Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

The Possibility Of Another #endsars Protest (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Possibility Of Another #endsars Protest (opinion) (294 Views)

PDP Planning Chaos, Labour Party Mobilising For Another ENDSARS- APC / Have Reported Sowore And Those Planning Another Endsars To Nigerian Army (pics) / Cryptocurrency: Fg's Decision Is As A Result Of The #EndSARS Protest - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Possibility Of Another #endsars Protest (opinion) by Babasonny(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
20th October 2020 is a date, Nigerians cannot forget in a hurry. This day witness the massacre of Nigeria youth protesting peacefully against police brutality and bad governance at the Lekki Tollgate,Lagos Nigeria.
Afterwards,the Lagos State government constituted a panel to investigate all that happened before,during and after the protest. Recently,the Lagos State panel submitted her report to the Lagos state government.
The report indicted the federal government,the military,the minister of information and the police. It is not enough to submit the report without the necessary authorities bringing those indicted to book.
I fear for another and tougher #EndSars protest if the recommendation of the Judicial panel is swept under the carpet. To ensure what we do not experience another #EndSars protest, I call on the relevant authorities to implement the recommendations of the panel to the later.
©Baba Sonny.
Re: The Possibility Of Another #endsars Protest (opinion) by Aonkuuse(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Recommendations that are full of nonsense? I supported this EndSars thing with full chest but with the allegations against the panel that are obvious makes me wonder if really our problem is the leadership, how will someone who claim to be fighting injustice be sharing money with victims?? The ones that some are even fake

You claim to be fighting for people and yet you are absent at a panel setting for over 70% time of the panel sitting

If you ask me, sentiments aside, Nigerian masses were used as a political tool during the EndSars to achieve a certain political goal by few individuals and it seems they have succeeded.

The few capitalized on the problem Nigerians were facing and are still facing to achieve their goal and nothing more.

If not what has changed after the protest Nothing!!! Did they even had any strategy in the first place Absolutely none!!!

Even if there is any other protest, nothing will change again, it will rather worsen the situation of the masses while the few achieve their political goals. I can't go out and risk my life for anyone to smile home in his comfort zone while my family or myself face agony

2 Likes

Re: The Possibility Of Another #endsars Protest (opinion) by Babasonny(m): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nigeria is a hell of a country where fake ppl abound. They ll claim to be fighting for the good of all but behind this, is a very big selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: The Possibility Of Another #endsars Protest (opinion) by Babasonny(m): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
Aonkuuse:
Recommendations that are full of nonsense? I supported this EndSars thing with full chest but with the allegations against the panel that are obvious makes me wonder if really our problem is the leadership, how will someone who claim to be fighting injustice be sharing money with victims?? The ones that some are even fake

You claim to be fighting for people and yet you are absent at a panel setting for over 70% time of the panel sitting

If you ask me, sentiments aside, Nigerian masses were used as a political tool during the EndSars to achieve a certain political goal by few individuals and it seems they have succeeded.

The few capitalized on the problem Nigerians were facing and are still facing to achieve their goal and nothing more.

If not what has changed after the protest Nothing!!! Did they even had any strategy in the first place Absolutely none!!!

Even if there is any other protest, nothing will change again, it will rather worsen the situation of the masses while the few achieve their political goals. I can't go out and risk my life for anyone to smile home in his comfort zone while my family or myself face agony
Nigeria is a hell of a country

(1) (Reply)

#endsars Panel Blames Computer For Errors In Report / Lagos Is Second Least Liveable City In The World For 2021 / Open Letter To Okezie Ikpeazu By Umeh Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.