Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over (2822 Views)

CNN Reporter Wears Hijab After Taliban Take Kabul / US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down / Afghan President Ghani Flees The Country Following Taliban Take-Over (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by godisshit(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
How Both Male & Female Prostitution Is Thriving In the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

When Zainab met her first client almost two years ago, she was drunk, drugged-up, and had passed out by the time he started raping her. She had never touched alcohol before, but was told she’d be better off unconscious. Terrified, she reluctantly agreed.

The man was gone when the then 18-year-old woke up; her body in pain, her thoughts filled with regret.

She says she now has no alternative but to continue selling sex.

In Afghanistan, sex work is illegal. But as war – and the widespread poverty that comes with it – lingers, the number of women and men who see the trade as their last option has been steadily rising.

Although the penal code does not specify the punishment for sex work, they risk a prison sentence if they get caught.

“Poverty and illiteracy are the main drivers for prostitution,” says a spokesperson at the women’s affairs ministry. “There’s a lack of understanding when it comes to sexual knowledge, especially among younger women. Often, they are deceived into the business.”

Several non-profit organisations across Afghanistan confirmed a steep rise in numbers, estimating that “hundreds” worked in the capital, Kabul. Men and women who sell sex operate out of friends’ houses, coffee shops and beauty parlours.

Fearing threats and retribution, aid workers who were interviewed asked the Guardian not to reveal names.

With the burden of having to take care of her five younger siblings after her father’s death, Zainab had dropped out of school to work full-time as a housekeeper.

When her younger brother became ill and needed hospital care and medication, she asked for a pay advance. But her employer told her: “I don’t have money, but I can bring you a man. You’re a virgin, you will be able to receive a lot of money.”

It was then that Zainab found out about the underground brothel her employer ran. Now 20, Zainab continues to see between two and three men every week, receiving 2,000 afghani (£18) from each of them.

“I was 13 years old when my father died. My mother had long been sick, and as the oldest, I had to take responsibility for my family. I started working as a housekeeper, but the money was never enough,” Zainab says.

Wrapped in a black abaya cloak, Zainab agreed to be interviewed under one condition: no photographs, no last names, no reference to the neighbourhood where she has been working. She sits with her hands folded as she describes her work, only her eyes exposed.

“Most of the men are young, between 25 and 30 years old, and most of them are married. They know my employer and call her to arrange an appointment. Some men request to choose from several girls,” she says, constantly reminding me how much she hates what she does.

“They take 10 minutes, sometimes 20. Some use condoms, but not all of them do,” she says, explaining that her employer provides regular birth control injections to avoid pregnancy, but that she was worried about diseases. “Every time I’m alone in a room with a man, I am scared.” Neither friends nor family know how she’s sustaining an income. Zainab tells them she still works as a housekeeper.

Heather Barr, co-director for women’s rights at Human Rights Watch, says she first met women in Afghanistan selling sex in 2012 and found that many were forced to do it or found it was their only option to survive.

“It illustrates huge failings by the Afghan government in protecting women’s rights,” she says. “Women should never be so cut off from help that they can be abused by others in this way without being able to escape, and the government’s complete lack of a financial safety net and other assistance is what creates a situation where this can be a woman’s only option to survive.”

Zainab says she has seen other women at her employer’s house, but she has never talked to them, too ashamed to admit what she does. She knows many male sex workers operate across Kabul as well, but says she hasn’t met any of them.

Male (Homosexual) Prostitution Is Also Booming In Afghanistan under the Taliban

Javeed (not his real name), a 28-year-old husband and father of three, explains that he lives a double life, with his wife and children unaware of his other occupation.

"I realised many men wanted to sleep with me and I needed money. I started going home with people and developed an interest. Some are now my clients and pay me; others are friends who I decide to have sex with,” he says.

The money, he says, is barely enough to feed his children and provide them with school supplies. Unlike Zainab, he claims his clients never use condoms.

Both Javeed and Zainab say they cannot see a way out of their current situation.

“I know it’s dangerous. I’m scared living this double life,” Zainab says. “But I don’t know how else I would support my younger siblings. I’m sacrificing myself for my family
.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/jun/14/im-sacrificing-myself-agony-of-kabuls-secret-sex-workers-afghanistan
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by dokyOloye: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
Same thing with the ones in the northeast.
Effects of the peace of Islam

6 Likes

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Terorislam: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Covering hijab does not stop anything, I noticed the very day I fu.ckd Aminat a very beautiful Yoruba Muslim girl in ibadan, Oyo state

1 Like

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by delpee(f): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
Afghans are really suffering. Great pity.

1 Like

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by kristonium(m): 10:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
Religion doesn't have any power to deliver from sins.

Only Jesus can.

1 Like

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Leverage2021: 10:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Terorislam:
Covering hijab does not stop anything, I noticed the very day I fu.ckd Aminat a very beautiful Yoruba Muslim girl in ibadan, Oyo state
grin

Actually Umar was the one who imposed hijab on Muslim women (not Mohamed nor his god)

Yet Umar was not a prophet but a pervert that usually hides to see women vagina when peeping

He couldn't help his obsession that even at night he had to frame women to cover themselves to address his obsession

He succeeded in boxing Mohamed who never liked hijab and automatically allah their play toy had to bend it's rules for their sex obsession again by providing another quran verse for them

Sahih al-Bukhari 146
Narrated `Aisha:

The wives of the Prophet (ﷺ) used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqi` at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. `Umar used to say to the Prophet (ﷺ) "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam`a the wife of the Prophet (ﷺ) went out at `Isha' time and she was a tall lady. `Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by ProudImolite: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
Terorislam:
Yorubas na better Muslim? Story, na dem worst pass grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by rayvelez(m): 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
If the Taliban catch you peoples een deh send y’all to hell.
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Mayng01(m): 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
So unfortunate, but inevitable
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by TotoGame(m): 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Religion of peace people too like sex

Even their prophet muhammad do take burantashi while fucking a 5year old aisha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Leverage2021: 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
ProudImolite:
Yorubas na better Muslim? Story, na dem worst pass grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin

Na them high pass

Na them. bleep pass

Them go sell agbo with dry gin con add toto join

3 Likes

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Leverage2021: 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
rayvelez:
If the Taliban catch you peoples een deh send y’all to hell.
Islamic Terrorist sighted

1 Like

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Leverage2021: 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
In Islam prostitution is legal

It's called mutah

You can marry (bleep) for 3 days or 2 and end it

You can even bleep your daughter and her mother together in Islam so long the daughter is from mutah

3 Likes

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by TheWolfen(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Another thread for tribal bigots to masturbate on.
Tribal hate won't get y'all anywhere
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Earlystar698(m): 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
cheesy

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by KillingIsFun: 12:39am On Nov 20, 2021
What's the matter? Afraid of the truth?

TheWolfen:
Another thread for tribal bigots to masturbate on.
Tribal hate won't get y'all anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by BlackfireX: 6:04am On Nov 20, 2021
grin

No comment
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by lottomkyes200: 6:18am On Nov 20, 2021
All this people shouting Sharia make una go ooo
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by german01(m): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Leverage2021:
In Islam prostitution is legal

It's called mutah

You can marry (bleep) for 3 days or 2 and end it

You can even bleep your daughter and her mother together in Islam so long the daughter is from mutah
you’re mad!
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Danjikanbauchi: 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
Terorislam:
please when next you want to talk about Islam don't mention Yoruba Muslims they are kazanta, they are not worthy of Islam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by ProudImolite: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2021
Leverage2021:
grin

Na them high pass

Na them. bleep pass

Them go sell agbo with dry gin con add toto join
Especially the young ones, dem Don dey plenty for the SE. Na all these mechanics be their customers
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Houseofglam7(f): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Religion has and will always be the opium of the masses
Re: Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over by Aganju849: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2021
Islam is a religion from Hell, handed down by the Devil himself whilst masquerading as an angel of light

(1) (Reply)

3 Days Ago Tweets From The Supreme Leader Of Iran Before The Attack On Israel. / Bye Bye Tony Blair / Israel Should Be Very Careful With Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.