Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison (15906 Views)

41 African Countries Sign Military Agreements With Russia (Photos) / "Qanon Shaman" Jacob Chansley Released From Prison 14 Months Early / Christopher Stanton Commits Suicide After Arrest For Capitol Riot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by okotv(m): 8:29am On Nov 18, 2021
15ssDRIVE:

Boss,
If na black people enter capitol building. Na 41 years we go dey talk .
Punishment is involved and that's all that matters.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by okotv(m): 8:30am On Nov 18, 2021
ArewaNorth:

And those who incited and organised deliberate destruction of Govt and public properties, supervised killing of securities and eating their flesh are roaming free!
undecided cry
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by seunayantokun(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2021
wink2015:
Even the President Joe Biden that became president of the united state after Trump controversial defeat has not shown the world the stuff good american president are known for.

Biden lack the international acceptability that characterized the government of President Clinton and President Obama.

JOE BIDEN HAS NO SYMPATHY FOR AFRICA.

His behavior reflects the sporadic manner he airlifted united States forces from Afghanistan.

Clinton and Obama including President George Bush junior made some remarkable impact on Nigeria and Africa.

But Joe Biden is a strange man who want to conduct the business of us president without having any thing to do with Africa countries.

The African leaders that President Biden has shown interest to work with and has been working with is President of Kenya, Mr Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya and Mr Cyril Ramaphosa.

All of them na the same.
You should know that as Africans, the best helping hand you have, according to a motivational speaker, is on top of your arm.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by iramure(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2021
larrybabanla:
since ur mind went there first, so you had worshipped him, I believe nobody here give a f abt him
I know my people na, they can worship any white man with bear bear carrying face like him
Me, I can't worship any man.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by AyelalaOo(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2021
true2god:
What this man did is wrong however Donald Trump was rigged out of power. The rigging was so clear and even uncoordinated.
what do you know, you're just a slave here.
You don't even have any evidence and you say it's clear, just go and clear your head

1 Like

Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Buckeyemedia1: 9:15am On Nov 18, 2021
okotv:
In a country that it's justice system works. In Nigeria, those who supervised the lootings and destructions of the endsars carnage are still roaming about.
DJ Switch & Falz.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by irumanle(m): 9:26am On Nov 18, 2021
okotv:
In a country that it's justice system works. In Nigeria, those who supervised the lootings and destructions of the endsars carnage are still roaming about.
This one is in severe pain. Do whatever you like with this piece of information.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by stayclearofme: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2021
htdot:
are you a dumbass?
No sir I am not. Are you stupid?
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by mpire: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
true2god:
What this man did is wrong however Donald Trump was rigged out of power. The rigging was so clear and even uncoordinated.

So says an empty brain that won't go and confront thugs snatching his life away via ballot boxes. The question is what concerns you a.holes with US election again? Ordinary local govt election you can't conduct successfully. You clowns should stay in your lane.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by sapientia(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
He won't be alive in Nigeria
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Walkee:
as if black didn't loot stores, burn court buildings for 3 months straight without anyone arresting them

Attacking the capital building and looting shouldn’t carry the same punishment.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by okotv(m): 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
irumanle:
This one is in severe pain. Do whatever you like with this piece of information.
Pain ke grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Golan007:

Very difficult to prove but one could be charged for lesser crimes which would stick.
You can prove what didn't hapen in a court room.. You can only propagate it in a television studio like CNN does.

It's a shame, lots of people believe the charade
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Golan007: 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:

You can prove what didn't hapen in a court room.. You can only propagate it in a television studio like CNN does.

It's a shame, lots of people believe the charade

This guy got 41 months.

Guess it was for just taking a walk.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
emae009:

smh... even after all the whole explanation and stuff, there must always be some people. Did you read the extract from tthe ENDSARS report from the panel? If you did and still have no clue why they called what happened on January 6th an insurrection then there's no helping you
You clearly need some edu cation here and I would happily give it to you.
1. There is no semblance between the endsars and what happened in January 6th.
2. No one person was charged for insurrection. There is not evidence that anyone was planning or attempting to take over the American government. Unless maybe you have so evidence that the American Justice department does not have.
3.The minimum Jail term for insurrection is 5 years. No one was giving up to 4 years of jail.

Some of us speak with facts and not passion like Don lemon and his other cnn folks.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
Golan007:

This guy got 41 months.

Guess it was for just taking a walk.
You really need to read his charges.
The minimum jail term for an insurrection is 5 years not 3 and half years.

Do you even know what an insurrection is?
Please stop depending on nairaland for your news
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Golan007: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:

You really need to read his charges.
The minimum jail term for an insurrection is 5 years not 3 and half years.

Do you even know what an insurrection is?
Please stop depending on nairaland for your news

Shatap.

Was he convicted of taking a walk in the park?
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
Golan007:

Shatap.

Was he convicted of taking a walk in the park?
I WAS WRONG IN THINKING YOU WOULD BE ACADEMIC ABOUT THIS.
KEEP GETTING ALL YOUR NEWS FROM NAIRALAND.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by emae009(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:

You clearly need some edu cation here and I would happily give it to you.
1. There is no semblance between the endsars and what happened in January 6th.
2. No one person was charged for insurrection. There is not evidence that anyone was planning or attempting to take over the American government. Unless maybe you have so evidence that the American Justice department does not have.
3.The minimum Jail term for insurrection is 5 years. No one was giving up to 4 years of jail.

Some of us speak with facts and not passion like Don lemon and his other cnn folks.

clearly comprehension is your problem. Since you're begging to be schooled. HERE WE GO!!!
1) I never equate the ENDSARS to the Jan 6th Insurrection. I said if you read the ENDSARS report. An extract from report said that for soldiers and law enforcement to open fire on peaceful protesters can in that context be termed "Massacre". The dictionary definition of Massacre carries a different definition.
2) Using #1, let me break it down to you why the media use Insurrection but prosecutors can't.
I) How many arms of Government do we have in Democracy? Executive, Legislature and the Judiciary.
II) what was going on in Capitol Hill when they protesters broke through the barriers?
Congress was in session to confirm Joe Biden as the next President of USA.
iii) Did the protesters stop a legitimate and lawful democratic process enshrined in the Constitution? Yes, by virtue of breaking through the barriers, they for a moment stopped Congress from carrying out their lawful duty.
Now as you guys so very much like to bring up the dictionary meaning of insurrection. Answer this simple question, if they have succeeded in stopping Congress from confirming Joe Biden, is that not similar to saying they overthrew Joe Biden incoming government. Question 2: what would you call that?

Answer the two questions and I'll gladly continue your classes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Golan007: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:

I WAS WRONG IN THINKING YOU WOULD BE ACADEMIC ABOUT THIS.
KEEP GETTING ALL YOUR NEWS FROM NAIRALAND.

You guys first said we shouldn't watch CNN but Biden won despite you lot downplaying his chances.

Now, you've come down to Nairaland.

grin
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Golan007: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2021
emae009:

clearly comprehension is your problem. Since you're begging to be schooled. HERE WE GO!!!
1) I never equate the ENDSARS to the Jan 6th Insurrection. I said if you read the ENDSARS report. An extract from report said that for soldiers and law enforcement to open fire on peaceful protesters can in that context be termed "Massacre". The dictionary definition of Massacre carries a different definition.
2) Using #1, let me break it down to you why the media use Insurrection but prosecutors can't.
I) How many arms of Government do we have in Democracy? Executive, Legislature and the Judiciary.
II) what was going on in Capitol Hill when they protesters broke through the barriers?
iii) Did the protesters stop a legitimate and lawful democratic process enshrined in the Constitution? Yes, by virtue of breaking through the barriers, they for a moment stopped Congress from carrying out their lawful duty.
Now as you guys so very much like to bring up the dictionary meaning of insurrection. Answer this simple question, if they have succeeded in stopping Congress from confirming Joe Biden, is that not similar to saying they overthrew Joe Biden incoming government. Question 2: what would you call that?

Watch how hw would dribble past you like Maradona.

That is if he's even civil.

His go-to tactic would be insults.

1 Like

Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
Golan007:

You guys first said we shouldn't watch CNN but Biden won despite you lot downplaying his chances.

Now, you've come down to Nairaland.

grin
I never told you what to watch. You are just all over the place. What does this have to do with Biden. Are you into comedy or are you just confused.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
emae009:

The media accused the rioters of an insurrection but the justice department knew better.
As much as you and cnn wanted this to be an insurrection, the American law felt different. If you are not satisfied with the law then I can't help you

1 Like

Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Golan007: 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:
I never told you what to watch. You are just all over the place. What does this have to do with Biden. Are you into comedy or are you just confused.

He earlier pleaded guilty to one felony count of obstruction in an official proceeding.

That was easier to prove and even better, that was what he pled.

Go to sleep if you don't understand how prosecution works.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Golan007:

He earlier pleaded guilty to one felony count of obstruction in an official proceeding.

That was easier to prove and even better, that was what he pled.

Go to sleep if you don't understand how prosecution works.
Law professor.. you obviously understand prosecution more then the American government.
They couldn't find him guilty of an insurrection but you can. It's a pity you can't do much with your Superior skills but argue with me on nairaland.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Golan007: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:

Law professor.. you obviously understand prosecution more then the American government.
They couldn't find him guilty of an insurrection but you can. It's a pity you can't do much with your Superior skills but argue with me on nairaland.

He pled guilty.

They nailed him for the easiest charge they could get on him.

I know your kind.

When a man is nailed for manslaughter you would say he never killed the victim.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by tctrills: 5:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Golan007:

He pled guilty.

They nailed him for the easiest charge they could get on him.

I know your kind.

When a man is nailed for manslaughter you would say he never killed the victim.
OK professor.. we know we're we both stand and we can't convince each other.
Enjoy the rest of your day
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by Golan007: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:

OK professor.. we know we're we both stand and we can't convince each other.
Enjoy the rest of your day

Ok student.

You are dismissed.
Re: Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison by emae009(m): 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
tctrills:

The media accused the rioters of an insurrection but the justice department knew better.
As much as you and cnn wanted this to be an insurrection, the American law felt different. If you are not satisfied with the law then I can't help you

You didn't answer my questions so there's no point continuing this conversation with you.
PS: The Law is clear and precise (there's no ambiguity in the law court) but the media have creative freedom (they can make something as dramatic as they want). So Child, because the media said insurrection doesn't mean that's what they were going to be charged with. Haven't you heard of cases that the media call murder but they accused is charged with manslaughter.
You really need to read more. it will help you a lot. Find something you like and do and be happy instead of spending your time looking for conspiracy and something to hate on to make yourself feel better (because you kept saying CNN when majority of the media use the term insurrection)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Michigan Supreme Court Rules That Trump Will Stay On State Ballot / Putin Warns NATO Of World War III / Saudi Arabia Expels Canada’s Ambassador For ‘interference In Domestic Affairs’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.