20 days now.
The decline receipt of the failed POS transaction, did you show it to the bank ?

I think that would make it faster in resolving

I’ve scanned my own receipt to my bank customer service email and I copied CBN in the mail.

Hopefully, it gets resolved soon
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by SavageResponse(m): 9:54am On Nov 18, 2021
adaperry25:

What this means is that they are holding the extra amount to use in offsetting any exchange rate differences that may happen due to further depreciation of the Naira before your transaction is concluded
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by Penguin2: 11:31am On Nov 18, 2021
JaySterling:
The decline receipt of the failed POS transaction, did you show it to the bank ?

I think that would make it faster in resolving

I’ve scanned my own receipt to my bank customer service email and I copied CBN in the mail.

Hopefully, it gets resolved soon

It’s so annoying and frustrating.
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by adaperry25: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
wasiubello:

Op how were you paying for Facebook ads, did pay in naira or dollar for your FB ads.? Pls reply
naira
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by adaperry25: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
SavageResponse:

What this means is that they are holding the extra amount to use in offsetting any exchange rate differences that may happen due to further depreciation of the Naira before your transaction is concluded
thanks
Re: I Don't Understand Zenith Bank..someone Should Explain by adaperry25: 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
SavageResponse:

but why all this cunning deductions when I'm paying with naira

(1) (Reply)

Did UBA Bank Just Wipe My Account? / Which Friend Can Tell Me The Price Of The Discs And Small Radio In This Country / Business Opportunity For Everyone: It Is A Nigerian Based Online Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.