Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Questioned Conscience:- Should I Stop This Act Or Continue? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Questioned Conscience:- Should I Stop This Act Or Continue? (165 Views)

Should I Rewrite Jamb Or Continue Waiting For Admission / American University Admission: Act Or Sat? / How Do I Stop My Female Students From Lusting After Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questioned Conscience:- Should I Stop This Act Or Continue? by Chijeep(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2021
I'll like to go straight to the point...
There's this Nur/Pry school very close to my shop and there's a little girl of around 5years who attends the school. She's very intelligent and fun to be with(examined from our conversation). I asked her to be saying hello to me in shop whenever she's on her way home which she have been doing for some months now and whenever she come around I'll give her some money to buy cookies which she receives with pleasure and appreciation.
What baffles me now is that I'm now seeing it as exposing her to expecting something even from strangers because when she came around atimes and I told her I don't have change today she'll get somehow annoyed and sometimes if she told me she's going home after spending sometime with me and I want to say goodbye she'll ask me that I don't have change to give her?

This made me to question my attitude towards her if am doing the right thing because I personally love giving little children gifts but the way this little girl is putting mind in it is making me have a quilty conscience.
PLEASE FRIENDS CAN I GET A MATURE ADVICE IF I SHOULD GO ON WITH THE ACT OR SHOULD I LIMIT IT OR EVEN STOP
THANKS
Re: Questioned Conscience:- Should I Stop This Act Or Continue? by Hashabiah: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bros, I was in the same situation some years back, and what I noticed was that a child is a creature of habits: once a particular behavior is accepted, the child will see this as normal and will automatically become used to it. So my advice is that you limit your giving only on special occasions.
Re: Questioned Conscience:- Should I Stop This Act Or Continue? by Chijeep(m): 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
Bros, I was in the same situation some years back, and what I noticed was that children are creatures of habits: once a particular behavior is accepted, they will automatically become used to it. So my advice is that you limit it to only special occasions.
Thanks, but what type of special occasion? She comes almost everyday except on Saturdays and sundays
Re: Questioned Conscience:- Should I Stop This Act Or Continue? by Hashabiah: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chijeep:

Thanks, but what type of special occasion? She comes almost everyday except on Saturdays and sundays
There are lot of special occasions. You can give her gifts on Christmas, or during her birthday, or Sallah(if she's a Muslim) , on New year, or even when she excels on assignments in school and during examinations.
Re: Questioned Conscience:- Should I Stop This Act Or Continue? by Chijeep(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
There are lot of special occasions. You can give her gifts on Christmas, or during her birthday, or Sallah(if she's a Muslim) , on New year, or even when she excels on assignments in school and during examinations.
Alright thanks so much

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Brother In Distress. / Final Cut Pro X 10.6.1 Mac Serial Number / Socio-cultural Organisation And Insecurity In Southeast Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.