Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat (2010 Views)

Bakers Baking Hyper Realistic Cakes (Photos) / Colorful Cakes That Look Fuzzy Shag Rugs You’d Regret Stepping On / Hilarious Photos Of Cakes That Probably Taste Better Than They Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2021
Cigarette Cake

The war on tobacco, or rather cigarettes, is certainly no deterrent to conjuring up cool by using the image of the cigarette. But it really only works when a good-looking celebrity is the one smoking—and when you don’t see any of the carnage associated with it. Truly, one of the nastiest things out there is an ashtray with smushed-up butts, left out for days, wafting its stale smoke-laden scent into the room. So, why would you want to order or eat a cake with a fondant ashtray, complete with cigarette butts on top?.

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2021
Sneaker Cake

Not going to lie. This next cake is really impressive, way more than the cigarette cake. Cakes StepbyStep shows us how to make a colorful sneaker cake, although I’m not sure how an amateur baker would be able to pull this off, even with the tutorial. More like step-by-step, you suck at making cakes, let me show you how it’s done, okay?
The cake maker manages to make a beautifully formed shoe mold out of a blue cake and adds shoe texture (because that exists) to the fondant. I barely even know how to tie my shoes.
As much as I bow down to the cake Lord on this one, I definitely would not want to eat it. Not only do I have little interest in eating a shoe, but I also have zero interest in eating fondant and ruining someone’s art.
Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Temidayo9(m): 8:49am On Nov 20, 2021
grin
Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2021
Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 8:52am On Nov 20, 2021
Bloody Human Skin Cake

Fondant hatred aside, this cake may be obvious as to why you wouldn’t want to eat it. It is one of the most horrific, gruesome things I’ve ever seen in the baking world. Epic Confections designed this cake to be a Halloween centerpiece, and boy, did they hit the mark!
There is skin sewn together, bones, guts, a slimy, bloody glaze. It reminds me of dissection in Anatomy & Physiology in high school. The baker really did what they set out to do because I’m not touching this cake with a 10-foot pole, let alone eating it.
I do need to talk about fondant, though, because the intestines are made of it. Fondant is this marshmallowy, sugary icing that you can mold and dye to your liking. But it just tastes like this strange, soft, sugar comforter. It really is like eating a cake blanket. Now imagine a tube of that, in the shape of intestines. So if you are going to eat this cake, peel of the intestines first..

lalasticlala grin

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 8:54am On Nov 20, 2021
Cockroach Cake

Cockroaches are a living nightmare and an unfortunate fact for urban apartment dwellers. And you know that where there’s one, there’s hundreds of them lurking in the darkest corners of your house and crawling up your drains. However, with shows like Fear Factor , cockroaches have become less of a threat and more of a challenge. How long can you hold one? Can you put one in your mouth? Can you make a hyperrealistic cake of a cockroach?
Yes, to that last one. The answer is yes.
Presented to a group of Buzzfeeders with terrible cockroach backstories, it is understandable that they freaked out when they first saw it. The detail is so incredible that it actually looks like the cake cockroach is alive. They eventually ate the cake but watching them slice it, you expect bug guts to come gushing out. Blah.

1 Like

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Flexherbal(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2021
Creativity !
Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by funshint(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2021
You're just doing copy and past. Atleast credit the website where you got these from. This is plagiarism.

1 Like

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 9:19am On Nov 20, 2021
Pig Head Cake

Nobody harmed any pigs while making this cake.
Going back to Katherine Dey, because there’s just so many good ones to choose from, we have the pig head cake, presented with a garnish on a silver platter. Though head cheese, as it’s officially called, is well-loved by some, when you’re literally given the full, unprocessed pig head on a platter, actually eating pig head becomes way less desirable.

1 Like

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 9:19am On Nov 20, 2021
funshint:
You're just doing copy and past. Atleast credit the website where you got these from. This is plagiarism.

and I don't care about what you saying.

1 Like

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2021
5 Kitty Litter Cake
looks like Millipedes.
grin

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2021
Croc Cake

There are just some cakes you don’t want to eat because you actually don’t know it’s a cake and why would you eat that anyway? One example can only be introduced by a Vine of social media past: “What are those?!” “Those are my crocs!”
This cake looks so real that you’d probably assume your foot goes in it, not that you put the shoe in your mouth.

1 Like

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2021

Pimple Cupcakes

These pimple cupcakes are so obscene that no popaholic would be able to comfortably stomach the sight and eating process of them. They probably taste amazing, but I won’t be finding out anytime soon. I mean, the head of the zit is even red and inflamed, with some sort of substance oozing out of it.

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2021
cry

Dead Head Cake

This is a cake literally made to look like someone’s severed, bloody head, eyes rolled back and all. So even though this cake has a buttercream frosting and red velvet cake base, I just can’t get over the idea of eating someone’s head, gushing with fake blood.

GROSS

2 Likes

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Jeon(f): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2021
embarassed

Human Body Cake

Though it may not be the most hyperrealistic, it’s pretty messed up, and one can only imagine the type of cannibalistic fantasies the bakers are trying to fulfill with this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Only vampires would celebrate with this kind of cakes.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by phyya(f): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
These are for people that have cannibalistic tendencies but can't find any way to satisfy their urges.

1 Like

Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by OfficialAwol(m): 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2022
phyya:
These are for people that have cannibalistic tendencies but can't find any way to satisfy their urges.

Hahahahaha!

Especially the man on hospital bed.

They are too gory please.

Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat by illicit(m): 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2022
Disgusting

(1) (Reply)

10 Good Uses For Salt / How To Cook Ofe Akwu / Brukutu in nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.