Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

How Do I Help Her? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Help Her? (914 Views)

2nd-Grader 7-year-old Girl Raises N1.7M To Help Her Less-privileged Classmates / She Has Been Disturbing Me Because I'm Broke And Can't Help Her At The Moment. / Lady Asks Her Twitter Followers To Help Her Graduating Friend - See Replies Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Help Her? by AbbynHummy(f): 1:40am On Nov 20, 2021
Good day my fellow educators. I teach in a private school and recently a female student of mine told me she has been having vaginal discharge and itches. She wasn't abused, I guess it's an irritation or something. So I advised her to confide in her mother so they can take her to run text, after informing the mom, she said her mom didn't take her serious and just discarded the issue. I really feel bad for her situation, and I'm worried that if I interfere by taking her to run test, her parents may not be happy when they find out. Please I need sincere advise on how to help her because she is in serious discomfort. Thanks
Re: How Do I Help Her? by NoFucksToGive: 1:50am On Nov 20, 2021
AbbynHummy:
Good day my fellow educators. I teach in a private school and recently a female student of mine told me she has been having vaginal discharge and itches. She wasn't abused, I guess it's an irritation or something. So I advised her to confide in her mother so they can take her to run text, after informing the mom, she said her mom didn't take her serious and just discarded the issue. I really feel bad for her situation, and I'm worried that if I interfere by taking her to run test, her parents may not be happy when they find out. Please I need sincere advise on how to help her because she is in serious discomfort. Thanks

Are you a gynecologist?
Re: How Do I Help Her? by illicit(m): 2:32am On Nov 20, 2021
Be careful
Re: How Do I Help Her? by chatinent: 4:25am On Nov 20, 2021
It's probably an infection.

She should visit a pharmacist (not a chemist please).
Re: How Do I Help Her? by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 20, 2021
Take her to run a test so the appropriate medication can be administered immediately.
Women are delicate when it comes to infections they can hide in the body for a long time constituting nuisance later if not treated properly.
Re: How Do I Help Her? by Davash222(m): 4:58am On Nov 20, 2021
Talk to her mum first before taking any action.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Help Her? by Herbephe1(m): 5:21am On Nov 20, 2021
You need a-go- ahead from her parents... how old is she??
Re: How Do I Help Her? by AgentGoat: 6:19am On Nov 20, 2021
Davash222:
Talk to her mum first before taking any action.
Re: How Do I Help Her? by Rickmann: 8:59am On Nov 20, 2021
AbbynHummy:

This could be more complicated than you think dear. Be advised not to involve urself directly but you can be involved indirectly by reaching out to her mum maybe on phone, as a concerned teacher and woman also , explaining to her mum how it's been affecting her daughter's progress in school. By doing this, you have done your bit and fulfilled all righteousness..so it's up to the mum to now take it serious.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Help Her? by Duchessree(f): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2021
Call the mother and tell her about her daughter's health and that she should take her to the hospital to see a doctor .

The infection could be as a result of growth of candida albicans in her vagina
But her mother should take her to a doctor as he/she will be able to prescribe the right drugs and also advise her on how to prevent the infection from occuring again

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help Her? by Hintona(f): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Just take her to a hospital or clinic. It's that simple and inform her parents.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Help Her? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
AbbynHummy:
Why would you run a test.?
Is that what you teach kids in your school?
You should rather take her to a Hospital or better still the school sick bay if it has got one.

What's the issue with NIGERIANS and Test?
Now, If I may ask, what Test will you request for?
IF the results are out, how will u interpret them?
What's really wrong with us?
Everyone seems to be out of control at the same time. What's happening to us?
Even the EDUCATED ONES, don't act educated.
Everyone seems to be a MEDICAL DOCTOR in Nigeria, yet you rush your relatives to hospital.
You cry when doctors embark on strike.
Re: How Do I Help Her? by youngking22(m): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

Why would you run a test.?
Is that what you teach kids in your school?
You should rather take her to a Hospital or better still the school sick bay if it has got one.

What's the issue with NIGERIANS and Test?
Now, If I may ask, what Test will you request for?
IF the results are out, how will u interpret them?
What's really wrong with us?
Everyone seems to be out of control at the same time. What's happening to us?
Even the EDUCATED ONES, don't act educated.
Everyone seems to be a MEDICAL DOCTOR in Nigeria, yet you rush your relatives to hospital.
You cry when doctors embark on strike.

WTF is wrong with you?
Re: How Do I Help Her? by AbbynHummy(f): 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rickmann:

This could be more complicated than you think dear. Be advised not to involve urself directly but you can be involved indirectly by reaching out to her mum maybe on phone, as a concerned teacher and woman also , explaining to her mum how it's been affecting her daughter's progress in school. By doing this, you have done your bit and fulfilled all righteousness..so it's up to the mum to now take it serious.

Thanks for your response.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help Her? by AbbynHummy(f): 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
Duchessree:
Call the mother and tell her about her daughter's health and that she should take her to the hospital to see a doctor .

The infection could be as a result of growth of candida albicans in her vagina
But her mother should take her to a doctor as he/she will be able to prescribe the right drugs and also advise her on how to prevent the infection from occuring again

Thanks. According to her, she said has complained to her mom but her mom keep saying it will go away.
Re: How Do I Help Her? by AbbynHummy(f): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

Are you a gynecologist?

I'm not a gynaecologist, I'm a concerned mother
Re: How Do I Help Her? by Rickmann: 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
[quote author=AbbynHummy post=107890889][/quote]

You welcome
Re: How Do I Help Her? by Duchessree(f): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
AbbynHummy:

Thanks. According to her, she said has complained to her mom but her mom keep saying it will go away.

It won't go away o. I think if you call the mother yourself and tell her about her daughter's health , she will take it serious.
And by the way advice her that there's nothing to be scared of, this infection occurs in about 80% of women (virgin/non-virgin), it occur as a result of abuse of anti-bioitics or heat.
Just tell the girl , if she sleeps alone in her room , she should not wear undies , and when she wash her undies , she should spread it under the sun but if she can't , she should iron it, Infact the mother should buy her a set of undies immediately she starts treatment.
And also she shouldn't be taken to a chemist where they only give her doxycycline , but a hospital will be better ( a general hospital is preferrable) , as a doctor will give her the best treatment for it.
Re: How Do I Help Her? by AbbynHummy(f): 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
Duchessree:

It won't go away o. I think if you call the mother yourself and tell her about her daughter's health , she will take it serious.
And by the way advice her that there's nothing to be scared of, this infection occurs in about 80% of women (virgin/non-virgin), it occur as a result of abuse of anti-bioitics or heat.
Just tell the girl , if she sleeps alone in her room , she should not wear undies , and when she wash her undies , she should spread it under the sun but if she can't , she should iron it, Infact the mother should buy her a set of undies immediately she starts treatment.
And also she shouldn't be taken to a chemist where they only give her doxycycline , but a hospital will be better ( a general hospital is preferrable) , as a doctor will give her the best treatment for it.

My sister, the matter is so complicated, she said it's okay if I call her mom, so I'm going to speak with my principal first before I proceed. Thanks all the same

(1) (Reply)

Strike: ASUU Meets As Visitation Panels Submit Reports / "My Name Is" Or "My Names Are ", Which Is Correct ? / Museveni Responds To Claims That He Caused Muammar Gaddafi's Assassination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.