Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? (292 Views)

FG Deletes A Loan App That I Owe / I Owe A Microfinance Bank 600k, They Threaten To Jail Me, I Need Your Advice! / AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by Lifewasgood: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
So there's this guy I have known him for 13yrs now, we went to secondary school together...

Earlier this year when we were chatting on Facebook he asked me if I would be willing to invest in entertainment and my reply was 'sure why not'. He said he will get a lawyer to draw up and agreement because he wants it to be a partnership and I sent my email that the drafts should be sent to me so I can go through it. He never sent any mail.

2/3 months later I now have money and I reached out to him that I want him to accompany me to buy a laptop and a camera. So when will met the entertainment issue came up again and he asked if I have enough money to setup a studio and I said yes. He said then will should go to PH to setup the studio. Without telling my girlfriend we boarded a bus to PH but before we left I gave him 70k to buy something we can be retailing till the studio starts producing money.

Now in PH, I rented an apartment, bought all equipments needed for the studio. At first we were working from home. I left him in charge, he doesn't even know how to operate the equipments which he spent close to 2 months to learn. So for that 2 months there was no income.

Girlfriend now is done with school, so she came over and my guy was complaining she can't be with us, so I decided to rent another apartment but he said no, why will I be paying rent for two apartments. I should just rent a shop and we move the studio there so we 3 can be together in the self con. Later he said a friend of his who will come join us in the studio will he also be leaving with us. Na so, 4 of us come dey one self con.

One day I asked him that afar, the things will bought with 70k, I can't see them again and said he has not finish selling them and the little he has sold he used on running the house. I wondered how does he run the house cos I bought the foodstuffs, I filled the gas, paid light bill and security bill so wetin he pay for. We quarrelled that day, he threw 1500 at me, which I gave him back and he started saying there was a time he gave me 30k for a business and I gave him only 12k and the only money he has with him is to buy back the things he has sold which he never did till date. I said no issue, since boss said he's the one paying the bills in running the house let him continue. Na so we take owe light bill for 3 months, landlord cut the water to our room and gas finish I nor shake body. Last week here he asked for 500 to add to what he has so he can fill the gas and I said I don't have.

Na be outburst, that he will fill the gas and I should not touch it, I told him no need to fill the gas cause na me get cylinder but he should carry his load and leave. For two months now the studio done close, I sold all the equipments after he couldn't account for the 70k and instead was saying I owe money from 2019. I say this one na trouble and 5k we never get for the 3 months wey the Studio dey on and told him I'm going to sell them before I did. Not forgetting him and the guy he brought had an issue over a girl and he gave me ultimatum that if I don't tell the guy to leave the girl he won't work with us again. Which I saw as stupidity because I don't see any reason the girl will be a bargaining chip in our business.

He made many threats which I recorded, and now he is saying that before he will leave I will have to pay him 750k because I called him that I wanted to do a business so he should come and help me run it which is a lie cause he was the one that told me to invest in entertainment and that i told him to come teach me something which he couldn't for 3 months.

Please advise me on how to go about it cause I like send am go jail.
Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by ignis: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Too long bro..

Summarize if you need an answer
Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by Davash222(m): 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Na kpekus ruin your business and friendship with your guy.

Why did you bring your girlfriend to your hustling base? I have this premonition that you and guy would have succeeded in that studio business if you didn't bring your girl.

Few months of starting a business and renting a self con apartment, you brought your girlfriend to live with you. Bad move.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by Hashabiah: 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Oga, there are too many inconsistencies in your story and secondly , how can you send him to jail when you don't have any form of written agreement?undecided
Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
To be honest, I was reading and following the post, then at a point I was like "Bleep it! I need to go and prepare (buy fuel in case NEPA display their talent) for Chelsea's match.

Next time OP, just go straight to the point. Even if I had an advice to give you at the beginning, before I get to the end I would have forgotten my advice.
Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by ojun50(m): 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Tell him to fu,c.k off

That he should go get is lawyer
Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
As you started the story, I already knew the end of the story.

Report him to police.

If you paid the house rent, show police the receipts. Tell them, he begged you to squat for 2 months and has refused to pack out. They will send him out of your house.

If he ever threatened you on the recordings, play it for police, he will move from cell/bail to pack his bags out of your house.

Average Nigerian poor man is a BLACKMAILER. He can't add value to your life.
Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by gasparpisciotta: 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
If you signed any form of agreement before going into this business relationship you need to quickly review it with a lawyer.
Re: Advice Needed! Do I Owe Him Or Not? by SavageResponse(m): 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
So the guy just told you about a business and you packed your things and followed hit to Port Harcourt to set up the business without any agreement on how much each party would contribute?!

(1) (Reply)

Why Would Someone Scam A Data Reseller? / Okay sorry...it's been deleted / The Simplest Online Money Making Biz With Guarantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.