Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded (15311 Views)

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by APCNig: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sack them all. For several decades, they were collecting Salaries without doing any work. Some were even employed and from his employment date till his retirement, he did not do any work because the Rail Transport
was grounded. Small work now, they are asking for increase in Salaries

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by seguno2: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
900warriorz:
Don't blame the railway workers..no one will hear the kind of money these politicians steal and compare it to the stipend the work hard for and still remain sane...all they are asking for is their pay, not even a pay raise.

Na people Fathers be that oo...bread winner of families

You too wise, bro.
Are you sure you are one of us 200 million Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by seguno2: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
APCNig:
Sack them all. For several decades, they were collecting Salaries without doing any work. Some were even employed and from his employment date till his retirement, he did not do any work because the Rail Transport

How much work has your local government councillors done since 1999?
And how much salaries and benefits have they received since then, compared to the railway workers
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Grace001: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
isram:
Who cursed this country, noting government put hand wen dey get head

That’s because Nigeria is a country built on lies and deceit and no justice for aggrieved people or those that were killed unjust

No be curse a country like that can never know peace or progress
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by princdebola201(m): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Unpatriotic idiots. When railways weren't working no complain
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
No worries.

We will relocate that train to Niger republic, since you guys don't appreciate APC government.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Skillsnigeria: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by seguno2: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
Robisky001:
That's how Bubu plunged Nigeria into a state of comatose. Yet some irredeemable zombies have already started canvassing for Pro. Max version of Bubu with brown teeth.

grin cheesy

See bad guy.
Abi ya name is Falz wink
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by shopwiser: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Any body that deal with this guy will regret.. he is a thief impersonatiolng being an officer plus he is a ritualist.. i barely escaped with my life 2 days ago... Police is on the matter... His guy almost stab me 2 days ago...i was stabbed in my hands inside the same barracks....I tried purchasing his redmi note 9s and i was scammed 43k... Aje... on my ancestors i will hunt you down... You can't escape...you will see...

This is his number.. 09131490899. He calls himself Lieutenant ifeanyi.

The account number he uses to steal is

2040300362 FIRST BANK

BRINGIDE AMBER ROSE

I have pictures of the guy too...

He is a thief... Serious thief....

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Eriokanmi: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
Iru govt wo leleyi bayii naw undecided
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Bayaar02(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
Why should they ask for their right.
Are they trying to say the government is inconsiderate?
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Eriokanmi: 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
shopwiser:
Any body that deal with this guy will regret.. he is a thief impersonatiolng being an officer plus he is a ritualist.. i barely escaped with my life 2 days ago... Police is on the matter... His guy almost stab me 2 days ago...i was stabbed in my hands inside the same barracks....I tried purchasing his redmi note 9s and i was scammed 43k... Aje... on my ancestors i will hunt you down... You can't escape...you will see...

This is his number.. 09131490899. He calls himself Lieutenant ifeanyi.

The account number he uses to steal is

2040300362 FIRST BANK

BRINGIDE AMBER ROSE

I have pictures of the guy too...

He is a thief... Serious thief....
But why you no waka go Ikeja if you dey lagos or you buy on jumia or konga instead? I guessed you were looking for a much cheaper model....

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Reference(m): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
apacheguy:
Everything in the country is really frustrating and everybody is fighting for their pockets, they are not fighting for the good of the society.

When the same staffs were hoarding train tickets and selling at Black markets, they never knew their benefits are not paid, but when they have no ways of shortchanging the gov't and the masses, they remembered their welfare.

Government itself doesn't care about the welfare and living standards of the citizenry talk more of it's own workforce.

Till the day we understand that by lifting the society, we're lifting our individual selves, it'll always be one agitation or the other

That is why we continue to say....GOVERMENT HAS NO BUSINESS IN BUSINESS.
When was the last time MTN, GLO or Air Peace was unavailable due to strikes.
Are there workers in those establishments stealing..... of course, but it is none of our business...... because it is a BUSINESS.
So, withdraw this your line of thought and deepen it my friend.
The average Nigerian is NOT INTERESTED in how establishments are run.
They should just run.
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by chukxie(m): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
I wish the Chinese or a reliable private company were granted the rights to operate and maintain the trains, train terminals because Nigeria has/Nigerians have a knack for ruining good things. I've never seen such a never-do-well country in my entire life!
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by barragan: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
All the years train was not working, I did not hear that these clowns go on strike oo. It appears they are not used to working everyday.
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by JAWBONE(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
This is the achievement Buhari and his idiotic supporters will not let us rest about.

Was at the station at Moniya before I learnt they were on strike. Imagine if rail was the only option. The idiotic zombies are very quick to draw parallels between Nigeria and other nations but no where in the world is things as dysfunctional as they are in Nigeria
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Agricmoney(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
Make them chill small na.No be everyone dey use that means of transportation for now

i choose agriculture any day any time
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Igboland: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
Of you are truthful you will see the pro version of bubu is the Pandora Peter Obi with his Azu massacre tormenting both of you.

Robisky001:
That's how Bubu plunged Nigeria into a state of comatose. Yet some irredeemable zombies have already started canvassing for Pro. Max version of Bubu with brown teeth.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by fredoooooo: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
Make life unbearable for yourself, strike !!!! dem no born una well if una no strike .
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
900warriorz:
Don't blame the railway workers..no one will hear the kind of money these politicians steal and compare it to the stipend they work hard for and still remain sane...all they are asking for is their pay, not even a pay raise.

Na people Fathers be that oo...bread winner of families

Honestly, even if they're demanding for a pay raise isn't it justified, the inflation in the country is unbearable, they don't have good welfare and allowance (didn't NIMC do same), they are a revenue generating federal agency and the salary of their staffs are so poor, even agencies that don't generate revenue earn way better (Haba), who dem offend, you want to run a quality standard sector like railway and you don't want to pay the staff well so that they can work at their best to benefit Nigerians (haba), it's just wickedness, if you hear what better countries pay their railway sector staffs na shame go catch us, FG should do the needful abeg, their welfare should be looked into so that progress can be made, if you go to their office in Abuja, they don't even have staff bus for transport and proper accomodations & the worst is the pay at the end of the month (it's really poor for a revenue generating agency), Onyinbo people don research this things, workers are way more productive when happy. FG should be wise before the only thing (railway sector) that people hail them for spoils.
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by SIONKPO1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
barragan:
All the years train was not working, I did not hear that these clowns go on strike oo. It appears they are not used to working everyday.
Shame on you,let me.enlighten you and your like minds
ND holder earns 32k
BSC earns 53k
Railway work is 24hours
and 365day.
For example,The money you will spend on transportation alone in a month may be up to your salary,no railway staff lives a decent lifestyle
True to investigate an issue before arriving at your erroneous conclusion
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by barragan: 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
SIONKPO1:

Shame on you,let me.enlighten you and your like minds
ND holder earns 32k
BSC earns 53k
Railway work is 24hours
and 365day.
For example,The money you will spend on transportation alone in a month may be up to your salary,no railway staff lives a decent lifestyle
True to investigate an issue before arriving at your erroneous conclusion

Shut up, what nonsense enlightenment did you do? Were they working before now? Were they not receiving salaries all of these years without working? Suddenly the trains are running again they now remember that their salaries are not enough for them. Rubbish.
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by SIONKPO1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
barragan:

Shut up, what nonsense enlightenment did you do? Were they working before now? Were they not receiving salaries all of these years without working? Suddenly the trains are running again they now remember that their salaries are not enough for them. Rubbish.
Who made the Trains not to be working and what about now that its working and also generating billions for the government,why didn't government pay them off
You lack manners boy
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by deleo16(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
apacheguy:
Everything in the country is really frustrating and everybody is fighting for their pockets, they are not fighting for the good of the society.

When the same staffs were hoarding train tickets and selling at Black markets, they never knew their benefits are not paid, but when they have no ways of shortchanging the gov't and the masses, they remembered their welfare.

Government itself doesn't care about the welfare and living standards of the citizenry talk more of it's own workforce.

Till the day we understand that by lifting the society, we're lifting our individual selves, it'll always be one agitation or the other
Govt should concession most of.his parastatal a PPP agreement
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by deleo16(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
barragan:

exactly
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by Bashir75: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Robisky001:

Would you shut up Bobrisky? It’s obviously you and your ipobian brothers are senseless. The shutdown of the train station should alert all Nigerians who are sensible and love Nigeria as a country.

These clowns employees of Nigeria railways have been collecting salaries and bonuses for decades when all our railway systems are in comatose. No single protest from these saboteurs for collecting salaries without working but these vagabonds activist railway employees woke up when we have some semblance of functionalities in their sector.

Why are Nigerians so corrupt just like our leaders? Why are we not calling them out for jeopardizing the sector we borrowed loans to developed ? Where is our love for Nigeria and our passion to see the nation succeed? APC, PDP, APGA and all others, regardless of our affiliations should be against these clowns who have benefitted for decades of earning without commiserate work?
[color=#000000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by barcaboi(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2021
Robisky001:
Trains that didn’t exist before; has been ever owed workers salaries?
Re: Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded by treesun: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2021
APCNig:

Haba!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does It Snow In Jos? / FRSC Does Not Seek Introduction Of Sharia Law. Recalls Yusuf Abdullahi / Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.