Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,605 members, 7,830,843 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) (3997 Views)

Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government / Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by Xhuntra: 3:51am On Nov 18, 2021
unshakablejihad:

This one is obviously very dumb, his English structures and sentences confirm it.

That's tinubuadvocate the daft, for you. Very dumb fella grin

1 Like

Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by oyatz(m): 5:12am On Nov 18, 2021
chloride6:

Hmmm...

Okay, imagine if the sultan of Sokoto or Emir of Kano was Christian.

I was under the impression that Igala were predominantly Muslims..

Sultan and Emir are Islamic (Theocratic) titles.
Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by chloride6: 5:27am On Nov 18, 2021
oyatz:

Sultan and Emir are Islamic (Theocratic) titles.

Interesting...

Thanks..
Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by virtue123(m): 5:40am On Nov 18, 2021
politically appointed by the governor of the state.(yaya bello)which is wrong in the chosing process of an attah.this I what I head from a co passenger who is an igala
Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by Alusiizizi(m): 5:59am On Nov 18, 2021
johnmartus:
Igala one of the powerful kingdom in Nigeria. This kingdom conquered igbo people in early 16s and ruled them till colonial era.

In whose dream?
Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by ilebaye2017(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Your Royal Majesty, Gaabaidu. Long live the king and a prosperous Igala kingdom and her people as you reign
Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by SirNewtonNG: 2:19am On Jul 12, 2022
BKayy:

You are not siblings.
They only conquered you and gave you their language.

Rome conquered Iberian peninsula and till date, Spanish and Portuguese sound like Latin and still have much of Latin/Italian words in their vocabulary. The same can be said for Igala and Yoruba.

Just like Rome, Igala conquered Yoruba in the AD's and like a true coloniser, they passed down their language to the Yorubas which is still visible till date.

Na lie? Is Yoruba not made up of much Igala words?

What an idiot!! How does this make any sense, so if can't be yoruba defeating igala to give them their language?? grin Like what sort of logic is this if not bias and jealousy against yorubas. I wonder what is the source of this your false fabricated history.

Yoruba and Igala languages are classified as yoruboid languages. Linguist say that at some point it was one language before there was a split probabky due to the igalas migrating far away from their Kim as it is said i their oral history.

I'm guessing you're igbo or edo to form this fantasy out of jealousy and pain grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: New Attah Of Igala Crowned (pics) by SirNewtonNG: 2:22am On Jul 12, 2022
Xhuntra:

United to fight any force but u couldn't fight ordinary fulani that came, massacred ur people and took away kwara state from you?

Another hater probably some edo or igbo bigot. How maby times have your uncivilized people fought anyone. Culture less swine.

Kwara state only existed less than 50 years ago. Fulanis never fought for kwara state. Afonja the ruler of ilorin betrayed oyo and the Fulanis took over ilorin. Ilorin when trying to advance were defeated by the Ibadan and pan yoruba army who sent them back. They're only restricted to ilorin and a few towns. Many towns in kwara have obas and not under the emir. It was only carved into kwara state.

Useless jealous hateful illiterate, you'll be frustrated for life anywhere you hear about yorubas grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Booker T. Washington, Another Famous Aa Of Igbo Descent / Memories of Festac 77 / This Is The Lagos (yoruba) Wedding That Broke The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.