Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,282 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) (2723 Views)

Ghanaians Now Use Tinubu To Banter Nigerians / Army To Probe, Punish Personnel Involved In Extortion Of Borno Commuters / Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Ihatethemods2: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2021
New Ways Police Officers use in extorting motorist with Tinted Cars in Calabar

My name is Leroi Emmy and I'm a YouTuber.

I had a very bitter and shameful experience with some men of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), two days ago in Calabar, Cross River State - and I think this is their new way of extorting well meaning Nigerians of their hard earned money.

I would like to share my experience for everyone to learn, and be on the know about this new style of extortion.

So, the day before Yesterday (Tuesday, November 16, 2021) at about 11:00am, I was driving through a street known as 'Target Road' when I suddenly bumped into some police officers, who mounted road blocks just few meters from Uddy king filling station.

They stopped me and asked for my car particulars, including my tinted permit. I pulled over and handed all my particulars and papers to them.

Surprisingly, the officer told me my tinted permit was fake. That was after he pretended to have scanned it with a fake app he has on his phone. I told him it wasn't, because I got it from the biometric department of the Criminal Intelligence Bureau (CIB), Calabar.

His colleagues then joined him. And they "fake scanned" again, and insisted my permit was fake. In fact, they said my permit was issued in April, whereas, the IG suspended issuance of permits in February. That I must have gotten this fake copy through a dubious way. Another argument then ensued - and when I told them the issuance of permit was suspended in June and not February, they didn't know what to say. But they still insisted my permit was fake.

One of them hopped into my car, and they asked me to drive to their station. I told them to rather take me to the state police biometrics office, so we could easily confirm if my permit was truly fake or not from their system but they insisted I drive to their station; I drove to the Akim Police Station, Calabar. And my car was impounded.

I then called a police officer who works with the biometric department and explained my ordeal. I told the officer some policemen said the tinted permit I got from their office was fake.

The officer came down to Akim Police station and explained to them that I got it through the right source, directly from their office (CIB) and it can't be fake. But these other officers insisted it was fake. And they still "fake scanned" it in the presence of the said officer, unbeknownst to CIB personnel, they were using a fake app.

At the end of the day, these men insisted I pay 5k to get my car. But after much argument, I gave them 2k.

Yesterday (Wednesday, November 17, 2021), I visited the State Criminal Investigation Bureau to truly confirm the authenticity of my permit. And I noticed it was original. We used different scanners to scan it, and my name and everything popped up in all, when we used the official NPF website to confirm, it was also authentic.

But these dubious officers claimed my permit was fake because they couldn't see my name nor credentials after scanning it with their fake app. I had no idea I could download a QR scanner and do it myself, I was only told that when I visited the state CIB office.

My advise to every Nigerian driving a tinted car is to always have a scanner on their phone because these officers use fake scanners to frame up motorists in a bid to extort them.

The authorities of the Nigeria Police Force really need to do something to curb the rate of illegality and crime perpetrated by some of their personnels because it is giving the force a bad name.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by madridguy(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2021
The men in black uniform can never change.
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by osamz007: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2021

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Hashabiah: 10:06am On Nov 18, 2021
Op, the Nigerian police has been compromised even before independence, and you should thank your God they didn't take you aside to assault or press another unrelated charge on your vehicle .

3 Likes

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by thesicilian: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2021
Thank God for your life first of all. Yes, the Nigerian police is so dangerous that you have to thank God for sparing your life anytime you come in contact with them and leave intact.

And it's not about whether your papers are complete or not. If it wasn't your tinted permit it would have been something else, maybe even your phone or laptop. They're worse than the criminals they have been employed to combat
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by madmohamed(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2021
Ihatethemods2:
New Ways Police Officers used to extort motorist with Tinted Cars in Calabar

I had a very bitter and shameful experience with some men of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), two days ago in Calabar, Cross River State - and I think this is their new way of extorting well meaning Nigerians of their hard earned money.

I would like to share my experience for everyone to learn, and be on the know about this new style of extortion.

So, the day before Yesterday (Tuesday, November 16, 2021) at about 11:00am, I was driving through a street known as 'Target Road' when I suddenly bumped into some police officers, who mounted road blocks just few meters from Uddy king filling station.

They stopped me and asked for my car particulars, including my tinted permit. I pulled over and handed all my particulars and papers to them.

Surprisingly, the officer told me my tinted permit was fake. That was after he pretended to have scanned it with a fake app he has on his phone. I told him it wasn't, because I got it from the biometric department of the Criminal Intelligence Bureau (CIB), Calabar.

His colleagues then joined him. And they "fake scanned" again, and insisted my permit was fake. In fact, they said my permit was issued in April, whereas, the IG suspended issuance of permits in February. That I must have gotten this fake copy through a dubious way. Another argument then ensued - and when I told them the issuance of permit was suspended in June and not February, they didn't know what to say. But they still insisted my permit was fake.

One of them hopped into my car, and they asked me to drive to their station. I told them to rather take me to the state police biometrics office, so we could easily confirm if my permit was truly fake or not from their system but they insisted I drive to their station; I drove to the Akim Police Station, Calabar. And my car was impounded.

I then called a police officer who works with the biometric department and explained my ordeal. I told the officer some policemen said the tinted permit I got from their office was fake.

The officer came down to Akim Police station and explained to them that I got it through the right source, directly from their office (CIB) and it can't be fake. But these other officers insisted it was fake. And they still "fake scanned" it in the presence of the said officer, unbeknownst to CIB personnel, they were using a fake app.

At the end of the day, these men insisted I pay 5k to get my car. But after much argument, I gave them 2k.

Yesterday (Wednesday, November 17, 2021), I visited the State Criminal Investigation Bureau to truly confirm the authenticity of my permit. And I noticed it was original. We used different scanners to scan it, and my name and everything popped up in all, when we used the official NPF website to confirm, it was also authentic.

But these dubious officers claimed my permit was fake because they couldn't see my name nor credentials after scanning it with their fake app. I had no idea I could download a QR scanner and do it myself, I was only told that when I visited the state CIB office.

My advise to every Nigerian driving a tinted car is to always have a scanner on their phone because these officers use fake scanners to frame up motorists in a bid to extort them.

The authorities of the Nigeria Police Force really need to do something to curb the rate of illegality and crime perpetrated by some of their personnels because is it giving the force bad name.
UGM should visit them and do the right thing

3 Likes

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Jostoman: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2021
Nigeria police
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by MasterofNL: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2021
Are all your glasses tinted or factory tinted?
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 18, 2021
Don't allow them to take you to station.

N1k will do the job on the road.

Sometimes we spend our money where we are not supposed to. Use your money to save your time.

1 Like

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Shellsploit: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2021
Na who get break dey stop for Nigeria Police Force!

1 Like

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2021
Thank you for this infomation because it was timely.
Ihatethemods2:

The authorities of the Nigeria Police Force really need to do something to curb the rate of illegality and crime perpetrated by some of their personnels because is it giving the force a bad name.

1 Like

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by APCNig: 11:53am On Nov 18, 2021
osamz007:
That's when dey díe I just smile and move on

You smile and move on? I laugh my ass out and fall down laughing loud. Useless licensed criminals

1 Like

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by b3llo(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
There is no short cut to greatness. This is the reason they retire poor and look rejected like food sacrificed for the gods.
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by FahBuLous: 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ihatethemods2:

The authorities of the Nigeria Police Force really need to do something to curb the rate of illegality and crime perpetrated by some of their personnels because it is giving the force a bad name.
Sorry for ur experience..
Can you please teach me how to be a YouTuber??
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by gamblers(m): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
Guy your story too long
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Bigfish121(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
I try as much as possible to avoid the Nigerian police.
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Xavier70s: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Last week , police ask uber driver , show me your medical report . I no believe watin I hear.
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Ezemarcel(m): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Sometimes we spend our money where we are not supposed to. Use your money to save your time.
God will punish you and your kind in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

1k would have solved all the delay... Now he lost time, money, and the energy arguing heaven knows what ... You can't argue with a dumbo

1 Like

Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by ETIIKO: 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sorry my brother. It's not easy at all; fellow human being when they put on uniforms becomes another ALTERNATIVE MASQUERADE' seeking for every indirect and subtle ways and means to satisfy themselves.
Thereafter, they look and seek for help!
Re: New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ezemarcel:
God will punish you and your kind in Nigeria

Your stupidity is enough to punish you.

God shouldn't be disturbed.

(1) (Reply)

Who Can You Identify From This Picture / 2023: We’re Not Slaves, We’ll Support Obi — PDP Chieftain / Why Northern Preachers Are Seriously Against Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.