Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Happy International Men's Day! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy International Men's Day! (451 Views)

Happy International Women's Day 2024 / Happy International Women's Day 2023 / Today Is International Men's Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy International Men's Day! by Benblaq(m): 5:21am On Nov 19, 2021
Over the years, Statistics from research has shown that:
76% of suicides are men
85% of homeless are men
70% of homicide victims are men
40% of domestic abuse victims are men
Men are the major victims of violent crimes
Men on average spend 64% longer in prison
Men on average are 3.4 times more likely to be imprisoned than women when both committed the same crime.

Critical evaluation proves that these statistics, though seem normal, are reasons why fighting for gender equality was and is not just worthy of our time/energy. Reasonable persons who have studied the cycle turned around to fight for equity, while some others still dedicate their whole life fighting for what is not lost.

Right from inception (religiously, traditionally and every other categorizations), it has never been a cozy bed of rose for both gender, but only one of the two is saddled with much more of the load, coupled with our self-made societal ethics that add pressure to make worse things worst.

Right from a tender age the male child is soaked in this wrong mentality of being stronger than himself; that is why he falls, gets injured and “do not cry, you are a boy” rings from his mother and aunties. Forgetting that a tree that does not bend to the direction of the wind will end up breaking. The boy will later grow up to be this half-baked adult with little or no right orientation of life in his head. One little mistake he makes in life, that ordinarily would be a case to cry for days and move on, would eat him from the inside like cancer and later go on to make him end his life. All these most times come from the effects of the societal ethics that gave him: a specific age limit to become a millionaire otherwise be counted as a failure, academic intellect as a benchmark/standard to rate him amongst his age mates and size of bank account to decide how serious his words are to be taken in a meeting.

Along the line, he grows into a father with a wife and kids, surviving the hurdles of life through perspiration and stress. At the end of everyday after work, how he thinks about the rent, school fees, foodstuffs, transportation fare and clothings while playing with his kids is surely not an easy task. One way or the other he manages to maneuver through all of them at the end of the year, and the cycle continues from the drawing board again the next year.

A little slip or show of lackadaisical attitude in his fatherly duties earns him a "wayward daddy" name, and if things are not amended before his time on earth runs out, he goes back to the dust with not just a bad name but also a terrible long-lasting memory of his entire life. Which is sometimes not a fault of his, but the society is not always around at this time to take a share of the blame. Pathetic, right? Right.

With all these, experts saw the necessity to dedicate one day to celebrate the male gender, and 19th November of every year became THE INTERNATIONAL MEN'S DAY! E shock you? If e easy to be man Bob Risky and him likes for no run, you know the matters na.

So this is me wishing:
The strongest comrade I have ever known, my father a blissful life ahead.
My brother, Samuel a blissful life ahead
My male friends and coursemates (who are too numerous to mention) a blissful life ahead.
All the alpha males on Nairaland, Lalasticlala and Seun a blissful life ahead.

Rest in peace to Doctor Crytal Akpan, the UCTH cardiologist who died days ago. Journey in the light, sir.

Jah guide us all.

Obrigado!

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by Deborah98(f): 5:55am On Nov 19, 2021
If I've never seen my father cry, overwork himself or think his brain out then I'm not worthy to be called his daughter. One surprising thing about my dad and men in general is that they know how to bottle up their emotions and fears. Regardless of this they still show us love,care for us, assist us in areas we're incapacitated and most times deprive their happiness just to see us smile. Awwwmmnn such a cute love. God bless you dad. God bless our guys,men dem and fathers. God bless every hard-working man out there. I love you all cheesy.. HAPPY INTERNATIONAL MEN'S DAY from Debbie.

3 Likes

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by Benblaq(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2021
Deborah98:
If I've never seen my father cry, overwork himself or think his brain out then I'm not worthy to be called his daughter. One surprising thing about my dad and men in general is that they know how to bottle up their emotions and fears. Regardless of this they still show us love,care for us, assist us in areas we're incapacitated and most times deprive their happiness just to see us smile. Awwwmmnn such a cute love. God bless you dad. God bless our guys,men dem and fathers. God bless every hard-working man out there. I love you all cheesy.. HAPPY INTERNATIONAL MEN'S DAY from Debbie.
Now this is a very emotional note. God bless the men! God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by Richy4(m): 6:36am On Nov 19, 2021
Deborah98:

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Wow!!! That was heart warming and an emotional tribute... God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by Vwoman200: 6:53am On Nov 19, 2021
Happy International Men's Day kiss
To the boys who became brothers,friends, cousins, lovers, men, who became husbands, fathers, uncles, Guardians, priests, grandfather's, head of our homes.

To my awesome father who is now resting in peace, to my brothers who are my soldiers and troubleshooter, to my amazing husband, Cheers to all the wonderful years you have been a shoulder to lean on, a di:¦ck to ride on and a friend to share laughter with.

For all the men who are having a hard time putting their family together due to financial, health or personal reasons and difficulties, may luck shine on you soon.

2 Likes

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by Davash222(m): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2021
The only creature made from God's image.

Happy international men's day to every Sensible men out there.

4 Likes

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by engrsyer(m): 7:14am On Nov 19, 2021
I am a proud to be a father and man.
This thread is strictly for men and female gender

Boys(unmarried men) are not allowed here.

Happy International Men's Day to all the Men all over the world.

It is not easy to be responsible and keeping to your responsibilities.

God bless our souls

2 Likes

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by bukatyne(f): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2021
Happy Men's Day to all the men created and born naturally as men.

4 Likes

Re: Happy International Men's Day! by ImaIma1(f): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2021
Men should be loved and supported. More people should realize that men also need care and attention. They should be checked on to be sure they are fine mentally, physically, etc.

Happy international Men's day to all our men. And special shoutout to the main man wink.

With love from
Ima

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

. / What Kind Of Man Get Depressed After Having A Baby? / Why Are The Girl Child Trained Different From The Boy Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.