Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank (434 Views)

Breaking News: Innoson Takes Over GT Bank Over #8.7 Billion Judgment Debt / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by Asiri1991: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Innocent Chukwuma, chairman, Innoson Group, says his relationship with Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) now Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc (GTCO Plc) changed after the exit of the former chief executive officer (CEO), Olutayo Aderinokun.
Aderinokun died in 2011 after a protracted illness.

Chukwuma, in an interview with journalists on Tuesday, said the money owed him by the bank would soon surpass their capacity, claiming that he may soon take over the bank’s assets.
Innoson and GTB have had a business dispute leading to a prolonged legal battle.
But the bank successfully completed the restructuring — now known as Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc (GTCO Plc).

The billionaire businessman, at the media briefing, recounted that his relationship with the bank had been extremely cordial during the tenure of Aderinokun.

“I was GTBANK’s best customer in the south-east when Tayo, the former MD, was alive. Because of this, they opened a branch in Nnewi. After Tayo, the new MD took over. I don’t even know him. I saw him for the first time last year,” Chukuma said.

“They started fighting me (the new MD). I don’t know exactly what his problem is.
“But finally, I have proved him wrong in everything. I have defeated him in all the courts we went to. The only thing left is for him to pay me what he owes me.

“He was going to my account and taking money anyhow. I discovered it, took him to court and won. Up till now, he hasn’t paid and we have gone up to supreme court. Maybe he hasn’t paid because he wants Nigeria to change their law because of him.”

The CEO explained that he would no longer “disturb” the bank to pay the debt.

According to him, he would take over the bank when it gets to the point that the bank cannot pay the principal amount plus 22 percent accrued interest.

Advertisement
“The beauty of the whole thing is that the money is attracting the interest of 22 percent. So, I am waiting for the interest to be above their capacity so I can take over the bank,” Chukuma said.

“That’s what I am waiting for. I am not disturbing them anymore. I am assuring all the customers of GTB that if I take over, I would still run it well. They shouldn’t fear. I haven’t done any business that fails.

“I will run it better than them. If they cannot pay me, I have no choice but to take over the management.”

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/innoson-chairman-my-relationship-with-gtbank-changed-after-ex-md-exit

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by triple996(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Innoson that will soon be burnt down by ipob.
Abeg jooo no election in biafraland grin

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by Waterysperm: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
triple996:
I know that is your wish this Futa Jalon Headslammer. You will soon die of heartache.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by Leverage2021: 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
triple996:
undecided
Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by ObiOfOnitcha: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Innoson should go and sit down, were talking about banking not baby factory or drug trafficking
Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by mancoconut: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
ObiOfOnitcha:
Innoson should go and sit down, were talking about banking not baby factory or drug trafficking
ObiOfStupidity, Innoson must take over GTB so that he will rid the bank off Afonja filth,criminality and fraudulence, as well use sensitize the poor yeribanza masses through proper funding and employment opportunities... that way the primitive yeribanza terrorists will desist from using each other for human ritualistic experiments such as skull mining and human body part transactions angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by assent: 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
triple996:

Police and soldiers actually massacred endears protesters. What do you say to that
Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by assent: 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
mancoconut:

ObiOfStupidity, Innoson must take over GTB so that he will rid the bank off Afonja filth,criminality and fraudulence, as well use sensitize the poor yeribanza masses through proper funding and employment opportunities... that way the primitive yeribanza terrorists will desist from using each other for human ritualistic experiments such as skull mining and human body part transactions angry

Are you referring to Yorubas like Eze Ego that got his money through rituals in okija shrine?

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Take Wants To Take Over GT Bank by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
N32billion + 22%interest no be small money..
If GTB can't pay him back, they should convert it to shares and give it to him. By so doing Odogwu nwoke Innoson would become the largest shareholder of the bank.

(1) (Reply)

Mark Kutcher, The Don Of Deception / 1.3million Was Deducted In My Account Illegally. Please Help / Bridge Panel Billboard Advertising In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.